Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1 is live!

UomoCapra

3 minutes ago, powerhouse109 said:

because we surprised you with an update.

Why do people keep posting that it was a surprise?  Squad said they were working on some fixes for a 1.2.1 patch in the October 21 KSP Weekly and they announced in the KSP Weekly on Friday that 1.2.1 had been pushed to experimentals sometime during last week.  Maybe the release being this week rather than next was a surprise but we knew it was coming sometime fairly soon...

38 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

This may have caused a visual shadow issue..

The  * Adjust minimum FoV for enhanced mode on Roverbody and NDS to allow more zoom when landed. fix changed what the Kerbnet UI can see using one of those two parts when landed. Its not the FoV with respect to the game camera.

What your seeing there looks like an issue caused by the two camera system that KSP has. Ive always had that when playing.

Just now, TriggerAu said:

The  * Adjust minimum FoV for enhanced mode on Roverbody and NDS to allow more zoom when landed. fix changed what the Kerbnet UI can see using one of those two parts when landed. Its not the FoV with respect to the game camera.

What your seeing there looks like an issue caused by the two camera system that KSP has. Ive always had that when playing.

Thank you for the reply, yes I have just seen that this existed before 1.2.1. :blush:

31 minutes ago, Padishar said:

Why do people keep posting that it was a surprise?  Squad said they were working on some fixes for a 1.2.1 patch in the October 21 KSP Weekly and they announced in the KSP Weekly on Friday that 1.2.1 had been pushed to experimentals sometime during last week.  Maybe the release being this week rather than next was a surprise but we knew it was coming sometime fairly soon...

The majority of us who play now do so through Steam. Through Steam the KSP launcher is skipped so all we see is the Steam news about it which still to this very moment is about the 1.2 launch. We are 100% in the dark about updates like this unless we go out of our way to come to a third party site. To steam players this update was 100% unannounced and it broke the majority of mods which in turn has made my save file non-playable. I'll make a local second copy from now on but I shouldn't have to do this. I have other games on steam that ask me if I want to update before doing so and Microsoft figured out that they needed an option to update before Windows 98 was released.

Edited by jswjimmy
typo

1 hour ago, Jestersage said:

For steam user it is.

KSP is produced by SQUAD, not Valve. So that makes Steam/Valve the "third party" by definition.

Also, this forum software is STILL essentially un-useable on mobile, it took me ~6 minutes of frustration to quote that.

4 hours ago, jswjimmy said:

I have other games on steam that ask me if I want to update before doing so

No you don't. The best you have is games that don't update automatically, just when you want to launch them. And KSP will do that too if you enable the option for it.

Edited by stibbons

2 hours ago, kiwi_kid_nz said:

1.2.1 isn't loading up on my Mac.... Is anyone else having this issue?

It loads but performance seems to have taken a hit (low fps again in VAB and Spaceplane Hangar even with ground crew turned off) and lets give a big hand for the Return of the Incredible Donut Turning Aircraft. And for the Incredible Exploding Wheels. As soon as I rotate for take-off (assuming I can keep the bird driving straight until then), the undercarriage blows up, which tends to put a crimp in your pilot's day. Message in the log - "undercarriage part exploded due to collision with terrain" or words to that effect.

Meh.

Edited by KSK

Just on the Mod front I did a bunch of testing pre and post release and almost all mods are working fine in 1.2.1 . The version checking in mod managers throws messages/errors, but accepting those has been fine for me.

The GeeASL change puts some orbits back, and mods that use that may need a tweak - like Kopernicus, but in the main you should be all good, no need for the previous wait for updates.

* Removed writing from Mk3->Mk2 adapter.

Does this mean... that you removed the "Kurvy" text on the adapter? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo.ooo....o wait that's actually not so bad considering localization (it is very close to a bad word in Polish :P), but still, this text is a fan favorite y u remove it!

* Fix for ladder slide on Mk1 Inline.

Didn't you already fix that in 1.2.0?

* Add new default binding for precision control of "Return" for OSX instead of capslock.

Again, you said you did that in 1.2.0

I've seen one issue, and maybe I'm doing something wrong- my 1.2 game is set up to pay to unlock tech. I copied the settings file, mods, and save file from 1.2 to 1.2.1 and now some tech is locked again. Honestly, I have lots of mods so it could be from that, just checking to see if anyone else has this issue. Anyhow, 1.2 has been awesome since pre-release, great to see it getting honed even more :)

2 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

Does this mean... that you removed the "Kurvy" text on the adapter? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo.ooo....o wait that's actually not so bad considering localization (it is very close to a bad word in Polish :P), but still, this text is a fan favorite y u remove it!

You've answered your own question, but in some other languages it's not close to an inappropriate word, it is an inappropriate word.

13 hours ago, kiwi_kid_nz said:

My game doesn't even load.... the loading bar in the application doesn't move.....

Are you using macOS Sierra? In Sierra, there's a new security measure called AppTranslocate or something. It basically shifts an unsigned app to a temporary folder before executing it. Currently KSP is unsigned. However, if you move or copy the KSP.app executable out of and then back into the KSP folder, it should work fine again.

6 hours ago, hermes47 said:

Are you using macOS Sierra? In Sierra, there's a new security measure called AppTranslocate or something. It basically shifts an unsigned app to a temporary folder before executing it. Currently KSP is unsigned. However, if you move or copy the KSP.app executable out of and then back into the KSP folder, it should work fine again.

Thanks !! Got it all sorted now, cheers mate!

21 hours ago, kiwi_kid_nz said:

My game doesn't even load.... the loading bar in the application doesn't move.....

23 hours ago, KSK said:

It loads but performance seems to have taken a hit (low fps again in VAB and Spaceplane Hangar even with ground crew turned off) and lets give a big hand for the Return of the Incredible Donut Turning Aircraft. And for the Incredible Exploding Wheels. As soon as I rotate for take-off (assuming I can keep the bird driving straight until then), the undercarriage blows up, which tends to put a crimp in your pilot's day. Message in the log - "undercarriage part exploded due to collision with terrain" or words to that effect.

Meh.

I'm running KSP with macOS Sierra on a 2013 MacBook Pro with about 20-30 mods. I've noticed no major performance drops or issues since 1.2.1 released. I did install B9 and BDA last night so I've dropped a few frames lately but that's basically it so far.

@kiwi_kid_nz I have, however, noticed a "hang up" when launching KSP. When the bar reaches about half way on the loading screen, the loading bar will stop for 30-60 seconds then continue. If you haven't done the obvious already, try running a clean game with no mods to narrow the possible problems.

13 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

* Removed writing from Mk3->Mk2 adapter.

* Fix for ladder slide on Mk1 Inline.

Didn't you already fix that in 1.2.0?

* Add new default binding for precision control of "Return" for OSX instead of capslock.

Again, you said you did that in 1.2.0

In order:

• Yes, cause not gameplay affecting, but was an issue for some of the community
  • The Mk2 was fixed in 1.2.0
  • A binding was added for 1.2.0 - the same binding for all platforms. This one is because we changed the default for OSX cause the original one caused issues for many players

On 3.11.2016 at 10:52 AM, TriggerAu said:

Just on the Mod front I did a bunch of testing pre and post release and almost all mods are working fine in 1.2.1 . The version checking in mod managers throws messages/errors, but accepting those has been fine for me.

The GeeASL change puts some orbits back, and mods that use that may need a tweak - like Kopernicus, but in the main you should be all good, no need for the previous wait for updates.

so the flickering lines in kopernicus are really cause of the GeeASL change like thomas assumed?

ok, hope he can fix that then.