[1.12.2]Sci-Fi Visual Enchancements V-1.6 (high performance alt to SVE)

panzer1b

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Update to 1.5!(and change the kerbin cloud map please)

Mod still works in 1.5...

And whats wrong with kerbin clouds?  Im actually quite proud of what i have in this mod currently, good balance of cover and clear skies, no excessive pixelation, and i think my style fits the pack well.

Ohh and if you are looking at the screenies on the front page, NONE of those are from teh latest version of the mod so please dont base your critiques off of those.  Ill update the screenies eventually (every time i tell myself to update it i get distracted by something or just tell myself ill do it next week), but eventually ill get that done right (possibly with the next update as ive made a few very small tweaks on my end which i like better then what is in V1.4).

Edited by panzer1b

3 hours ago, panzer1b said:

Mod still works in 1.5...

And whats wrong with kerbin clouds?  Im actually quite proud of what i have in this mod currently, good balance of cover and clear skies, no excessive pixelation, and i think my style fits the pack well.

Ohh and if you are looking at the screenies on the front page, NONE of those are from teh latest version of the mod so please dont base your critiques off of those.  Ill update the screenies eventually (every time i tell myself to update it i get distracted by something or just tell myself ill do it next week), but eventually ill get that done right (possibly with the next update as ive made a few very small tweaks on my end which i like better then what is in V1.4).

Its a great mod BTW

9 hours ago, BobTheKerbal said:

I'm using 1.4 but it aint' workin

Hi there, I used it with all versions of 1.4.x as they where released one after the other. I'm currently running it on KSP 1.5.0 (haven't updated to 1.5.1 yet) and it works great. If you have problems with this mod running on any version of 1.4.x I would suggest the problem lies elsewhere. Check that you have all the dependencies correctly installed and that you don't have any conflicting mods. I would suggest to make a copy of your KSP folder then in the copy folder, delete all the mods and only load ScifiVE and its dependencies, making sure that it works correctly. Then add your other mods back one at a time or a few at a time (depending how many mods you have) to see which of you're mods might be causing a conflict. Good luck!

On 10/25/2018 at 11:35 AM, Barzon Kerman said:

Is the 'Lite' version up to date with 1.4/5

The "lite" version is deprecated anyways so there is no reason to use it at all (i just kept it for those that wanted to take a look at older versions).

To achieve the lite version using the newest version, download and do not place the 2 folders called ScifiVisualEnchancements_Clouds and ScifiVisualEnchancements_Dust into gamedata.  That gives you the lite version which is purely the planet glowy parts with no clouds and no planet surface dust effects.  I made it this way in version 1.4 so the less technically savy didnt have to go into the mod folders and mess with the configs to disable certain aspects of the mod, just install the correct folders based on what aspects of the mod they wanted to use (say someone never spends much time on the planet surface, you can install _Base and _Clouds and not _Dust to save a few frames by not installing a feature they would rarely if ever notice).

So yeah, in case anyone else wants to know:

ScifiVisualEnchancements_Base:

the required dependency which comes ONLY with the planetary glow layers and nothing else

ScifiVisualEnchancements_Clouds:

only adds clouds to planets where it makes sense to (laythe, kerbin, duna, jool, eve)

ScifiVisualEnchancements_Dust:

adds ground dust effects to many planets, specifically those without atmo, and a few effects to atmo planets like duna dust storms

On 9/16/2018 at 12:12 AM, DfA-DoM said:

If I may ask for some IMHO not so hard work, I would really enjoy have the mod handled on CKAN with proper dependencies like EVE which is already there.

1 hour ago, flart said:

Looks like the dropbox host is going to make this a bit of a mess; they seem to have removed normal permalinks, so I have to download the ZIP and then copy the download URL out of my browser. But that gives a huge ugly URL that I suspect may have session tokens in it; can someone please try this and confirm whether it works? If not then indexing this may require an alternate host.

@panzer1b, is it OK with you if we list this mod in CKAN?

4 hours ago, flart said:

it is working now

Hmm, the validation script is saying this:

886 [1] FATAL CKAN.NetKAN.Program (null) - The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

And I get an error now if I click it. I think that URL has expired. The one thing we must have to index a mod is a URL to download it, and it looks like that isn't available here.

I see that panzer has chosen the MIT license so others could work on this mod; anyone feel like adopting it and hosting it on a different hosting service?

Edited by HebaruSan

On 11/4/2018 at 8:53 PM, HebaruSan said:

@panzer1b, is it OK with you if we list this mod in CKAN?

Hmm, the validation script is saying this:

886 [1] FATAL CKAN.NetKAN.Program (null) - The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

And I get an error now if I click it. I think that URL has expired. The one thing we must have to index a mod is a URL to download it, and it looks like that isn't available here.

I see that panzer has chosen the MIT license so others could work on this mod; anyone feel like adopting it and hosting it on a different hosting service?

You are free to post it on ckan aslong as it doesnt interfere with my ability to make future updates (i may have barely any freetime, but that doesnt mean im done playing KSP or shelved this mod, i just rarely update mods these days as i just cant find the time commitment and honestly cant think of any features to add to this mod that are worth it imo).

Also, i can try to fix the dropbox link, see if this one works for you guys:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egxngln8t0vqgzf/SiFiVE-1.4.zip?dl=0

If not, i can try to upload to another website

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3g1f2o6zewdr6e/SiFiVE-1.4.zip?dl=0

and here is an alterate upload+link, if the 1st dont work try dis one

Also, i dont use MIT liscense (that was purely for EVE which is bundled with my upload and was asked by mod to add it in), i use my own (which basically lets you guys do whatever solong as no monetary useage involved without explicit permissions), so yeah, if anyone else wants to use my mod and make their own versions go for it, solong as im still allowed to update this mod myself when/if i actually make another update to it.

Also updated OP with new link to folder, hopefully works for yall and can end this unable to download mod fiasco...

Edited by panzer1b

28 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

You are free to post it on ckan

Thanks!

aslong as it doesnt interfere with my ability to make future updates (i may have barely any freetime, but that doesnt mean im done playing KSP or shelved this mod, i just rarely update mods these days as i just cant find the time commitment and honestly cant think of any features to add to this mod that are worth it imo).

Sounds good, it won't interfere.

Also, i dont use MIT liscense (that was purely for EVE which is bundled with my upload and was asked by mod to add it in),

Ahh, I missed that. Thanks for the correction.

Also updated OP with new link to folder, hopefully works for yall and can end this unable to download mod fiasco...

Thanks! I think @flart's link will work.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:55 AM, Moofrog said:

Just curious question, how come your mod works without having a BoulderCo folder? I always thought EVE needed a BoulderCo folder? Thanks :) So just drop all three folders next to EVE folder into Gamedata folder, right?

The BoulderCo folder is just the sample configs that come with EVE by default.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.