[1.12.x] Smart Parts Continued

linuxgurugamer

On 5/6/2022 at 7:01 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Not planning on that.  Also no sure what it would take to sense daylight

Same thing that tells solar panels whether or not to produce EC. If I remember correctly, there is something called HasSunExposure or something like that.  I'm not a coder per se, but seems like I remember that from my days playing with kOS

Not that big a deal though.  It would be nice but since posting I realized I can accomplish the same thing by monitoring EC levels and switching based on that

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, edusaraiva said:

Anyone knows if there is a way to make smart parts appear in the automation part from Kerbalism? I want to make this work together with NF capacitor and Kerbalism

You should post in the Kerbalism thread

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a couple suggestions for new trigger-type parts, in case there's ever any new dev on this mod:

• G-force trigger. Triggers when hitting the specified G number. BDB Atlas skirt is a good example. This would need 0.1 resolution for the G value.
  • Burn time trigger. Triggers when the remaining burn time hits a specific time-remaining value. The stock staging displays show this value when expanded. This would need one second resolution.

For me these would round out the ability to fully automate launches with complex staging sequences. 

Thanks for considering.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 10:04 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I have a couple suggestions for new trigger-type parts, in case there's ever any new dev on this mod:

• G-force trigger. Triggers when hitting the specified G number. BDB Atlas skirt is a good example. This would need 0.1 resolution for the G value.
  • Burn time trigger. Triggers when the remaining burn time hits a specific time-remaining value. The stock staging displays show this value when expanded. This would need one second resolution.

For me these would round out the ability to fully automate launches with complex staging sequences. 

Thanks for considering.

Not really plannin gon it at this time

• 4 months later...

Are there any known issues where these parts stop working?  I've had several occasions today testing a launch vehicle where the "remaining fuel" trigger does not ever fire at all.  Other times it does work.  I'm having similar issues with mech Jeb ascent autopilot.  Is there any known incompatibility between these two mods?

I scoured the log and didn't see anything remarkable.  Lots of noise and some errors and exceptions from Scatterer and Eve, but nothing that happened in between launch and failure.

5 hours ago, Kurld said:

Are there any known issues where these parts stop working?  I've had several occasions today testing a launch vehicle where the "remaining fuel" trigger does not ever fire at all.  Other times it does work.  I'm having similar issues with mech Jeb ascent autopilot.  Is there any known incompatibility between these two mods?

I scoured the log and didn't see anything remarkable.  Lots of noise and some errors and exceptions from Scatterer and Eve, but nothing that happened in between launch and failure.

Nothing that I'm aware of, would need a log file to see if anything is going on

I'll stipulate to that.  However...

It seems like it always does what I expect the first time I launch.  "Revert to launch" (what I was doing as I was tweaking the smart parts) seems to throw the ascent guidance into a tizzy where it internally creates some really odd profile and tries to follow that instead.   If I revert to VAB, load another craft, revert again and come back with the shuttle... it works again.  Once.  Weird.

I'll report in the MJ thread.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BGYT said:

is this mod compatible with AGX?

Yes.  It's been working for me for several KSP iterations, although I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  Are you thinking you want to trigger a smart part with an action group, or trigger an action group with a smart part?

The latter is built into the smart part PAW and provides many options.   The former is also available but with limited options - you can only enable or disable condition detection using an action group targeting a smart part.

Both i wanna be able to activate a bunch of timers that activate a few action groups at once so that i can scuttle my ships since the actions i have assigned to them do different things

7 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Yes.  It's been working for me for several KSP iterations, although I'm not quite sure what you're asking.  Are you thinking you want to trigger a smart part with an action group, or trigger an action group with a smart part?

The latter is built into the smart part PAW and provides many options.   The former is also available but with limited options - you can only enable or disable condition detection using an action group targeting a smart part.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 08.09.2022 at 17:04, OrbitalManeuvers said:

У меня есть пара предложений по новым деталям триггерного типа, на случай, если в этом моде когда-нибудь появятся новые разработчики:

• Триггер G-force. Срабатывает при нажатии на указанное число G. Хорошим примером является юбка BDB Atlas. Для значения G потребуется разрешение 0,1.
  • Срабатывает триггер времени горения. Срабатывает, когда оставшееся время горения достигает определенного значения оставшегося времени. На дисплеях состояния запасов это значение отображается в развернутом виде. Для этого потребуется разрешение в одну секунду.

На мой взгляд, это позволило бы полностью автоматизировать запуски со сложными промежуточными последовательностями.

Спасибо за рассмотрение.

I don't think it's necessary. To control G, plan your ship more carefully. To control burning time - there is a part of the timer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.