Question askers, please mark your questions as answered when they are!

Right now (when writing this post), many people ask questions, (sometimes) read what people answered, and that's it. However, the KSP forum also has a nice utility that allows to mark questions as answered, so that everyone knows which questions are answered and which ones are not. Moreover, when a question is marked as unanswered, it often turns into a general discussion, while it should not - this part of the forum is not meant to be a discussion area. The problem is that only the person who asked a question as well as moderators, can mark a question as answered - and while moderators can always do that, they rarely do so as the person who asked the original question might want to ask some more questions in the same thread. "So, once someone gave me a satisfactory answer, how do I mark the question as answered?" you may ask. Well, all you have to do is click the upwards facing arrow next to an answer (by pressing it, you also select which answer sounds is the one that answers the main question well enough), shown here:

Although anyone can press the button below it, if it is pressed it will only push the answer up on the list if you selected to view answers sorted by vote count.

AnswerMark.png

BTW could a moderator possibly pin this?

//EDIT: I just found out that @Red Iron Crown already told everyone about answer marking of questions, but it looks like most people don't know about it yet.

//EDIT2: Thanks @Red Iron Crown for correcting my image :D

Edited by TheDestroyer111

15 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Whoops, thanks. I'll edit the OP

//EDIT: How did you notice that I clicked the button twice to unmark and mark again the question as answered? You really refreshed the page SO fast? :D And why is this text underlined with dots i think i found a bug in the forum software

Edited by TheDestroyer111

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.