[1.12.x] Smart Parts Continued

linuxgurugamer

28 minutes ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

I don't know about his version, but the things I mentioned afterwards are for 1.8.0.2686

Please stop reporting problems when running on 1.8 for mods which have not been updated to 1.8.

I saw @Lisias's message, will look into this when I get to this mod

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Until the moment, I tracked down the faulty Widgets to be UI_ScaleEdit and UI_FloatRange . The pattern appears to be widgets handling Float values.

There are more? We are already deep buried on the mess, we can do some pro-active bug hunting and provide the guys a full report.

I gone Combinatorial Analysis on the thing, including compiling TweakScale with .NET 3.5 but against Unity 2019 Libraries, and the thing still works on KSP 1.7, but still borks on KSP 1.8.

Check the bug tracker, make sure this is reported.  They are already working on 1.8.1, I don't want to do any workarounds if it will be fixed in 1.8.1, so I'm just going to wait for that

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please stop reporting problems when running on 1.8 for mods which have not been updated to 1.8.

I saw @Lisias's message, will look into this when I get to this mod

Well, I replied to @VoidSquid and @Lisias replied to me...

Just trying to help get two birds with one stone. Because other mods have the same UI issue, and you being relatively the most experienced one amongst them, I thought If you happen to be able to fix it, perhaps other modders could benefit from your solution too...

Sorry if I bothered you with my input.

Please understand that I have over 200 mods to update.  Getting reports for a mod not updated is a distraction, because I have no way to know if it is a mod problem by itself, with 1.8, etc.  In this case, it does sound like its a bug in the game, but if I looked at every report about an issue, I’d end up not getting anything done.

The best thing that can be done, for any mod, not just mine, is to wait for a 1.8 version to be released before reporting issues.  That way the modder can concentrate on getting the updates done.

I didn’t mean to be rude, it’s late at night and I’m more than a bit tired, so I apologize if I came across that way.

3 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

I think most of them are broken.

I'm still playing 1.7.3, not 1.8, too many bugs (as expected), reminds me of 1.4.x, plus most of my precious mods aren't updated yet (expected as well). My game runs fine, I don't feel the need to join the 1.8 bandwagon yet.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I saw @Lisias's message

Saw that as well, and I wouldn't have reported this minor inconvenience if I'd play 1.8. Installed mod version is 1.9.13.8 which is according to CKAN good for KSP 1.7.3 (which I'm still playing and will continue for a good while, if not forever), not 1.8.

Yes, I should have reported version numbers along, but after deciding for myself to stay with 1.7.3, all that 1.8 hype train went out of my attention.

11 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

I'm still playing 1.7.3, not 1.8, too many bugs (as expected), reminds me of 1.4.x, plus most of my precious mods aren't updated yet (expected as well). My game runs fine, I don't feel the need to join the 1.8 bandwagon yet.

Saw that as well, and I wouldn't have reported this minor inconvenience if I'd play 1.8. Installed mod version is 1.9.13.8 which is according to CKAN good for KSP 1.7.3 (which I'm still playing and will continue for a good while, if not forever), not 1.8.

Yes, I should have reported version numbers along, but after deciding for myself to stay with 1.7.3, all that 1.8 hype train went out of my attention.

Ill take a look at it before doing the 1.8 upgrade.

what sort of resolution are you running, and did you change any of the scaling things?

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

what sort of resolution are you running

1920 x 1200

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

did you change any of the scaling things?

Nope. Again: it's a minor inconvenience, a mouse, not an elephant, just thought to let you know, that's all :) 

Edited by VoidSquid

15 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

Confirmed, wrapping problem is gone (atm using a 1920x1080 screen, will check later with my own 192x1200 monitor, but the issue was present with the 19220x1080 one too).

Thanks, @linuxgurugamer, that was pretty fast, I hope you did not invest too much time for this little mouse :) 

No, this was simple as soon as I knew it was for 1.7.3

1.8 will be in a while, when I get to it in the queue

• 2 weeks later...

Does Smart Parts work when the vessel isn't in focus/switched to? 

I'm trying to use them to ride through the nights, so discharge when EC gets low, prevent charging until morning, but I'm having trouble figuring it out, and I can't tell if it's an issue with my implementation or that I'm not watching the craft. 

Thanks. 

And thanks for the quick update to 1.8, getting closer to being able to move there. 

9 hours ago, Kchinger said:

Does Smart Parts work when the vessel isn't in focus/switched to? 

I'm trying to use them to ride through the nights, so discharge when EC gets low, prevent charging until morning, but I'm having trouble figuring it out, and I can't tell if it's an issue with my implementation or that I'm not watching the craft. 

Thanks. 

And thanks for the quick update to 1.8, getting closer to being able to move there. 

No, they don't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that the SRB Monitor never works for me. TWR even going down to 0.45 at SRB burnout and staging does not happen. Stock fuels.

There is nothing in the log about "SmartSRB" or "km_smart_srb" or "SRB Monitor" besides the normal loading and initializing and part compiling stuff.

• 1 month later...

Hey there, @linuxgurugamer, nothing very important at all, but if you don't mind, I'd like to make a couple of suggestions:

For this mod, in my opinion, the part weight is way too high, 50kg for a small box of electronics and sensors seems not be reasonable, I changed my local config files to 5kg. I mean, take for example the Altimeter part: my usage here is stage parachutes automatically. Convenience then. That worth 50kg extra weight?

My old and beloved K2 command pod, way too expensive imo. Stock Mk1 is 600, Mk2 2800, so I adjusted the costs to 1200, sounds more reasonable to me, what do you think?

About the Rover Missions contract pack, balancing: my default rover, even w/o the launch rocket, already costs some 70k. What would be my motivation then to send a rover to any CB if the reward is 25k? Plus: the contract pack suggests I do perform several kerbaled mission (probably because my rover has two external seats) - bringing any Kerbals there already costs way more than I'd gain from that mission.

What else? The usual Big Thank You for all those great mods, of course! :) 

Edited by VoidSquid

• 2 months later...

New release, 1.9.15

• Thanks to user @Jsofor these changes
    • Add SmartOrbit part. Works like the altitude part, but for Ap/Pe.
    • Smart SRB:
      • Simplify code.
      • Support the Armed/Disarmed toggle.
      • Add an indicator light when triggered.
      • Detect flameouts. Previously if the TWR never dropped below the target before flameout the part would not trigger.
      • Added Trigger on Flameout toggle if the old behavior is desired.
      • Lower logging level.

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 1.9.16

• Added optional EmbeddedSmartSRB module, use PatchManager to enable it
  • Thanks to user @jsolson for these changes:
    • Cleaned up and merged code for the SmartSRB and EmbeddedSmartSRB, now 
    • SmartSRB and EmbeddedSmartSRB are in a single file.
    • Use a common base class for both.
  • Added check for enabled to the onEngineActiveChange
  • Added setting isEnabled to false if not available in the Awake()

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.