Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1 is live!

UomoCapra

47 minutes ago, snekposter said:

Wow. Pre-order cancelled. 

I didn't see this prepatch, what did it say

Found it on Reddit, seems like a real edge case...

Edited by tg626

Well that was a mild disappointment.

The 'update' button on the KSP launcher is nothing of the sort, merely a link to an instructions page on the KSP website. Which directs me to a nice list of patches for the last three versions of KSP - but they're all for Windows. Not an OS X  patch in sight. I get that Mac gamers are something of a minority (hence the mild disappointment) but really?

Oh well - time to download my 800Mb 'patch'. Appreciate the bugfixes anyway.

Edited by KSK

3 hours ago, politas said:

Hey, Squad, can you ask Steam to launch the 64 bit version of KSP on Linux?

Even better, have a setting to choose which one to launch by default. I always run the 64-bit executable, I have a bunch of quite large and RAM-hungry part mods installed and the 32-bit would crash automatically.

9 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Sneak patch!!

8 hours ago, AVaughan said:

I always copy the game out of steam before installing mods, and then play in this copy outside of steam.  That way any updates won't affect my current game.

I have the Steam version so...How can I do that? I need to do it because always the updates break my game with all the mods installed...

21 minutes ago, KingeOrge said:

I have the Steam version so...How can I do that? I need to do it because always the updates break my game with all the mods installed...

Open Steam client.
Right click KSP and select Properties.
The select the Local Files tab.
Select "Backup Game Files" or
"Browse Local Files" and copy the KSP folder somewhere safe.

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

Open Steam client.
Right click KSP and select Properties.
The select the Local Files tab.
Select "Backup Game Files" or
"Browse Local Files" and copy the KSP folder somewhere safe.

Thank you, I will do for the next time... but do you know if there are any solution to my current savegame?apart for wait the update for the mods? Because I have all the mods 1.2 incompatible with the current 1.2.1 and if I load the savegame probably it will delete all the ships with mods as it happened to me another times... Thanks in advance!

Just now, KingeOrge said:

Thank you, I will do for the next time... but do you know if there are any solution to my current savegame?apart for wait the update for the mods? Because I have all the mods 1.2 incompatible with the current 1.2.1 and if I load the savegame probably it will delete all the ships with mods as it happened to me another times... Thanks in advance!

Backup/copy you "saves" folder - use the above to browse local files in Steam and you should find the saves folder inside the KSP folder.
Then try. A lot of mods should still work with 1.2.1 as it was only a small patch. but if you run into trouble. You always have your backup. :wink:

6 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Backup/copy you "saves" folder - use the above to browse local files in Steam and you should find the saves folder inside the KSP folder.
Then try. A lot of mods should still work with 1.2.1 as it was only a small patch. but if you run into trouble. You always have your backup. :wink:

Okey thanks, but is not there any way to revert the update 1.2.1 to 1.2? isn't it? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, KingeOrge said:

Okey thanks, but is not there any way to revert the update 1.2.1 to 1.2? isn't it? Thanks!

Not if you didn't back it up. Always back up when the new version comes out. Then you will always have that version.

5 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Cutesy to some, but offensive to others, so yeah it got a quick brush

Why not instead solving this in the localization effort, something that KSP Weekly stated has been going on for weeks now? If you're going to wipe/exclude words for their potential offensiveness (including vulgarisms, slang and not-entirely-spelled-the-same variations, like in this particular case) when read in any other language than the one they were written in/targeted for, I bid you good luck with any localization...

14 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Why not instead solving this in the localization effort, something that KSP Weekly stated has been going on for weeks now? If you're going to wipe/exclude words for their potential offensiveness (including vulgarisms, slang and not-entirely-spelled-the-same variations, like in this particular case) when read in any other language than the one they were written in/targeted for, I bid you good luck with any localization...

Am sure that will be part of the localization yes, but if we can not offend some players while keeping the game its lovable self then I'm all for it - thats just my personal opinion btw, not any Squadness to be clear

11 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Am sure that will be part of the localization yes, but if we can not offend some players while keeping the game its lovable self then I'm all for it - thats just my personal opinion btw, not any Squadness to be clear

I know, right.

On an unrelated note, I'm making a wicked cool plane with Big-S and Fat-455 wings.