[1.12.2]Sci-Fi Visual Enchancements V-1.6 (high performance alt to SVE)

panzer1b

1 hour ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Any mod that adds cfg for OPM?

Earlier versions had a configuration file for OPM. But you need to manually rewrite everything yourself, as the structure of the mod has changed. I tried to make this version, but I'm not sure it turned out right. Someone on the forum did too, but the links unfortunately I don't have.

Edited by Sokol_323

1 hour ago, Sokol_323 said:

Earlier versions had a configuration file for OPM. But you need to manually rewrite everything yourself, as the structure of the mod has changed. I tried to make this version, but I'm not sure it turned out right. Someone on the forum did too, but the links unfortunately I don't have.

I did it for Tekto but i cant add anything to Gas Giants(Sarnus-Urlum-Neidon).

18 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

I tried it but it disabled the stock system clouds.

Try this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=179jSkDpTQHAvFM6XR7w44udkhZJ8hJ6f

I don't know how good it is. This is my attempt to change the appearance of the planets in OPM. Write if you see any errors.

Sorry about the wrong link. Here is the right: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bbVTKNdnWN1wdD2zTrCcAyx7gdGmxqD1

Edited by Sokol_323

I started using this cause of my potato computer, now I'm with a decent EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, installed scatterer and tested other EVE configs, and I still prefer this one, the colors and the general feel are way better than anything trying to be realistic.

Any tips to make this mod looks even better will be very welcome :D And if you make versions aimed at better computers, you'll have at least 1 download :)

On 11/30/2018 at 10:20 AM, MaximumThrust said:

I started using this cause of my potato computer, now I'm with a decent EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, installed scatterer and tested other EVE configs, and I still prefer this one, the colors and the general feel are way better than anything trying to be realistic.

Any tips to make this mod looks even better will be very welcome :D And if you make versions aimed at better computers, you'll have at least 1 download :)

I just got my GPU fixed completely so i can actually mess with KSP some, and i can tell you that i am currently doing a few experiments with the mod (and will likely have something released around when 1.6 drops, but no promises :)).  I have no intention of any major performance increase to the mod since my playstyle in KSP involves high part counts and i cannot run too many effects in KSP without making the al;ready bad framerates even worse, but i am trying to make a few quality improvements to this mod to make it look a bit cleaner (and im sortay focused on fixing laythe and redoing moho from ground up since im still dead set on some kind of rainy/foggy thing on laythe to make it look like something akin to that clone planet in SW and i want to make moho's atmo look more like lava/fire/burning cause its so close to the sun).

But yeah, with my very limited free time, it will still be a bit b4 this is released...

On 11/30/2018 at 8:13 PM, Eaten by Black Hole said:

EVE layers disappears while returning Mun

I don't understand what's going on in your game. (Sorry for my poor English).  I have everything working properly, but it is not clear, there are changes from gas giants or not (I think they don't have enough textures, we need more profound changes). And in what version you have this is happening: in the first or in the second? The second option is the standard version of Sci-Fi 1.2, for which there was a patch with a configuration for OPM, which I added and all. It should just work. The first option is my compilation and modified configurations for Sci-Fi version 1.4. There may be errors, because, I'm not a mod developer, but a mod structure in version 1.4. differs from version 1.2.

2 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

I don't understand what's going on in your game. (Sorry for my poor English).  I have everything working properly, but it is not clear, there are changes from gas giants or not (I think they don't have enough textures, we need more profound changes). And in what version you have this is happening: in the first or in the second? The second option is the standard version of Sci-Fi 1.2, for which there was a patch with a configuration for OPM, which I added and all. It should just work. The first option is my compilation and modified configurations for Sci-Fi version 1.4. There may be errors, because, I'm not a mod developer, but a mod structure in version 1.4. differs from version 1.2.

I didnt use OPM configs.

I think there is nothing to dont understand that.While approaching a planet (not a moon) EVE clouds and atmo layers disappears and planet looks stock.If i get closer enough;clouds can be seen normally

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well i have some bad news, my GPU roasted itself, so i wont be able to mod KSP (or play anything but really old games that can run on integrated gfx chip) until i get a new rig (hopefully in a month or so).  I was sorta hoping to release something before christmas, but i still havent finished version 1.6 and cant do squat without new rig.

So yeah, real sorry but u guys will need to be a bit more patient and hopefully ill manage a update in january or so...

• 3 weeks later...

Well got myself a new rig, and i should be back to working on dis mod at least somewhat in 2 weeks or so after ram and a new display arrives (comp shipped with 8gb which is NOT enuff ram for anything but bone stock game), and my old display is just dying not to mention has terrible color gamut which makes it hard to do proper texture work.  At least framerates are solid (still wont handle 2000 parts but ive been able to do a 1000 part vessel without it being that laggy).  Sadly adding any mods makes the game play like garbage cause it starts using a page file on my hdd, which is beyond slow.

rfcbzY0.png

Made a new lander/ship hybrid thing, anyone know what its based on vaguely (i seriously doubt anyone will ever guess what show its from).

WAiRtSH.png

8AMaWDg.png.png

yes that is a kerbal stuck to a claw, i sorta forgot to add enuff seats.

hxxcjmG.png

Why do i suck so badly at making armored vehicles, this one was so damn flippy it rolled over like 12 times in a 5km drive.

FuLlget.png

So yeah, at least i can run ksp though, got sorta bored playing outdated 90s/2000s games which could run on a integrated gpu over the break (although it did give me a really good reason to send 2-6 hours outside every single day).  No visual mods until that blasted ram gets here, so i guess ill have to enjoy KSP purely with regards to shipbuilding, as i really cant get myself to do any long term missions without SciFiVE, Scatterer, and Dirt (for the particles, sunflare, and skybox respectively)...

With a new 1.6 install on my iMac and a little lower texture settings, I'm living large and very happy to have some basic clouds and dust to make thing a bit more real. Loved the subtle mist of Mimmus. Had to remove the glow.cfg which made things less...odd in color.

Looking forward to seeing Duna again for the first time. Thanks very much for all your work on making this mod and keeping it going.

Well im back in action, ram arrived yestreday and i installed it now, working super nicely with no lag, crashing, or page file useage so my performance is extremely solid despite how badly coded KSP is to this day!

i6WMAga.png

ckTl1LN.png

Although it sorta sucks that my old rig roasted itself, at least i now have a vastly superior machine which can handle more parts loaded, not that im gonna stop making "efficient" designs but at least i can afford to make some purely asthetic addons to my fleets occasionally, doesnt care if i enable extras like rocks, max terrain, reentry fx, and most of all runs SciFiVE+Scatter+DiRT with virtually no loss in frames over stock (99% of my issues are now limited entirely to part counts which isnt really going away given how detailed phsyics simulation is in this game).  Give me a few weeks and ill have another slightly improved version available...

gxq1asd.png

Eg6sMYN.png

IX1k1hy.png

On a sidenote, i finally managed to make a ship ive been trying to make for years now but could never succeed for some reason.  Yeah i had to dial down the scale of this thing (cant get a fighter to actually fit inside it cause the hangar is microscopic), but it came out as one of the more pretty and unique looking ships ive ever made.  Should be pretty damn obvious what its based on, even if its not a 100% spot on replica :D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.