[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

This black parts thing is happening in several mods. I mentioned airplane plus already; now I noticed it in kerbal foundries.

But changing the subject: hey @linuxgurugamer I think there is something wrong with how tweakscale deals with the three floater parts - and only them, as the rest can be tweakscaled just fine. If you click any button to change the floater's size, doesn't matter how (decrease, increase, it's all the same) it will only shrink the part to a very, very small size. Like, so small that you can't select it with the mouse anymore.

Can you check this out? It's a shame, because those are the only decent floater parts anywhere in the kerbalverse and it would be good to change their size to fit larger planes - as it was, before.

Take this over to the Tweakscale thread, I don't support that

On 2/7/2020 at 2:27 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, you can thank Squad for breaking this mod.  There is a stock texture being used which was just removed, not even moved to the zDeprecated directory.

If you have an older game, then do this:

Copy the following file:

KSP\GameData\Squad\Parts\FuelTank\Size3Tanks\fueltTanks_cm.dds

to the same location in 1.8.

If you don't, then complain to Squad about this file having been removed and not put into the zDeprecated directory

Without permission, I can't legally provide it.  And yes, I have contacted them, waiting to hear

@linuxgurugamer Probably a stupid question, but if i get Steam to download 1.7.3 from the beta's tab and copy the .dds from that one will that work ? 

Didnt know if it needed to be a specific version or not sorry ?

...also Thank you for this mod and the ridiculous number of other mods you keep alive ! Soon as I have some form of disposable income i'll donate [Opens fresh can of dog food for dinner]

1 hour ago, Squeaky said:

@linuxgurugamer Probably a stupid question, but if i get Steam to download 1.7.3 from the beta's tab and copy the .dds from that one will that work ? 

Didnt know if it needed to be a specific version or not sorry ?

...also Thank you for this mod and the ridiculous number of other mods you keep alive ! Soon as I have some form of disposable income i'll donate [Opens fresh can of dog food for dinner]

Not a stupid question.  Yes, that will work

19 hours ago, Squeaky said:

For real. There's so many of you who take the time to maintain all of these mods. I've come to use them so much that the game is basically unplayable to me without them. Thank you for all your work!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 2:18 AM, DeliriumTrigger said:
On 2/7/2020 at 3:27 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, you can thank Squad for breaking this mod.  There is a stock texture being used which was just removed, not even moved to the zDeprecated directory.

If you have an older game, then do this:

Copy the following file:

KSP\GameData\Squad\Parts\FuelTank\Size3Tanks\fueltTanks_cm.dds

to the same location in 1.8.

If you don't, then complain to Squad about this file having been removed and not put into the zDeprecated directory

Without permission, I can't legally provide it.  And yes, I have contacted them, waiting to hear

Thanks for this, I was wondering why a couple of the parts were all black even after running the included batch file.

[EDIT: Disregard, I'm an idiot

Spoiler

Just a heads up, the long black-and-white Oscar-type fuel tank (Oscar-C IIRC, not in game right now) was all black, this fixed it for me:

EDIT: [It does not], I was adding another instance of texture, because I was missing a '%'; with the %texture as it is supposed to be, it actually breaks it. [Don't use this patch!]

@PART[SXT625mFuel4]{
  @MODEL{
    //texture = fueltTanks_cm , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3Tanks/fueltTanks_cm
    texture = fueltTanks_cm, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankOscarB/tank
    // works.
  }
}

]

I'm still trying to figure out how to fix the round wing tip (@PART[SXTWingTipRound]); it is partially textured, the edge texture is correct, but the surface texture is plain white. In earlier versions, it was "Porkjet grey".

[EDIT2: No matter what, I can't get the texture to change at all, except when I delete GameData/SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/Wing/Wings.dds which causes it to be all-grey, and untextured, but that also affects several other parts. When I'm not forgetting to specify the correct operator, I can of course change the texture. However, I can't get the parts to align correctly (the UV mapping, I think; I have no clue about that). I tried flipping, mirroring, and rotating the whole texture. It looks like it's composed of four individual quadrants, so I tried these operations on them individually as well. Nothing of that resulted in something I'd prefer over the current look.]

If anybody has any ideas/solutions, I'd be very grateful.

Edited by Corax
updated, but still no solution

2 hours ago, Corax said:

[EDIT: Disregard, I'm an idiot

Reveal hidden contents

Just a heads up, the long black-and-white Oscar-type fuel tank (Oscar-C IIRC, not in game right now) was all black, this fixed it for me:

EDIT: [It does not], I was adding another instance of texture, because I was missing a '%'; with the %texture as it is supposed to be, it actually breaks it. [Don't use this patch!]

@PART[SXT625mFuel4]{
  @MODEL{
    //texture = fueltTanks_cm , Squad/Parts/FuelTank/Size3Tanks/fueltTanks_cm
    texture = fueltTanks_cm, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankOscarB/tank
    // works.
  }
}

]

I'm still trying to figure out how to fix the round wing tip (@PART[SXTWingTipRound]); it is partially textured, the edge texture is correct, but the surface texture is plain white. In earlier versions, it was "Porkjet grey".

[EDIT2: No matter what, I can't get the texture to change at all, except when I delete GameData/SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/Wing/Wings.dds which causes it to be all-grey, and untextured, but that also affects several other parts. When I'm not forgetting to specify the correct operator, I can of course change the texture. However, I can't get the parts to align correctly (the UV mapping, I think; I have no clue about that). I tried flipping, mirroring, and rotating the whole texture. It looks like it's composed of four individual quadrants, so I tried these operations on them individually as well. Nothing of that resulted in something I'd prefer over the current look.]

If anybody has any ideas/solutions, I'd be very grateful.

How about a few screenshots of the problem

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How about a few screenshots of the problem

Would have been the first thing of course, but do you know an image hoster that doesn't require signing up, stripping down to your pants, and/or allowing GoogleAmazonCurse tracking JS crap? Imgur sadly doesn't work for me. I can send an image via email if you really think you need it, need an address though.

That said, there's nothing much to see. The part has a regularly textured carbon/carbon leading edge (or rather, surrounding, since it's a semicircle), but the central surface area (everything that is not edge) is untextured plain white. It's really obvious next to regular stock wing panels, and it hasn't always been that way.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2020 at 8:16 AM, Corax said:

Would have been the first thing of course, but do you know an image hoster that doesn't require signing up, stripping down to your pants, and/or allowing GoogleAmazonCurse tracking JS crap? Imgur sadly doesn't work for me. I can send an image via email if you really think you need it, need an address though.

That said, there's nothing much to see. The part has a regularly textured carbon/carbon leading edge (or rather, surrounding, since it's a semicircle), but the central surface area (everything that is not edge) is untextured plain white. It's really obvious next to regular stock wing panels, and it hasn't always been that way.

Just make an issue in Github and drag pictures there. Then you can link them to the forum.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:59 AM, Drew Kerman said:

Yes it will, you'll just need to whitelist some textures. Instructions are included in the Restock download

I believe it already has a whitelist.  That being said, if you find any missing, let me know

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I believe it already has a whitelist.  That being said, if you find any missing, let me know

You're right my bad - for some reason I thought when I created my own list after installing ReStock I had to whitelist some SXT parts but I just checked my list and none are on there. Derp

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

Just noticed why I've never been able to attach anything to the nodes on the truck beds and wheel beds of the trucks.  I've always just surface attached stuff.  The node is pointed the wrong way.

1st pic, probe won't attach on any of those nodes until I lay it over on it's side like in the 2nd pic.  The nodes to put the truck together work fine.

Just thought I'd let you know.  Thanks for maintaining this.  It's nice to have a real ground vehicle for tooling around KSP.

uc?export=view&id=1YQV7bZRguCEjaFzxx8kxu

2 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

Just noticed why I've never been able to attach anything to the nodes on the truck beds and wheel beds of the trucks.  I've always just surface attached stuff.  The node is pointed the wrong way.

1st pic, probe won't attach on any of those nodes until I lay it over on it's side like in the 2nd pic.  The nodes to put the truck together work fine.

Just thought I'd let you know.  Thanks for maintaining this.  It's nice to have a real ground vehicle for tooling around KSP.

Thank you, I'll get it fixed Monday evening

21 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

Ckan not installing.  I got errors. 

Ummm, what errors?

I'll add that while you should always give more information than "it's broken", I have been able to verify that there is a problem, but I'm not sure if it's CKAN or the mod;  I can download and install the mod by hand from Spacedock, so I doubt it's the mod.  The error is an extraction error, I'm waiting to hear from the CKAN folks about the report I posted

49 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, what errors?

I'll add that while you should always give more information than "it's broken", I have been able to verify that there is a problem, but I'm not sure if it's CKAN or the mod;  I can download and install the mod by hand from Spacedock, so I doubt it's the mod.  The error is an extraction error, I'm waiting to hear from the CKAN folks about the report I posted

Nevermind! now i try install to screenshot error and the process finish successfully!

I think a reinit system have fixed.

Thanks

@linuxgurugamer

I updated the package, and when I loaded my truck it looked like this.

uc?export=view&id=1wRV9V3efebJmlTmdzTDSC

So I rebuilt it, and then launched it on the runway, but the wheels wouldn't move the truck.  They just spun in place. 

I futzed with it, and it looks like they are 90 degrees off from where the bottom of the tire should be.  This makes it when you turn, the wheels turn up and down, not left and right.

uc?export=view&id=1s_BNM07Qvq29hB_TWBq9Y

The connection points did work correctly though on the parts I tried. I think reverting whatever you changed on the wheel parts would fix it.

Thanks!

Edited by Critter79606

8 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

I updated the package, and when I loaded my truck it looked like this.

That's the result of changes I made.  The parts were coming into the scene incorrectly, so I had to rotate them.  Sorry, it didn't occur to me that there would be issues like that.

8 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

So I rebuilt it, and then launched it on the runway, but the wheels wouldn't move the truck.  They just spun in place. 

I futzed with it, and it looks like they are 90 degrees off from where the bottom of the tire should be.  This makes it when you turn, the wheels turn up and down, not left and right.

Again, result of some rotations, mostly for asthetics on the wheel.  I'll revert the wheel changes and test it before sending out another update.

Thanks for the quick test and reply

9 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

404 Not Found

Looks like this was deleted, or maybe was never here. Who knows.

This is what I get when I try go get v0.3.29.3.

from where?

9 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

404 Not Found

Looks like this was deleted, or maybe was never here. Who knows.

This is what I get when I try go get v0.3.29.3.

That's a spacedock issue, I'll contact them.  For now, try getting it from Github:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SXTContinued/releases

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.