[1.12.2]Sci-Fi Visual Enchancements V-1.6 (high performance alt to SVE)

panzer1b

On 6/27/2021 at 1:14 AM, panzer1b said:

As much as id like to, i tried and tried and it cant be done without killing scatterer entirely (and given what scatterer does to sunsets/sunflare/cloud improvements like coloring, im just not willing to ditch it).  Basically nothing i can do with the cloud layers to make them glow black (which is a sad thing, but im limited by EVE/scatterer mechanics).

Ive been insanely busy these last few months so 0 time for KSP dev since my job has a stupid amount of overtime now, and im getting ready to move abroad, so well have to see whether ill get more time when im out of the US for good, but it is what it is, and what little freetime i have right now im just too tired to do any creative stuff :( (short of occasionally making some KSP vessels and play the other games i also have)...

Cool but you could ask help from the planet modding community i guess
or in the discord, it would work with NEW scatterer files

• 3 weeks later...

While i have given up on attempting to recreate black planet atmos, i have restarted work on this and plan to have V1.6 out in the next few weeks.

okgakuU.png

Im actually remaking vall from the ground up based on a planet i saw in a dream (2 layers of ice shards / asteroids as an atmosphere, had to evade crashing which isnt modeled in KSP EVE, but whatever).  I have to redo the layers and details (these are temporary placeholders).

se8EZIp.png

Textures are placeholders, since i need some time to make new ones, but in general its going to be thick solid layers with holes going through them, so that it looks like 2 layers interlocked.

nVGOh0u.png

This is what the concept is, white is top layer, grey is mid layer, black is plant surface.  Layer up is whiteish, layer mid is bluish.  It wont look exactly like this (edges should be more jagged and the top layer had larger sized holes in my dream), but thats sorta what im going for with the new Vall looks in the next update.  Again, im very busy irl, and i dont expect to be done with this soon, but likely within the next 2 months if all goes well...

Also, ive started touching up the other planets (namely to try and eliminate the artefacting when at certain altitudes that caused the planet glow layer to either be rendered underground or have weird lines in it when within the atmo.  I also want to take another look at Duna's dust fx which i feel could be somewhat touched up (maybee slightly less saturated red, different texture, ect), and i also wanna redo laythe somewhat (i like the concept i started with when it comes to rain storm planet and lots of darker grey clouds, but not so much the execution).  So theres some work to be done, but ill eventually get there...

Edited by panzer1b

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 8:32 PM, MCWither_Storm said:

Just an idea, but a patch to add textures for the bodies in the outer planets mod would be nice.

Its beyond the scope of base SciFiVE to actually support other mods, as i dont even have as much time as id like to to...  I used to have plenty of time back when i was in school/college, but now that I have a job and a life you guys will have to be happy with what little time i do have for modding.

AwXRXag.png

On that regard, i need just a bit more time to finish the newest version of this mod, and while im sorry for the long delays, freetime especially freetime that im willing to spend modding games is very rare for me.  Still, provided nothing comes up (as it has a habit of so no promises), i should be able to finalize the most recent updated version of SciFiVE hopefully in a week tops.  Took me like 20 iterations, but im finally happy with Vall's revamped looks, not quite 100% like that planet i saw in a dream 2 months ago that was my initial inspiration to redo Vall, but its not far off from it either...

ykxbUVe.png

ESLFbIh.png

EkeZ9FX.png

2PARs3M.png

Vall looks really nice now imo, only thing i might tweak a teeny bit is the lower layer, but overall very happy with how it came out.

cXsf44G.png

Only other thing im not super happy with is the visual bugs around Duna with regards to scatterer, but its something i guess ill have to live with as i dont develop that mod and even if i had the time to get back into KSP programming, its just too much work for a game that will likely be replaced by KSP 2 to a degree not long from now...

ZM9ZODQ.png

At least the dust storms look amazing as always (i made the new ones a bit more tall to mask the gap at the bottom when at low elevations and overall made them somewhat thinner so it wasnt quite as blinding and suicidal to land in the storms (its still not a smart idea, but a tad less impossible to see 20m away from your craft).  This is with a somewhat tweaked KS3P config, scatterer, modded sunflare as i hate stock scatterer's one, and SciFiVE...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.