Mod/addon not loading

So, I've got about one thousand two hundred hours of non-modded time under my belt, but now I've grown bored. I tried installing a mod, following the guidelines set by tutorials, and the compressed folder is in gamedata, but still won't load. Do I open something? abracadabra? Am I placing it in the wrong place? do I need to continuously run a rover into it? Please help!

-CaptainDill

1 hour ago, Capt. Dill said:

So, I've got about one thousand two hundred hours of non-modded time under my belt, but now I've grown bored. I tried installing a mod, following the guidelines set by tutorials, and the compressed folder is in gamedata, but still won't load. Do I open something? abracadabra? Am I placing it in the wrong place? do I need to continuously run a rover into it? Please help!

-CaptainDill

Hi which mod are you trying to install? i very much doubt that the instructions asked you to put compressed folders into GameData Ksp mods on the whole consist of text files, image files and 1 .mu file, although bundles can now be used it is unlikely you have downloaded a bundled mod.  No matter how complex the mod is it will always contain those files

The compressed folder is not supposed to go in GameData 99.9% of mods  are laid out as follows  KSP/GameData/coolmod/coolmodparts/etc.    To correctly install a KSP mod first extract the download, usually a zip, once extracted re read the install instructions,  it is likely that  the download contains a Gamedata folder, if it does ignore that and go one folder deeper,   A typical zip is laid out in one of two ways sometimes  it will be  Dillscoolmod-v-0-1/GameData/dillscoolmod/dillscoolmodparts/   in this case ignore the first two folders as they are just packaging and install dillscoolmod into your GameData folder, do not move any folders from inside the mod and do not move any dlls found in the mod. The other way will be simply Dillscoolmod/dillscoolmodparts/  in this case install Dillscoolmod and as before all the contained files and folders should be left inside the mod folder.

8 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi which mod are you trying to install? i very much doubt that the instructions asked you to put compressed folders into GameData Ksp mods on the whole consist of text files, image files and 1 .mu file, although bundles can now be used it is unlikely you have downloaded a bundled mod.  No matter how complex the mod is it will always contain those files

The compressed folder is not supposed to go in GameData 99.9% of mods  are laid out as follows  KSP/GameData/coolmod/coolmodparts/etc.    To correctly install a KSP mod first extract the download, usually a zip, once extracted re read the install instructions,  it is likely that  the download contains a Gamedata folder, if it does ignore that and go one folder deeper,   A typical zip is laid out in one of two ways sometimes  it will be  Dillscoolmod-v-0-1/GameData/dillscoolmod/dillscoolmodparts/   in this case ignore the first two folders as they are just packaging and install dillscoolmod into your GameData folder, do not move any folders from inside the mod and do not move any dlls found in the mod. The other way will be simply Dillscoolmod/dillscoolmodparts/  in this case install Dillscoolmod and as before all the contained files and folders should be left inside the mod folder.

Thanks, I'm running the Interstellar mod. I'll try that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.