Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1 is live!

UomoCapra

Did I miss discussion of this elsewhere in the thread?  On my machine, since 1.2.1 pressing F12 for aero force overlay causes crash to desktop every time.  People in twitch chat all seemed to know about it.  Is it in the bug tracker?

20 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Did I miss discussion of this elsewhere in the thread?  On my machine, since 1.2.1 pressing F12 for aero force overlay causes crash to desktop every time.  People in twitch chat all seemed to know about it.  Is it in the bug tracker?

It's already known by Squad fourfa, don't worry.

Edit:

Until it's fixed if you disable the highligher in flight it will prevent the crashing.

I want to go back to 1.2, but I can't because there's no download on the KSP store page.

The Tracking Station is majorly bugged. Its not listing any of my vessels, even though I can see some of them orbiting Kerbin, and my comsats still have the relay lines. The "Leave Facility" button is not responding.

ugGCb6D.png

1 hour ago, RedDwarfIV said:

I want to go back to 1.2, but I can't because there's no download on the KSP store page.

The Tracking Station is majorly bugged. Its not listing any of my vessels, even though I can see some of them orbiting Kerbin, and my comsats still have the relay lines. The "Leave Facility" button is not responding.

ugGCb6D.png

Crashed into that silver lining, did you? I suggest you file a support ticket.

6 hours ago, RedDwarfIV said:

I've found the buttons (usually on the Main menu) to be buggy in 1.21. Try closing the whole game window then cancelling when KSP asks whether you're sure. That kicks the in-game buttons back to life for me.

16 hours ago, KSK said:

I've found the buttons (usually on the Main menu) to be buggy in 1.21. Try closing the whole game window then cancelling when KSP asks whether you're sure. That kicks the in-game buttons back to life for me.

Just tried this. KSP just closes without asking if I'm sure.

On 11/1/2016 at 8:43 PM, TriggerAu said:

Cutesy to some, but offensive to others, so yeah it got a quick brush,

Gonna bite my tongue, mostly cause this forum censors anyway. This is the bull we get with over sensitive pc entitlement. SJWs have now effectively banned a shape desciptor adjective... That was Kerbalized with a "K". I can't wait for the freaking asteroid... May it land right where I live. :huh:

11 minutes ago, richfiles said:

Gonna bite my tongue, mostly cause this forum censors anyway. This is the bull we get with over sensitive pc entitlement. SJWs have now effectively banned a shape desciptor adjective... That was Kerbalized with a "K". I can't wait for the freaking asteroid... May it land right where I live. :huh:

Was there any reason this should be kept? It might seem minor to you, but if I were playing a game and found an obscene word in my language gratuitously spray painted on a very visible game asset, I'd be upset. If I were a parent and my child were playing such game, I'd be very upset. Now, if I were called a "Social Justice Warrior" because I was asking for the removal of the word, which serves no real purpose but can be pretty offending to some, I'd be infuriated.

Squad did a minor change to their game because they realized something was offending people, and that they could do something about it. I for one always like when people can do something to make something better, and then they go and do it.

If you absolutely want to summon an asteroid at your residence, be my guest. But, until then, let's all please drop this matter, and let's not resort to name-calling.

25 minutes ago, richfiles said:

You realize what the word meant in certain languages, right? It's not exactly something you want your mother to hear coming out of your mouth regardless of your age. And this is a game marketed as "appropriate for all ages..." which it is. So it was kind of a no-brainer to remove it, as it didn't serve a purpose in the game (if the word "launch" meant something bad... well so be it, it's hard to avoid. But this...).

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone explain how mods might be compatible and what changes we could make to see if they're compatible?

This seems like a very minor update to KSP that means that I now need to wait for a couple of weeks for the mod updaters to kick into gear before I can play my current career game again - and possibly will never be recovered..  I don't use a lot of mods - just the USI constellation from RoverDude, Alarm Clock, and FinalFrontier.

All have stopped working -- I've tried GameData/%mod%/mod.version so that the KSP version number matches what I now have - but this doesn't seem to work for the ones I've tried.

I'd really like a way to revert back to what I had before ideally - why is this not an option?

7 minutes ago, bigcalm said:

Could someone explain how mods might be compatible and what changes we could make to see if they're compatible?

This seems like a very minor update to KSP that means that I now need to wait for a couple of weeks for the mod updaters to kick into gear before I can play my current career game again - and possibly will never be recovered..  I don't use a lot of mods - just the USI constellation from RoverDude, Alarm Clock, and FinalFrontier.

All have stopped working -- I've tried GameData/%mod%/mod.version so that the KSP version number matches what I now have - but this doesn't seem to work for the ones I've tried.

I'd really like a way to revert back to what I had before ideally - why is this not an option?

I dont know about the others, but KACs version stuff is set to be 1.2.0->99  - if something is saying that's incompatible in 1.2.1 then do let me know so I can find out who to speak to.

All broken for me after the update:  Kerbal Alarm Clock ; Final Frontier; USI; KIS ; KAS.  That's all of the mods I had installed.  Wait - MechJeb does seem to work but seems to have been deleted off existing craft.

I think I'm just going to have to torrent 1.2.0 from somewhere.  Which is daft - having to torrent a game I've bought.

Edited by bigcalm

1 minute ago, bigcalm said:

All broken for me after the update:  Kerbal Alarm Clock ; Final Frontier; USI; KIS ; KAS.  That's all of the mods I had installed.

I think I'm just going to have to torrent 1.2.0 from somewhere.  Which is daft - having to torrent a game I've bought.

Pop over to the KAC thread and drop me some details on it mate, I'll be working on it today

cause of this: 

Turns out Windows Defender has quarantined a bunch of dll's owned by KSP.  Going to look at where I got the mods from (I thought it was curse but I'll double-check everything).  So the problem is not KSP - apologies.

20 minutes ago, bigcalm said:

Turns out Windows Defender has quarantined a bunch of dll's owned by KSP.  Going to look at where I got the mods from (I thought it was curse but I'll double-check everything).  So the problem is not KSP - apologies.

No Apologies necessary my man, thats what the communities for :)

On 11/1/2016 at 8:43 PM, TriggerAu said:

Cutesy to some, but offensive to others, so yeah it got a quick brush.

Fair enough. I'll admit, I made assumptions. :blush:

On 11/16/2016 at 11:27 AM, Kerbart said:

You realize what the word meant in certain languages, right?

No, I actually did not know that... :/
So yes, I made assumptions, I jumped to conclusions. I literally thought this was some person complaining about the English word "Curvy" (Kerbalized).

It's just that no one on the staff actually explained why it got canned in the actual Devnote. I had to dig down to page three to find the answer, and it still didn't even come from staff

On 11/16/2016 at 11:22 AM, monstah said:

Was there any reason this should be kept? It might seem minor to you, but if I were playing a game and found an obscene word in my language gratuitously spray painted on a very visible game asset, I'd be upset. If I were a parent and my child were playing such game, I'd be very upset. Now, if I were called a "Social Justice Warrior" because I was asking for the removal of the word, which serves no real purpose but can be pretty offending to some, I'd be infuriated.

It seems we were simply not on the same page. Just a simple misunderstanding. As I stated above, my assumptions and your assumptions were based on very different perceptions regarding what each other's levels of information happened to be. You assumed I knew about the word having a potentially obscene or offensive meaning in another language. I did not know this, cause it took three pages of digging to find the answer, buried in the comments. I had originally assumed this was an irrational overreaction to the literal Kerbalized English word "Curvy", which is a mere adjective describing an object with sweeping, non-linear surfaces. There never would have been a complaint if the reason for the removal had been made clear. Hopefully, no harm done. :wink:

My anger was because I honestly thought Squad had become victims of "quit liking what I don't like-ism". Had no idea it was a literal translation gaffe! :o

So yeah... I made an assumption. I have to accept fault for that. Thing is, I've had to deal with some rather... irrational people before, both online and IRL... I've had to put up with people who go out of their way to make trouble over things that are not meant to offend in any way, shape, or form. I actually have to deal with a person like that daily at my job... For the past three years... ;.; That's what I assumed was happening here, and I had my assumption ALL wrong. For that I do apologize. :blush: I certainly made an assumption out of me! :rolleyes:

Now, in regards to the devnote itself... Here's to hoping for moar™ transparency. Being straightforward and honest about why the action was taken would have prevented all of this. You can't assume that everyone follows reddit or twitter or whatever social media thing is out there that people use... I use the Kerbal forums, for Kerbal news, Kerbal... Everything! That's it! If you say in a devnote that you removed something, it's gonna raise questions... That's why I beg of the staff... Please! Answer the questions before they are asked!

Had staff simply stated "Removed writing from Mk3->Mk2 adapter: brought to our attention the word may be an offensive word in another language"... That would have silenced all reasonable complaints over the removal, and would have prevented all this from ever happening.

Thank you.

Should also add, my bad for not reading through 8 pages of comments before I posted the original message... I was on a 15 minute break at work at the time, so I only saw page 1. Sorry! :/

Edited by richfiles