[1.12.2]Sci-Fi Visual Enchancements V-1.6 (high performance alt to SVE)

panzer1b

Hey This looks great! Just getting into trying to figure out a get laptop setup. There's a lot of recently out of date stuff out there. That being said, Dropbox has stopped providing pubic links, no more file sharing for dropbox users. :( Your mod is on growing list of unavailable  mods due to dropbox effectively shutting down. May I suggest github and or spacedock that where all the cool kids hang out.

Edited by snkiz
computer crapped mid sentence.

On 3/24/2017 at 3:38 PM, snkiz said:

Hey This looks great! Just getting into trying to figure out a get laptop setup. There's a lot of recently out of date stuff out there. That being said, Dropbox has stopped providing public links, no more file sharing for dropbox users. :( Your mod is on growing list of unavailable  mods due to dropbox effectively shutting down. May I suggest github and or spacedock that where all the cool kids hang out.

What do you mean by "Dropbox has stopped providing public links"? The link in the OP still works, the links I've posted in various forums still work, and other people's dropbox links are all still working so...what's up?

EDIT: I see that the Para-Sci Visual Enhancements link is down but nothing else is

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

On 3/26/2017 at 3:18 AM, TheRagingIrishman said:

What do you mean by "Dropbox has stopped providing public links"? The link in the OP still works, the links I've posted in various forums still work, and other people's dropbox links are all still working so...what's up?

EDIT: I see that the Para-Sci Visual Enhancements link is down but nothing else is

Dorpbox is in the process of getting rid of public folders, I was slightly mistaken. Turns out, f you you were using a public folder you have to convert each file in it to a shareable link to continue sharing. I've seen a bunch of links for various things on Dropbox go dark recently. That's what I get for not RTFA'ing to the end.

BTW, Started a new career with OPM and this with planetshine. Very impressed. I Have an AMD dual core with R2 graphics a 6gb ram (Not even a potato, a turnip.) 75 or so mods (mostly tools, near future.) I wont say its great, but quite playable. Physics still flashes green once and a while. And ya, Kerbin is a little to blue, it kinda washes out the land.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 0:47 AM, MarcAFK said:

Have you got configs for the outer planets? I was just about to start working on those myself.

If you would like to feel free, i have been very busy IRL recently (final year of college) so i havent had as much time to screw around with my modding/gaming.  If you make a release for OPM id be very happy to put a link up on the main page of the mod.

Btw, while its been a while, i have 1.3 version almost 100% done, so you guys can expect that to be released soonish most likely corresponding with teh release of squad's new localized KSP.  I have it working fine on 1.2.9, but given its a beta im not really going to release an official version of this mod on a beta game version, so im just waiting around for that to be released, and for a few more changes i really want to make before i release the mod once i get time after semester is over...

On 4/25/2017 at 0:47 AM, MarcAFK said:

Have you got configs for the outer planets? I was just about to start working on those myself.

Actually I have already started working on configs for OPM and have finished the gas giants as well as an atmosphere for Tekto, glow layers for a couple of bodies and dust layers for slate and thatmo. I apologize for being abrupt but I wouldn't want my work to go towards nothing.

15 hours ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

Hi there, does this work with K-scale 64? it makes the Kerbin system bigger.

No idea, i dont really have as much time on my hands as id like to recently to make this mod work with many other mods, but i dont see why it shouldnt work with rescaling, you just might want to alter the heights of the cloud/atmo layers to correspond to the recaled system.  For example clouds for kerbin are around 5km, since it looks good on kerbin scale, but with rescaled system you might want to increase that to 10+km to make it fit with the new scale.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to have this with volumetric clouds. Is there a way to do it?

On 9.5.2017 at 2:01 AM, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

It does not work. Can you please add support, @panzer1b?

This is not true. I can confirm that it does work! KSP 1.2.2 and latest EVE + This configs pack works just fine!

3 minutes ago, maculator said:

I'd love to have this with volumetric clouds. Is there a way to do it?

I think if you downloaded another EVE cloud config and put it in Game data you could switch and load that one in game via the EVE menu. Not entirely sure though.

Alt+0 brings up the menu by the way.

Spoiler

Psst...it's me Chibbity, from the Steam forums!

After a first seak peak in theconfigs I'm sure I need some particles too. And a thing I tested and wouldn't recommend to anyone is just ticking the volumetric option... it really needs textures and particles I guess otherwise you'll end up with grey blocks^^

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of an interesting (and frustrating) bug.....

I have used scifiVE for the dust effects+clouds on other planets but, used a different cloud texture (from Better Atmospheres) for kerbin. After years of adjusting eve configs, I got an atmospheric color that I liked, but, In a high orbit, everything is okay, scattering (from scifiVE) is there, and so are the amazing clouds from Better Atmospheres. But, when I go into a low orbit, everything is gone, and the stock textures are used (no clouds). any ideas as to why this is happening?, and/or any solutions to the problem? 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, michanst said:

any news of this getting a 1.3 touch? i have always loved and used this mod.

It probably works fine in 1.3 if you use the updated requirement mods. Could you test it out and report back?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

It probably works fine in 1.3 if you use the updated requirement mods. Could you test it out and report back?

I've been using it in 1.3, seems to work fine mostly.

Although maybe I never noticed before but I have like actual 3D clouds I can fly through on Kerbin, I thought this pack only had 2D clouds? I don't remember them being there before.

30 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I've been using it in 1.3, seems to work fine mostly.

Although maybe I never noticed before but I have like actual 3D clouds I can fly through on Kerbin, I thought this pack only had 2D clouds? I don't remember them being there before.

I think they've always been there :)

6 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

So far I have no problems. I'll do some more landings and sky-flying-planes, as what I have been doing lately is going straight up to build the space station. 

edit: now i get to land on land, i get this squares. i didn't get it before as i often landed on ocean upon re entry.

Edited by michanst
update

3 hours ago, michanst said:

So far I have no problems. I'll do some more landings and sky-flying-planes, as what I have been doing lately is going straight up to build the space station. 

edit: now i get to land on land, i get this squares. i didn't get it before as i often landed on ocean upon re entry.

What do you mean by squares? 

Are you talking about the clouds or the terrain?

could you provide screenshots?

4 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

What do you mean by squares? 

Are you talking about the clouds or the terrain?

could you provide screenshots?

3EVpN6i.png

6pmCtNp.png

never had this before 1.3

Edited by michanst
adding another pics

5 hours ago, michanst said:

3EVpN6i.png

6pmCtNp.png

never had this before 1.3

Do you have scatterer installed? 

Because scaterer is actually not compatible with 1.3 and causes the magic floating terrain squares

this problem can be fixed by uninstalling scatterer or downgrading to 1.2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.