[1.12.x] Smart Parts Continued

linuxgurugamer

I have been trying to use this, but I have found that the resource trigger fails to see the available resource kinds on the ship, even when set to Entire(Whole?) Ship.  It only sees the kinds of resource available on the part it is attached to.  Is this a bug, or intentional?

20 hours ago, Goolash said:

I have been trying to use this, but I have found that the resource trigger fails to see the available resource kinds on the ship, even when set to Entire(Whole?) Ship.  It only sees the kinds of resource available on the part it is attached to.  Is this a bug, or intentional?

Probably a bug.  Please provide details (ie:  resource in question, craft file, etc).  If possible, please have the craft file use as few mods as possible.

I will try to look at this later this evening if you get me the info in time

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, wasmic said:

Very nice to see that this mod is still going strong. I've been absent from the game for several years, and am very happy to see how many of the good old addons are still being maintained.

And well used also. Smart Timer in particular for me remains essential as the only part that can "wake up" my probes on deployment so their flight computer boots up and phones home to begin their mission. Cool to see more of the old-timers stopping by lately...

• 3 months later...

did some quick test on 1.11.2 (tested: alt,EC,drainex,timer,ressource,orbit and speed triggers) everything look nominal.thx linuxgurugamer

edit:BTW i see right now that scott manley made a tutorial from this essential mod .maybe some for the first page

Spoiler

Edited by Burning Kan
scott manley

• 1 month later...

So I found something odd.  When PatchManager has "Add Proximity Sensor" turned on, the three stock reentry modules, KV-1, KV-2, and KV-3, the separator has been triggered when the ship loads on the pad.  This is being triggered on the modules themselves, as setting to disable staging for the built in decoupler prevents it from being decoupled on loading.  I have also put three side decouplers on a test vehicle and put each one in a different stage, so that there is before the module's decoupling stage, one with, and one after.  None of the three stock side decouplers are triggered.

If you work on this on Twitch, let me know I would love to watch!

On 4/23/2021 at 4:08 AM, traisjames said:

So I found something odd.  When PatchManager has "Add Proximity Sensor" turned on, the three stock reentry modules, KV-1, KV-2, and KV-3, the separator has been triggered when the ship loads on the pad.  This is being triggered on the modules themselves, as setting to disable staging for the built in decoupler prevents it from being decoupled on loading.  I have also put three side decouplers on a test vehicle and put each one in a different stage, so that there is before the module's decoupling stage, one with, and one after.  None of the three stock side decouplers are triggered.

If you work on this on Twitch, let me know I would love to watch!

Remind me on Tuesday, but those three modules are problematic in many ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for an acceleration Smart Part.  I would like to decouple some boosters when my rocket shuts off its engine during its gravity turn, so the boosters will drop back close to the KSC instead of following up the core booster to finish the circularization burn.  Is there already a Smart Part that will do this or would this be something new?  I can use the altitude part, but it would not work under all situations and there is the risk of letting go of boosters that are still ignited.

17 hours ago, Probus said:

Looking for an acceleration Smart Part.  I would like to decouple some boosters when my rocket shuts off its engine during its gravity turn, so the boosters will drop back close to the KSC instead of following up the core booster to finish the circularization burn.  Is there already a Smart Part that will do this or would this be something new?  I can use the altitude part, but it would not work under all situations and there is the risk of letting go of boosters that are still ignited.

Maybe use the timer?

17 hours ago, Probus said:

is the SRB Monitor part not doing what you want? If you're not talking about SRBs, there's the Drainex part.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

43 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

is the SRB Monitor part not doing what you want? If you're not talking about SRBs, there's the Drainex part.

Neither. He is using liquid boosters, wants them to decouple as automatically when thrust goes 0, either because of throttle or fuel

Maybe I can set one to altitude and fire off an action group (instead of staging) that shuts down the engines on the boosters and decouples them.  Not perfect if they are still firing to reach apoapsis, but close. 

Edited by Probus

3 hours ago, Probus said:

Maybe I can set one to altitude and fire off an action group (instead of staging) that shuts down the engines on the boosters and decouples them.  Not perfect if they are still firing to reach apoapsis, but close. 

The code is pretty simple, if someone supplies a model (or reskin the existing models for this), I can probably do it in a day or so

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/3/2021 at 10:48 AM, Dakitess said:

Is there a way to use Speed as an input in order to send action to an hinge for instance, so that we can set up Variable Geometry Wings automatically ?

Yes : "toggle hinge". Used here to deploy it at 90°.

ZOzFTZl.png

Is there a way to put an altimeter to an altitude from 1000m to 25km ? either the "meters" slider should go to 25km or the "km" slider should be tunable with a 1km increment... Or the meters slider becomes a 1km increment 25km wide when the present km slider is > 0. It's useless to have a way to trigger at 1001km, but not at 5500m

Edited by Kenny Kerman

19 minutes ago, Kenny Kerman said:

Is there a way to put an altimeter to an altitude from 1000m to 25km ? either the "meters" slider should go to 25km or the "km" slider should be tunable with a 1km increment...

Ummm, I don't understand.  Use the arrows to change the top value of the Kilometer, the single arrow adjusts the top value by 25km, the double arrow  adjusts the top value by 100.

For the Meters, the single arrow adjusts by 25m, the double arrow adjusts by 100m.  

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.