[1.12.x] Smart Parts Continued

linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

Hello sir ! Maybe it's the wrong place to say that, so i apologize in advance if i've made a mistake.

I've seen you've got a LOT to do with all the mods you maintain. So, if there are simple, boring and repetitive things to do, maybe i can help ? To be clear, i'm not a modder and don't want to become one. But i've spent 20 years in factories (metallurgy), so i can handle simple, boring and repetitive things ! :cool: No money for patreon or any support, but there are so much efforts given in mods i'm playing with... I'd realy like to do something. Just PM me if you think there's something i can do.

And, of course, thanx a lot fot all you've done for the community.

1 hour ago, WolfAngriff said:

@linuxgurugamer

Hello sir ! Maybe it's the wrong place to say that, so i apologize in advance if i've made a mistake.

I've seen you've got a LOT to do with all the mods you maintain. So, if there are simple, boring and repetitive things to do, maybe i can help ? To be clear, i'm not a modder and don't want to become one. But i've spent 20 years in factories (metallurgy), so i can handle simple, boring and repetitive things ! :cool: No money for patreon or any support, but there are so much efforts given in mods i'm playing with... I'd realy like to do something. Just PM me if you think there's something i can do.

And, of course, thanx a lot fot all you've done for the community.

Well, if you'd like, it always helps to have people testing the mods.  So just keep an eye on my modlist here:  https://goo.gl/KxlgIC

and when you see a mod change color, that will mean it's been updated, so go ahead and play with it.

On 4/10/2018 at 7:16 PM, Burning Kan said:

NO RUSH @linuxgurugamer as fast as you are -you have more than the half of your mods updated

I am RIGHT ? I am RIGHT ? 60? 62?:o

ups thats not more then half(but nearly)

@Darinth is simple ,u can set throttle to actiongroups in 5%steps AFAIK and u got 10 actiongroup-slots

example: AG1 =0%, AG2=30%, AG3=55% and so on...

u dont get a perfect throttlecurve but it very handy for autm landings

-for that u need kOS

94 updated, 40 to go

For KSP 2.0 Squad should implement all of your work into one single performant* native core element - when Unity also managed it to make rigid bodies physics use the GPU physics acceleration as it's meant for ...
(you could do that for them :rep:)
*"The hilarious 2.0 goal"

jo4j0gE.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, goblinsrus4 said:

absolutely love this mod is there a way though of integrating the radio gaga into all command pods and probes  maybe proximity as well (also eva kerbals)

I don’t understand.  Radio gaga?

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don’t understand.  Radio gaga?

the radio remote control any way i done it i added the radio to all pods

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = RadioControl
        group = 0
        rcv_sound = SmartParts/Sounds/buzz
    }

{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = ProxSensor
        group = 0
    }

}

1 hour ago, goblinsrus4 said:

the radio remote control any way i done it i added the radio to all pods

{
    MODULE
    {
        name = RadioControl
        group = 0
    }

{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = ProxSensor
        group = 0
    }

}

Glad you figured it out.  I understand the logic behind the RadioControl, since ModuleCommand modules are already a computer and a radio.  But the Proximity sensor really should be separate, since it requires extra hardware to do the detection.

I'm going to add these as optional patches in the next release (real soon now)

(I _did_ say "real soon now"):

New release, 1.9.10

• Updated .version file for all of 1.4
  • Added two optional patches to be used with PatchManager
    • Add the RadioControl remote control module to all command modules
    • Add the Proximity Sensor to all command modules

Hi! Thanks for your huge work here! I would like make a few feature requests for future releases:

- Add possibility to add multiple value-action group pairs. For example to drop fairings at 60km and deploy panels an antennas at 68. This eliminates the necessity to spam parts for any chain of sequences actions that have same trigger nature (ie altitude).

- for fuel trigger add possibility to break the rule of attachment- allow choosing what tank to be monitored without necessity to attach part exactly to that tank (I try to design rockets with separate service section,  just like real ones, and it would be great to be able to concentrate all the control logic there). Maybe this maybe done as an upgrade to existing part and be unlocked somewhere farther in tech tree, like adv.unmanned.

-  abort activator on G-force/catastrophic failure event (but it's already been discussed in automatic abort thread)

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Lan_Morehell said:

abort activator on G-force/catastrophic failure event (but it's already been discussed in automatic abort thread)

I've PM'd the author of that automatic abort mod.  

The other stuff isn't going to happen.  Not really worth it, the number of parts is small, and the work involved isn't trivial 

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer

I found weirdness:

1. there is no sound file "buzz" in the Sounds folder, it's empty / not existing anymore in newer downloads.

2. either it's some file encoding issue or PatchManager is broken, in ModuleManager.ConfigCache I just found this on each part where it was applied:

��
		{
			  = ProxSensor
			  = 0
		}
		��
		{
			  = RadioControl
			  = 0
			  = SmartParts/Sounds/buzz
		}

The patches in PatchManager\ActiveMMPatches\ look like this:

Smart_Parts_SM_MM_Prox4All.cfg

{    
    MODULE
    {
        name = ProxSensor
        group = 0
    }
} 

Smart_Parts_SM_MM_Radio4All.cfg

{
    MODULE
    {
        name = RadioControl
        group = 0
    }
} 

It should be okay then ...

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

Well, by removing these weird characters and saving it then as UTF-8 I solved the problem, MM cache now shows MODULE instead of ��

First, i found the missing sounds, will be in the next release.

But, regarding the UTF-8 chars, I've been able to replicate the problem

New release, 1.9.11

• Fixed bad characters in patch files
  • Added missing sound files
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

How about a part that could trigger off Apopasis or Periapsis?   I'm thinking of liftoff where you could dump your lifter whenever the Periapsis went >0 

I was going to use the Speed trigger to get the same effect, but it won't let you set a speed greater than 1000.

10 hours ago, eberkain said:

How about a part that could trigger off Apopasis or Periapsis?   I'm thinking of liftoff where you could dump your lifter whenever the Periapsis went >0 

I was going to use the Speed trigger to get the same effect, but it won't let you set a speed greater than 1000.

Not going to happen, its been asked for before.

That is too much of an autopilot function, IMHO, and is outside the scope of this mod

40 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Is the Thrust Limiter % a tweakable that these parts could interact with upon activation? For example, when a smart part triggers, it could change an engine's thrust limit % from X% to Y%.

It is possible, but not at the present time.  Also, that is getting more into the realm of an autopilot, which I'm avoiding.

edit: Before I rule this out, can you explain what it is you are looking  for?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Basically you would set a smart part to link to an engine(s) on a stage and set the smart part to change their thrust limit setting (tweakable setting) to a specified amount on the smart part activation. 

I was actually thinking how I could do this in game as I wanted my main core engine to be thrust limited upon ascent whilst my SRBs were firing but then upon SRB separation I wanted my main core engine to ramp back up to 100% thrust limit immediately. There was no way to really activate this "smart" process but I thought, "ah, that's exactly the kind of smart staging activation thing that the mod 'Smart Parts' might be able to do". That's essentially why I've asked about it as I thought it would be very in-keeping with what this mod tries to achieve; smart, logical processes firing upon conditional activation.

Edited by Poodmund
Mobile derpiness

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.