[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

Quick Question: Does anyone know which Engines are supposed to go on the S-I-C and S-II (first and second Stage) of the Saturn V Parts? I didn't find one that seemed fitting to me-the LV-T80 "Robin" has a bad TWR on the Second Stage and the RE-M1 "Commodore" is too large for the First Stage. I also tried the F-1 respectively J-2 Replicas from the Making History DLC but the RE-I2 "Skiff" has even worse TWR on the second Stage while the KE-1 "Mastodon" works fine on the first Stage, but I'm sure there are other Engines intended for that Purpose as that DLC wasn't around yet when this Mod came up.

2 hours ago, derbleifuss said:

Quick Question: Does anyone know which Engines are supposed to go on the S-I-C and S-II (first and second Stage) of the Saturn V Parts? I didn't find one that seemed fitting to me-the LV-T80 "Robin" has a bad TWR on the Second Stage and the RE-M1 "Commodore" is too large for the First Stage. I also tried the F-1 respectively J-2 Replicas from the Making History DLC but the RE-I2 "Skiff" has even worse TWR on the second Stage while the KE-1 "Mastodon" works fine on the first Stage, but I'm sure there are other Engines intended for that Purpose as that DLC wasn't around yet when this Mod came up.

Take a look at the stock Saturn V to get an idea.  You can look at the SpaceY as well, some nice engines in there

• 1 month later...

This is a more general question , than a FAR-related one, but SXT parts is causing FAR to have headaches.   Many parts in SXT prompt "voxel cross section area is nan" errors in the console when grabbing them in the editor. It's not wing panels, but some engines and cockpits, etc. that don't have FAR configs to begin with.

Is there a part value or feature more generally missing that was added to KSP somewhere in the last few versions that FAR is looking for and not finding?

Edited by Beetlecat

6 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

This is a more general question , than a FAR-related one, but SXT parts is causing FAR to have headaches.   Many parts in SXT prompt "voxel cross section area is nan" errors in the console when grabbing them in the editor. It's not wing panels, but some engines and cockpits, etc. that don't have FAR configs to begin with.

Is there a part value or feature more generally missing that was added to KSP somewhere in the last few versions that FAR is looking for and not finding?

I dont' support FAR, but I suspect this may have been a problem for a long time.  If someone were to fix the FAR issues, I'd be happy to merge in their changes 

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I dont' support FAR, but I suspect this may have been a problem for a long time.  If someone were to fix the FAR issues, I'd be happy to merge in their changes 

Totally fair -- and if I get a sense of what to "fix" over time, I'll see about putting together a PR. Otherwise I'm just wanting a few parts and pruning out the rest.

I honestly have never even *looked* at many of them until now. Some really interesting stuff, including the huge Duna Habitat module thing. It's a 3-story apartment, complete with a wildly elaborate IVA.  Some hidden treasures in this pack. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Squeaky said:

Woop, updated for 1.12.1 !

Didnt expect this one to come back and didnt want to be that guy to ask

Thank you for the update

Wan't actually an update yet, just told Spacedock.

There are some texture issues with 1.12, will be fixing that in a few days

On 7/6/2021 at 9:15 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

There are some texture issues with 1.12, will be fixing that in a few days

are you talking about the parts that are 100% Black (Don'tstauputnik Probe Core, Tzar-Pushka, Commodore, Pancake, Perun, and Mokosh Liquid Fuel Engines, Extendable RCS boom, large Linear RCS array, and Conformal Rocket Cone), or the parts that are 50% white, 50% black (TR-35C, TR-50A, and TR-50B, Stack Decouplers and Veles Engine Block) or both? and can you remove the Mk0 liquid fuel fuselage because there is one in the game and the part from your mod is the same as the stock one.

Edited by Kerbal410

2 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

are you talking about the parts that are 100% Black (Don'tstauputnik Probe Core, Tzar-Pushka, Commodore, Pancake, Perun, and Mokosh Liquid Fuel Engines, Extendable RCS boom, large Linear RCS array, and Conformal Rocket Cone), or the parts that are 50% white, 50% black (TR-35C, TR-50A, and TR-50B, Stack Decouplers and Veles Engine Block) or both? and can you remove the Mk0 liquid fuel fuselage because there is one in the game and the part from your mod is the same as the stock one.

Both, and no, I can't remove the part, since that would break any vessels that currently use it

On 7/11/2021 at 5:04 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Both, and no, I can't remove the part, since that would break any vessels that currently use it

that makes sense, but why did you have a part identical to a stock part in your mod in the first place?

Edited by Kerbal410

• 3 weeks later...

Hello linuxgurugamer,

with the current release you have also delivered a version of the Firespitter where two MODULES do not work correctly. If you are also active here, I would be very happy if the MODULE FSbuoyancy and MODULE FloaterModule receive an update.

At the moment, formerly self-built, inflatable buoyancy modules no longer work.

The following call was used:

MODULE
{
	name = FSbuoyancy
	buoyancyForce = 25.0 // the force applied to lift the part, scaled by depth according to buoyancyRange
	buoyancyRange = 1.0 // the max depth at which the buoyancy will be scaled up. at this depth, the force applied is equal to buyoancyForce. At 0 depth, the force is 0
	buoyancyVerticalOffset = 0.0 // how high the part rides on the water in meters. Not a position offset inside the part. This will be applied in the global axis regardless of part rotation. Think iceberg/styrofoam.
	maxVerticalSpeed = 0.2 // the max speed vertical speed at which there will be a liftng force applied. Reduces bobbing.
	dragInWater = 1.5 // when in water, apply drag to slow the craft down. Stock drag is 3.
	debugMode = False // enables buoyancy control context menus
	waterImpactTolerance = 250 // For sea planes, any part in the water during take off should have a resistance high enough to withstand take off speeds.
	splashFXEnabled = False // on by default, creates splashes even deep under water currently...
}

MODULE
{
 	name = FloaterModule
 	FireSpitterBuoyancyFieldName = buoyancyForce
 	FireSpitterBuoyancyModuleName = FSbuoyancy		
 	deployAnimationName = deploy_CAIRF-S
 	deployAnimationSpeed = -1.0			//animation shows float deflating, so speed needs to be reversed
 	buoyancyWhenDeployed = 100.0		//in-game adjustable buyoancy %
 	buoyancyWhenStowed = 0.0
 	maxBuoyancy = 100.0				
 	pumpPower = 100.0
}

Thank you very much!

If, contrary to expectations, the post is in the wrong place, please accept my apologies.

21 hours ago, hraban said:

Hello linuxgurugamer,

with the current release you have also delivered a version of the Firespitter where two MODULES do not work correctly. If you are also active here, I would be very happy if the MODULE FSbuoyancy and MODULE FloaterModule receive an update.

At the moment, formerly self-built, inflatable buoyancy modules no longer work.

The following call was used:

MODULE
{
	name = FSbuoyancy
	buoyancyForce = 25.0 // the force applied to lift the part, scaled by depth according to buoyancyRange
	buoyancyRange = 1.0 // the max depth at which the buoyancy will be scaled up. at this depth, the force applied is equal to buyoancyForce. At 0 depth, the force is 0
	buoyancyVerticalOffset = 0.0 // how high the part rides on the water in meters. Not a position offset inside the part. This will be applied in the global axis regardless of part rotation. Think iceberg/styrofoam.
	maxVerticalSpeed = 0.2 // the max speed vertical speed at which there will be a liftng force applied. Reduces bobbing.
	dragInWater = 1.5 // when in water, apply drag to slow the craft down. Stock drag is 3.
	debugMode = False // enables buoyancy control context menus
	waterImpactTolerance = 250 // For sea planes, any part in the water during take off should have a resistance high enough to withstand take off speeds.
	splashFXEnabled = False // on by default, creates splashes even deep under water currently...
}

MODULE
{
 	name = FloaterModule
 	FireSpitterBuoyancyFieldName = buoyancyForce
 	FireSpitterBuoyancyModuleName = FSbuoyancy		
 	deployAnimationName = deploy_CAIRF-S
 	deployAnimationSpeed = -1.0			//animation shows float deflating, so speed needs to be reversed
 	buoyancyWhenDeployed = 100.0		//in-game adjustable buyoancy %
 	buoyancyWhenStowed = 0.0
 	maxBuoyancy = 100.0				
 	pumpPower = 100.0
}

Thank you very much!

If, contrary to expectations, the post is in the wrong place, please accept my apologies.

You didn't say what version of KSP you were running.

In general, would be best to install the latest Firespitter. I don't maintain that,  get it from here:  http://snjo.github.io/

18 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You didn't say what version of KSP you were running.

In general, would be best to install the latest Firespitter. I don't maintain that,  get it from here:  http://snjo.github.io/

Hello @linuxgurugamer,

right, I forgot to mention that the described error with the latest version of the Firespitter occurs only in KSP 1.12.

Edited by hraban

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And, where is the log file which I ask for, listed in every signature?

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

@linuxgurugamer

The Log-Part

[LOG 17:20:41.875] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Contares/Parts/AirBag/CAIRF-S/CAIRF-S'
[ERR 17:20:41.882] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FloaterModule'

[LOG 17:20:41.886] PartLoader: Part 'Contares/Parts/AirBag/CAIRF-S/CAIRF-S' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 17:20:41.886] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 17:20:41.887] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'CAIRF-S'
[LOG 17:39:32.577] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb Dev #1092 Sarbian
[WRN 17:39:33.549] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at CAIRF-S, index 0.
Node 'ModuleAnimateGeneric' found in loaded data, but 'FSbuoyancy' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleAnimateGeneric in other indices...
[WRN 17:39:33.549] ...no ModuleAnimateGeneric module found on part definition. Skipping...
[WRN 17:39:33.550] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at CAIRF-S, index 0.
Node 'ModuleAnimateGeneric' found in loaded data, but 'FSbuoyancy' is defined in prefab.
[WRN 17:39:33.550] ...no ModuleAnimateGeneric module found on part definition. Skipping...
[WRN 17:39:33.551] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at CAIRF-S, index 0.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.