[1.12.x] Smart Parts Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release: 1.9.3

• added the DPLD (Data Packer Loss Detector)

Interesting part description - "Fires an event if the vessel loses or gains Commnet connectivity".

I still heavily use the ALT-Pro on my crew return pods to point the capsule to retrograde, fire off parachutes, jettison the heat shield and extend air bags / floatation devices / landing gear.  All at the appropriate heights.  So thank you for keeping this up to date.

(I could do that with kOS, but I haven't figured that out yet.)

55 minutes ago, WuphonsReach said:

Interesting part description - "Fires an event if the vessel loses or gains Commnet connectivity".

I still heavily use the ALT-Pro on my crew return pods to point the capsule to retrograde, fire off parachutes, jettison the heat shield and extend air bags / floatation devices / landing gear.  All at the appropriate heights.  So thank you for keeping this up to date.

(I could do that with kOS, but I haven't figured that out yet.)

Glad you like it.  I'd appreciate feedback as to how well it's working

Is there a Smart Part to detect less/greater than a specified EC value?  So I have a vessel with 8000 EC of capacity, that is traveling outwards and the solar panels are no longer keeping it above 2000 EC, that it would fire an action group to start up an USI reactor (or fuel cell, or something else)?

6 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

Is there a Smart Part to detect less/greater than a specified EC value?  So I have a vessel with 8000 EC of capacity, that is traveling outwards and the solar panels are no longer keeping it above 2000 EC, that it would fire an action group to start up an USI reactor (or fuel cell, or something else)?

No, but it's a great idea.

Rather than make it specific to EC, I'll write one which will do the following:

• Detect when a specified resource is less than or greater than a specified value
  • Fire action group upon detection

In order to do this, I need two things, looking for a volunteer:

1. First, a name for this, "Resource Pro" for now, but would like a better name
  2. Someone to make a part for this

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this may sound stupid but is the timer missing or something I only see the altimeter two com-net devices and a fuel sensor ??

(edit) Looks like in career mode it' located under the scanning tech tab this seems like it has to be an error i mean ....... its a timer ? it has no sensors or anything that would justify it being at that location in the tree and being such a simple device I would say it should be under flight control or electrics

Edited by Mikeloeven

16 hours ago, Mikeloeven said:

this may sound stupid but is the timer missing or something I only see the altimeter two com-net devices and a fuel sensor ??

(edit) Looks like in career mode it' located under the scanning tech tab this seems like it has to be an error i mean ....... its a timer ? it has no sensors or anything that would justify it being at that location in the tree and being such a simple device I would say it should be under flight control or electrics

Are you running any other mods or tech trees?

Tech Required is scienceTech, and in the Control category.

Reporting CKAN issues. 

Tried updating and CKAN crashes.

Isolated to this mod so attempted to uninstall the outdated 1.9.3 (intending to minutes later install the updated 1.9.4 ). Im getting freezes for just uninstall. Did see one error message related to the "Fuel-Breakers is already absolute"

I did a manual delete of the game directory, CKAN uninstall, then CKAN install. This got it back.

Edited by brygun

On 2/26/2017 at 8:39 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.9.4:

• Replaced stock logging with log class, reducing log spam
  • Added EC Level Detector
  • Added Resource Level Detector

Nice! Now I can add it to my ships/probs to run a fuel cell if the EC gets to low, no more dead probes or kerbals complaining about climate control :D yay!

P.S. Does the data loss part work with remotetech?

Edited by Austinator48

22 hours ago, brygun said:

Reporting CKAN issues. 

Tried updating and CKAN crashes.

Isolated to this mod so attempted to uninstall the outdated 1.9.3 (intending to minutes later install the updated 1.9.4 ). Im getting freezes for just uninstall. Did see one error message related to the "Fuel-Breakers is already absolute"

I did a manual delete of the game directory, CKAN uninstall, then CKAN install. This got it back.

You need to move this over to the CKAN thread, not this one

Hello, I'm quiet a noob at this game but not at programming :) I love your smart parts, they're just a part of the game, even '40s soviet engineers were able to fire actions with an altimeter. But :

- On the altimeter, there should be two bars for the height: one in km, one in meters (with 100m increment), plus an editable field for entering the value manually. Would simplify & enhance the thing. There is no way to trigger an action group around 1500m for now. Or I didn't find it.

- The speedometer has a subquantic precision :D there is nothing like "0 m/s" for him. I guess < 1cm/sec is 0. Or adjustable rounding... Or some smoothing...

- What about a small device for landing struts, firing an event when it senses weight? Or for a chute, whens it sense traction? (For anything when it sense rupture? Maybe just constraints gauges? would do everything? some line-pulling water-expelling space-toilet spare parts would do... :D)

Thanks anyway for what you do, its seems the only way to have an automated drop/chute/deploy sequence.

(also, a local in-flight clock would be fine - I guess it's near some trash around the hangar - so you could fire simultanate events on several vessels)

(also, a multipoint mounting ("cubic") box, a stackable MK0 box and miniaturized smarts parts...?)(and some dumb parts like just actuators...)

(are parts inactive when a vessel is hibernating? could it be? there should then exists an unhibernater: the only unhibernating device - wich could fire events)

(also, a GPS firing an event when at a choosen distance of a 3D waypoint)

(+sorry for my globish english)

1 clic ("start countdown"), 4 launches and 20 deploys, thanks to you :wink: (Warranty void if used in military context)

Edited by Kenny Kerman
precisions

I tried on another test. "Active" is mmh activated by the timer. Maybe the reset should come before the action fire... Plus : at the first test on the 3 it goes on and off, not at the second one. Investigating. These parts should have a main switch, and a part should be a (clicable?) main switch.

Edited by Kenny Kerman

3 minutes ago, danielboro said:

bay pressing the active button wily in count down i think it will stop the  count down

Each {1,2} timer is activated by the other timer. Tried everything :) Try for yourself..? That's not a problem: I put not-blinking red light when launching... But it's a cool test.

Edited by Kenny Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.