Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1 is live!

UomoCapra

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

In this particular case the word isn't necessary nor does it add to the function of the part. Why include a word that some find offensive when it adds nothing?

This is the part that I don't get: How does this change negatively affect anyone at all?

I don't think it affects anyone negatively, and I haven't seen anyone say anything like that.  Like I said, it was a knee-jerk reaction on my part to some of the frustrations I have with the combo of hyper-PC-mindedness and global citizenship.  I was never trying to say it shouldn't have been changed, I was just triggered by the word "offensive".  I AM in my own way, fairly ridiculous.

I can't even image how much work it is to create something that is multi-language and get it so that nothing translates badly...

35 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

In general I would agree with you.

But the reality is that the hurt is decided by the receiver.

I don't feel any pain when I kick your shin, you might have another opinion :wink:

I'm hurt by that... :)

See how that works?  This whole "hurt is decided by the receiver" has become a huge problem in society.  I'm not going to walk around on egg-shells because something I say might offend someone.  There is a level of personal responsibility on both sides there.  The "receiver" has a responsibility to not project their own insecurities and sensitivities onto other peoples' words.  You have to consider intent.  If people CHOOSE to be hurt by word that were not intended to hurt them, well, that's their problem.  This very thing is causing a ridiculous breakdown in communication everywhere.

And, I believe I said I would shut-up about this, as this is a KSP thread, not a social commentary thread....   Zipping the lips now.

Man, I have a runaway mouth....

Edited by ninebands

43 minutes ago, TheReadPanda said:

@TriggerAu Just a quick note on the flickering. It seems totally gone with one exception. If you have a scroll bar appear because of the number of parts in a category and you have a large number of parts the scroll bar itself starts flickering like crazy just having the part under control of the mouse in the vab (you pick it up).

The rest of the flicker is gone but this one part still flickers. Not as urgent a fix as the other flicker was but something to note!

PS: I am testing an extreme number of parts just to see if I could break the flicker issue so it is likely magnified in my build.

@RYU AZUKU99

-----

1 minute ago, Azimech said:

Ehm ... Localization ... how many languages? Is every language going to get it's own website/forum? If that's the case, isn't that ... expensive?

localization of the game, not the commuity.

usually most games localized have an english community - simple for keeping things "together" i.e. mods

Edited by Speadge

So, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but:

Since the patch, I have noticed that my FPS has gone up a bit, which makes me very happy.

I have been trying to get KSP setup in a way that gives me enough FPS that when OBS reduces it, I still have decent enough FPS to stream on twitch and not be annoyed by the FPS.

However, KSP also warns me that like 5 mods are incompatible, and I'm wondering if the FPS gain is KSP not loading those mods.

Does anyone know if KSP skips mods that it warns are incompatible?  I'm really hoping I get to keep this FPS gain after the mods are updated.

2 minutes ago, stellargeli said:

However, KSP also warns me that like 5 mods are incompatible, and I'm wondering if the FPS gain is KSP not loading those mods.

Those warnings are not from KSP but from AVC, a mod for checking mod versions. It does not prevent those mods from loading. 

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Those warnings are not from KSP but from AVC, a mod for checking mod versions. It does not prevent those mods from loading. 

Thank you.  As the "incompatible" warning is a separate popup from the other AVC windows, I assumed it was a KSP popup...

So now I have to wait for Kopernicus, New Horizons and all my other mods to update once again before I can play again? Do I lose my saves every time this happens? I have like 50 bases going, do I need to star all over?

21 minutes ago, bozman said:

So now I have to wait for Kopernicus, New Horizons and all my other mods to update once again before I can play again? Do I lose my saves every time this happens? I have like 50 bases going, do I need to star all over?

Most of my mods seem to be working, however Kopernicus definitely is not.  I have Outer Planets Mod, and none of the added planets show up n the tracking station.  Looks like we might have to wait a bit for the modders to make adjustments.

14 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Cutesy to some, but offensive to others, so yeah it got a quick brush, if you can point me to the bug nums for the other ones I can see where they are in the list

Doesn't matter what you do, you are always going to offend someone.  People need to grow up.

24 minutes ago, bozman said:

you could just keep on playing 1.2.0 until your mods are updated for 1.2.1.

it is easy enough to copy your game folder elsewhere and keep as many KSP installs as you want.

And no, usually you dont have to start all over again, as saves usually transfer without much problems between X.X.0 and X.X.1 etc

Thanks for the quick update, great to see the flickering fixed!

Do have one question... in 1.2, I could right click and "autostrut to heaviest part" and it was absolutely brilliant, did it to everything and had super solid and stable ships.  Was playing last night with 1.2.1 and now when I right click I no longer have this option.  Was this changed in the patch or have I been doing it wrong all along?

Thanks!

Just now, be77solo said:

Thanks for the quick update, great to see the flickering fixed!

Do have one question... in 1.2, I could right click and "autostrut to heaviest part" and it was absolutely brilliant, did it to everything and had super solid and stable ships.  Was playing last night with 1.2.1 and now when I right click I no longer have this option.  Was this changed in the patch or have I been doing it wrong all along?

Thanks!

check if "advanced tweakables" is turned on in the options menu

11 hours ago, EBOSHI said:

If it occur in a "no modded" situation, it might be issues of KSP substance. and you can post it to bug tracker.

You have got opportunity to check it. Good luck with you.

Just had a chance to try again with no mods - and yes, still an issue. Posted to the bug tracker.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/13171

18 hours ago, JohnF said:

* Change default eva light binding to not clash with translate left.

Thank you. I gave up on not having to do this myself like 3 years ago :)

I'm trying to figure out why this was done. The default eva light binding (L) didn't interfere with the default eva translation bindings (WASDQE).

Am I missing something here?

Congratulations on the new pc update and patch, so... since the last time anyone has mentioned anything about a ps4 patch was August... When can we get a fix for at least some of the bugs that we deal with? Crashes, corrupt data, menu lockups, the game actually crashing the console, to name a few... I would like to know answers or at least a projected date... I e-mailed the support team 2 weeks ago and no one replied yet... What is your plan, or was it just a snatch and grab on our cash?

1 hour ago, Gianni1122 said:

I'm trying to figure out why this was done. The default eva light binding (L) didn't interfere with the default eva translation bindings (WASDQE).

Am I missing something here?

What you are missing is that this is not about EVA translation bindings. It's about RCS translation bindings. A Kerbal in a command seat is treated as being on EVA. So a Kerbal in a command seat on a hopper with RCS controls has L for lights and L for RCS translation.

6 hours ago, ninebands said:

I don't think it affects anyone negatively, and I haven't seen anyone say anything like that.  Like I said, it was a knee-jerk reaction on my part to some of the frustrations I have with the combo of hyper-PC-mindedness and global citizenship.  I was never trying to say it shouldn't have been changed, I was just triggered by the word "offensive".  I AM in my own way, fairly ridiculous.

I can't even image how much work it is to create something that is multi-language and get it so that nothing translates badly...

In other news, Squad petitions Austrian government to rename this town!!

Edited by tg626

6 hours ago, ninebands said:

I was never trying to say it shouldn't have been changed, I was just triggered by the word "offensive".

Yeah, I wasn't happy with the word "offensive" myself. The point was that KSP is played by 8 year old kids, and the intention was to make it more family-friendly for a wider audience. Not "less offensive", but more family friendly. That phrasing pulls all our triggers less, yes?