[1.4.5] HullBreach - Making things Sink

gomker

New Hullbreach  update for KSP 1.4.3 and BDA 1.2.1.2
This is a team supported version whilst gomker is otherwise engaged
Thanks to @DoctorDavinci for cooking this version

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/368837516238913547/452147231932284936/HullBreach_5.7.18_KSP_v1.4.3.zip

FsvzgFJ.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

DoctorDavinci's Hull Breach Update to KSP v1.4.x and any BDAc version

- Added extension method to remove to reliance on rebuilding Hull Breach for each BDAc version (courtesy of @Papa_Joe)

BE AWARE that this is a maintenance release only ... for use until @gomker gets back from hiatus

Download Link: https://github.com/DoctorDavinci/HullBreach/releases/tag/v1

Is this mod compatible with https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/152916-14xaircraft-carrier-accessories/& ? Even with very high "Flowamount" and "Maxamount" values ship is not sinking. But removing this:

MODULE
{
    name = FXModuleConstrainPosition
    matchRotation = true
    matchPosition = false
        CONSTRAINFX
    {
        targetName = rudder
        moversName = rudder1
    }
        CONSTRAINFX
    {
        targetName = rudder
        moversName = rudder2
    }
}

MODULE
    {
        name = Floatsystem
        Stability = 500
        yaws = 1
        yawc = 3
    }

From Aircraft carrier accesories config makes ship sinkable. Maybe there is incombatibility between HullBreach Plugin and plugin from Aicraft carrier accesories mod? Or maybe there is some workaround or way to make this ship sinking?

1 hour ago, L0ck0n said:

MODULE
    {
        name = Floatsystem
        Stability = 500
        yaws = 1
        yawc = 3
    }

No idea what this module is or where it's from. ( apart from being a bad thing)   HullBreach was developed to work with stock buoyancy only,  any modifications to water physics or  the buoyancy system will render HB unable to function correctly.
If you need a carrier I suggest the Enterprise , which has a full set of patches and rebalance to work with HB.   WHY does it need  it need a special module in order to float correctly? my experience leads me to believe it's because there is much wrong with the set up  of the hull.  There is no valid reason to modify water physics or buoyancy as the Enterprise proves

To make that hull work with HB it is likely that  using the stock cfg options only, the hull needs to be re checked for buoyancy , and be adjusted to suit, this will probably require alteration of the vessel mass to something more appropriate. As yet we have not found anything we could not get a decent sinking performance from,  but there's no universal guide, each part/Hull has to be tuned individually.

1 hour ago, L0ck0n said:

MODULE
{
    name = FXModuleConstrainPosition
    matchRotation = true
    matchPosition = false
        CONSTRAINFX
    {
        targetName = rudder
        moversName = rudder1
    }
        CONSTRAINFX
    {
        targetName = rudder
        moversName = rudder2
    }
}

Removing that part of the cfg has pretty much broken the steering

11 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

No idea what this module is or where it's from. ( apart from being a bad thing)   HullBreach was developed to work with stock buoyancy only,  any modifications to water physics or  the buoyancy system will render HB unable to function correctly.
If you need a carrier I suggest the Enterprise , which has a full set of patches and rebalance to work with HB.   WHY does it need  it need a special module in order to float correctly? my experience leads me to believe it's because there is much wrong with the set up  of the hull.  There is no valid reason to modify water physics or buoyancy as the Enterprise proves

To make that hull work with HB it is likely that  using the stock cfg options only, the hull needs to be re checked for buoyancy , and be adjusted to suit, this will probably require alteration of the vessel mass to something more appropriate. As yet we have not found anything we could not get a decent sinking performance from,  but there's no universal guide, each part/Hull has to be tuned individually.

Removing that part of the cfg has pretty much broken the steering 

Enterprise from this mod  "https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/152916-14xaircraft-carrier-accessories/" is not working with hullbreach for me. I cant find other mod with Enterprise. Could you give link to it?

Edited by L0ck0n

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I recompiled for 1.4.5 but I need to find those changes that Doc made - AFAIK it should work (from my debug tests) if the Doc's version works for you continue to use that :)
I'll need to sync up Doc's branch with some Git foo later

• 1 year later...

Unofficial  release of HullBreach for KSP 1.8.1

I've been working on this (with a LOT of help from @DoctorDavinci and @SpannerMonkey(smce)) for quite a while.

The changes made to this version of HullBreach have not been accepted by @gomker, He is the original author, all the credit goes to him, and these changes may not be permanent!

Use at your own risk!!

Download Link: https://github.com/TheKurgan/HullBreach/releases

Changes:

In this version there are 3 levels of Breach, Minor, Serious and Fatal.

Known Issues: 

HullBreach warning messages stay on screen even after the Breach state changes from "Minor" to "Serious" to "Fatal"

Example Config:

@PART[BoatHull]:NEEDS[HullBreach]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHullBreach
        MinorFlooding = 2 //flow rate
        SeriousFlooding = 5 //flow rate
        FatalFlooding = 30 //flow rate
        MinorDmg = 0.90 // 90% Hp left
        SeriousDmg = 0.6 //60% Hp left
        FatalDmg = 0.25 //25% HP Left
        hull = true 
        hydroExplosive = true
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = SeaWater
        amount = 1
        maxAmount = 20000
    }
}
@PART[boatDeck]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleHullBreach
        hull = false
        hydroExplosive = false
        crushable = true
        crushDepth = 200
    }
}

License 

This work is shared under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license

Edited by TheKurgan

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.