[1.12.x] Smart Parts Continued

linuxgurugamer

26 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I should note that my idea of 'extra range as an upgrade' I really mean less range: You start with fairly close, and upgrade to full 2km.

Oh, that makes more sense.  But it wouldn't really need a new part, just additional range depending on the level of the tech tree.

I've added this to the issues on github

22 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

By the way here's an idea for a new part. Since we have CommNet now, there may be a part which gets triggered with the events of connecting or disconnecting from the server. As long as the vessel has enough energy of course.

nice.  Added to issues on github.

Anyone up to making a part for this?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

yeah looks like the textures are actually materials in the model? you could clear all that out and use fstextureswitch or something similiar? 

so you are designing and testing the action groups and then trying to assign a controller to them right? i try to keep things really simple tank drains to 15percent stage using action group 4

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:10 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Anyone up to making a part for this?

I can throw something together this evening, a discrete part in keeping with the others of this mod if you like? Although I suspect it would greatly from having a controllable emissive (think IndicatorLights, but tied into whatever code is required to show the part is connected/disconnected from the server).

8 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

I can throw something together this evening, a discrete part in keeping with the others of this mod if you like? Although I suspect it would greatly from having a controllable emissive (think IndicatorLights, but tied into whatever code is required to show the part is connected/disconnected from the server).

That would be great.  Emissives are good too, just get me the model and textures, and tell me what the name of the emissive is.

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
6 hours ago, santiagokof said:

Someone else is having difficulties using this mod with agm? In my case the group actions are not activated

AGM?  Please post a log file

And can you please be a little more specific?  For example, can you select an action group with the part and it isn't being activated?

On 29/11/2016 at 5:36 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

And can you please be a little more specific?  For example, can you select an action group with the part and it isn't being activated?

On 1/12/2016 at 11:18 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I just tested the latest build with AGM, it looks fine.

2lxjqbq.jpg

latest ver of agm and sp.

23 minutes ago, santiagokof said:

Well, thanks for the log file.

I wonder, did you look at it?

Lots and lots of exceptions, in almost everything you have except Smart Parts.  Very specifically, your AGX problem is probably related to the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXOtherVessel.LoadGuiNames (System.String loadNames) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXOtherVessel..ctor (UInt32 FlightID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGExtExternal.AGX2VslToggleGroup (UInt32 FlightID, Int32 group) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.MonoType.InvokeMember (System.String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object target, System.Object[] args, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.String[] namedParameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Type.InvokeMember (System.String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object target, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Lib.AGXInterface.AGX2VslToggleGroup (UInt32 FlightID, Int32 group) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Lib.Helper.fireEvent (.Part p, Int32 eventID, Int32 AGXgroup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Lib.RadioControl.receiveCommand (Lib.RadioControl sender, Int32 group, Int32 transmitChannel, Int32 agxGroup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Lib.RadioControl.transmitCommand (Single groupID, Single agxGroupNumB) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Lib.RadioControl.transmit_GUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Lots and lots of exceptions, in almost everything you have except Smart Parts.  Very specifically, your AGX problem is probably related to the following error:

at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXOtherVessel.LoadGuiNames (System.String loadNames) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXOtherVessel..ctor (UInt32 FlightID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionGroupsExtended.AGExtExternal.AGX2VslToggleGroup (UInt32 FlightID, Int32 group) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
  at System.MonoType.InvokeMember (System.String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object target, System.Object[] args, System.Reflection.ParameterModifier[] modifiers, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.String[] namedParameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Type.InvokeMember (System.String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object target, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Lib.AGXInterface.AGX2VslToggleGroup (UInt32 FlightID, Int32 group) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Lib.Helper.fireEvent (.Part p, Int32 eventID, Int32 AGXgroup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Lib.RadioControl.receiveCommand (Lib.RadioControl sender, Int32 group, Int32 transmitChannel, Int32 agxGroup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Lib.RadioControl.transmitCommand (Single groupID, Single agxGroupNumB) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)

Thanks for the answer, although I do not know how to solve this problem. I'll have to stop using the mod until I know what to do with this. Thank you again.

On 3/12/2016 at 8:21 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks for the answer, although I do not know how to solve this problem. I'll have to stop using the mod until I know what to do with this. Thank you again.

the fix for that problem, i leave it here for other people with the same prob.

I leave you an idea for a possible optimization of the mod.

*Would it be possible to change the button transmit by one that opens a pop up with the list of actions groups available in the other vessel? Could, if the AGM is installed, retrieve the tags assigned to each AG?

*As a consistent idea, it would be great if sending and / or receiving a signal displayed a "Received, Running X Task" and "Incoming Transmission, Running X Task" onscreen legend. It would look great lol.

7 hours ago, santiagokof said:

I leave you an idea for a possible optimization of the mod.

*Would it be possible to change the button transmit by one that opens a pop up with the list of actions groups available in the other vessel? Could, if the AGM is installed, retrieve the tags assigned to each AG?

*As a consistent idea, it would be great if sending and / or receiving a signal displayed a "Received, Running X Task" and "Incoming Transmission, Running X Task" onscreen legend. It would look great lol.

That's not an optimization, it's a pretty sizable addition.

30 minutes ago, santiagokof said:

and very nice one xD

Think about it, That's worth it.

Worth it for who?  Right now, not for me, since I have to code and test it.  Dealing with ships which aren't the active ship is a real PITA, and for now, I'll pass.

Maybe later, but not now.  Especially since I need to verify that all my mods still work in 1.2.2

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Worth it for who?  Right now, not for me, since I have to code and test it.  Dealing with ships which aren't the active ship is a real PITA, and for now, I'll pass.

Maybe later, but not now.  Especially since I need to verify that all my mods still work in 1.2.2

It's true, I was selfish from that point of view. I hope to see more great things about you in the game. Fight!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.