[1.12.2]Sci-Fi Visual Enchancements V-1.6 (high performance alt to SVE)

panzer1b

14 hours ago, KerbMav said:

If this mod only delivers config files for EVE, it should be compatible still - just use an up-to-date version of EVE from its own mod thread in that case. (Cannot check, the download fails for me.)

@panzer1b I know from the OP that you're not currently offering active support for this mod but can you confirm whether or not this may be true?

On 11/12/2019 at 7:52 AM, Idleness said:

@panzer1b I know from the OP that you're not currently offering active support for this mod but can you confirm whether or not this may be true?

Yeah, its configs, i just bundled EVE itself but the version dont work in 1.8 obviously.

If i ever get the time to bother upfdating this ill add newest EVE to it as well as a few changes ive been working on...

9 hours ago, panzer1b said:

Yeah, its configs, i just bundled EVE itself but the version dont work in 1.8 obviously.

If i ever get the time to bother upfdating this ill add newest EVE to it as well as a few changes ive been working on...

Thanks for the reply.  I actually gave it a go after I grabbed the latest version of EVE and it ran without errors.  The effects were different than I expected though.  In particular, just orbiting Kerbin it was strange that after a certain altitude it becomes a green ball with zero visible surface detail.  The green was also chopped up in concentric circles.  Perhaps the configs need a tweak with 1.8 and the latest EVE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't exactly made it more realistic but i have tweaked some of the configs, most notably changing turning the secondary cloud layer on eve into a sulfur clouds. tested and working in 1.9. download is Here.

[EDIT] 

I have now made a thread for my tweaks HERE.

Edited by Weimaraner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well its been a very long while since i checked up on my mod from ages ago, and while i cant make any promises, i think i might look at updating this a bit as i have a few ideas to try and KSP seems to have improved in preformance enough to at least consider adding a few more optional extras (and probably reenabling things like moho ablation layer, some disabled ground fx like the super thin dust i used to have on the mun but got rid of it as its was super light and didnt stand out enough to justify performance at that time.

Anyways, no promises whatsoever on my end, but i think ill give it a go sooner or later especially with KSP2 likely delayed to at least a year or 2 into the future (and the world falling apart around us in the meantime)...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, ever since i truly got back into KSP nowadays (hyperthreading can go burn for all i care, makes the game lag unmanageably badly), i have a bit of  new vision for this mod, i will still keep the old version around for those that like it, but im 100% dead set on remaking this in the vision of the mod i used to run when i played KSP 0.25 or some ancient version (which was around until the EVE update shortly after 1.0 that killed the old rendering methods), basically found some super old screenies on my HDD and i just have to remake this to that standard!

CiJeXOw.png

What kerbin looked like for me...

CaYnLF3.png

Jool, i might make it a bit different then this, but defenetely alot of dark colors with just some brighter (albeit darker then now) stripes...

y5y1ag1.png

Black side of laythe anyone.  I know it doesnt look like anything anyone would ever see in reality, but it actually makes the planet look like its glowing blackness which is just super cool imo...

2ssXQ6A.png

Old shadow rendering.  Im not going to add this as it looks really janky, but it was essentially a cloned black layer of the same cloud texture set to rotate at the same speed as the main layer.  Rather ingenious actually for such an old mod...

Again, cant promise anything since im not even sure if this sorta epic visuals can even be done anymore with the EVE changes done a bit after 1.0 hit, but im sure as hell going to try to do that as it just has such a nostalgic feel, not to mention its far more scifiy then what i made.  Especially the amazing black glow on the back side of laythe, that alone is just perfect.  i must have my black glow on laythe atmosphere, and ill see what i can do with scatterer to glitch it into glowing black...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/28/2020 at 6:54 AM, panzer1b said:

Well, ever since i truly got back into KSP nowadays (hyperthreading can go burn for all i care, makes the game lag unmanageably badly), i have a bit of  new vision for this mod, i will still keep the old version around for those that like it, but im 100% dead set on remaking this in the vision of the mod i used to run when i played KSP 0.25 or some ancient version (which was around until the EVE update shortly after 1.0 that killed the old rendering methods), basically found some super old screenies on my HDD and i just have to remake this to that standard!

CiJeXOw.png

What kerbin looked like for me...

CaYnLF3.png

Jool, i might make it a bit different then this, but defenetely alot of dark colors with just some brighter (albeit darker then now) stripes...

y5y1ag1.png

Black side of laythe anyone.  I know it doesnt look like anything anyone would ever see in reality, but it actually makes the planet look like its glowing blackness which is just super cool imo...

2ssXQ6A.png

Old shadow rendering.  Im not going to add this as it looks really janky, but it was essentially a cloned black layer of the same cloud texture set to rotate at the same speed as the main layer.  Rather ingenious actually for such an old mod...

Again, cant promise anything since im not even sure if this sorta epic visuals can even be done anymore with the EVE changes done a bit after 1.0 hit, but im sure as hell going to try to do that as it just has such a nostalgic feel, not to mention its far more scifiy then what i made.  Especially the amazing black glow on the back side of laythe, that alone is just perfect.  i must have my black glow on laythe atmosphere, and ill see what i can do with scatterer to glitch it into glowing black...

Any update on how the work on the update is going?:grin:

On 5/19/2021 at 6:14 AM, theleg said:

Actually can't wait for the update. Because my clouds are not present, they emit broken black shadows which are visible but the clouds themselves are not visible. The atmospheric haze effect is not there. it's just a pile of mess. Let me see if updating EVE to the latest release can help.

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2021 at 11:14 PM, theleg said:

As much as id like to, i tried and tried and it cant be done without killing scatterer entirely (and given what scatterer does to sunsets/sunflare/cloud improvements like coloring, im just not willing to ditch it).  Basically nothing i can do with the cloud layers to make them glow black (which is a sad thing, but im limited by EVE/scatterer mechanics).

Ive been insanely busy these last few months so 0 time for KSP dev since my job has a stupid amount of overtime now, and im getting ready to move abroad, so well have to see whether ill get more time when im out of the US for good, but it is what it is, and what little freetime i have right now im just too tired to do any creative stuff :( (short of occasionally making some KSP vessels and play the other games i also have)...

Havent used my acc for ages. Just signed in to say: This is perfect! I'm a minimalist when it comes to mods and I really do like the fact that I can just use clouds and nothing more! Works just fine in KSP 1.12.something!

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.