[1.12.x] Smart Parts Continued

linuxgurugamer

Hi!

Apparently the "match heading" function makes the other vessel I'm controlling remotely not to change it's heading to mine in a smooth fashion, but in small jumps like if it was lagging. According to videos, it should be a smooth movement, so something must be wrong. I've tried a few things like disabling the SAS on the other vessel or making sure it has the capability to change it's heading (more reaction wheels, rcs) but nothing worked.

Any ideas? I don't have anything else installed with any kind of remote control function (Burn together, MechJeb).

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 4:34 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.9.8:

• Updated for KSP 1.3.1
Spoiler

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AGExt, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Getting this when picking up part in VAB/SPH and when vessel loads on to the launch pad, other than that everything works ok (tested each part, no problems)

The message appears only once in VAB/SPH , if the part is discarded and then selected again, no message.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylx1qwjwc7bnz70/KSP-SP.rar?dl=0

15 minutes ago, dtoxic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: AGExt, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Getting this when picking up part in VAB/SPH and when vessel loads on to the launch pad, other than that everything works ok (tested each part, no problems)

The message appears only once in VAB/SPH , if the part is discarded and then selected again, no message.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylx1qwjwc7bnz70/KSP-SP.rar?dl=0

Ignore it.  It is looking for Action Groups Extended

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

Doesn't work for me anymore...

At least the fuel switch doesn't work, I've placed it on a stock "FUEL" tank and it's supposed to trigger Action Group 1, but all it does is turn red, and then switch the switch to "OFF", it doesn't stage.

This is like taking your car to the mechanic and saying "It doesn't work" and then leaving.  In other words, useless.

At the very least, a log file is needed.  May be helpful to have the craft file and the save file, but let's start with the log file (see my sig for details)

actually its worse, as in if the mechanic  has the car he can have a look and test it
he didnt even bring the car :)

p.s.

17 hours ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

supposed to trigger Action Group 1

17 hours ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

it doesn't stage.

source of problem or bad writing?

I'm not going to apologize to you for not being a coding or technical guru... just because I don't have the same amount of knowledge doesn't "ENTITLE" you to free shots at someone else's character.

How do I pull these logs you need? Trying to find the Unity folder, is it named something else now? (yes all of my folders are viewable)

Best wishes!

Edited by bigbadvoodoodady_1

1 hour ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

I'm not going to apologize to you for not being a coding or technical guru... just because I don't have the same amount of knowledge doesn't "ENTITLE" you to free shots at someone else's character.

How do I pull these logs you need? Trying to find the Unity folder, is it named something else now? (yes all of my folders are viewable)

Best wishes!

I spend a lot of time writing and supporting mods for KSP.  After a while, it gets tiring to say the same the over and over.

I was trying to give you an idea of what you asked.  The other post wasnt mine, and IMHO did go too far.

But, look at what you asked. Other than saying it wasnt working, there was no other information. KSP version, mod version, other mods installed; nothing.  If that had been provided, then it would have improved the response.

please accept my apologies.

Instructions for finding the log files are in my signature. But, to make it easy, here it is:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Edited by linuxgurugamer

8 hours ago, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

Best wishes!

i apologize  for the remark i added

and back to the problem
you wrote

On 12/10/2017 at 9:55 PM, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

trigger Action Group 1.....it doesn't stage

did you write it wrong
AG1 and stage are not the same thing and AFAIK AG cant trigger stage

On 12/10/2017 at 2:55 PM, bigbadvoodoodady_1 said:

Doesn't work for me anymore...

At least the fuel switch doesn't work, I've placed it on a stock "FUEL" tank and it's supposed to trigger Action Group 1, but all it does is turn red, and then switch the switch to "OFF", it doesn't stage.

We are waiting for the answers to our questions so that we can help you

• 2 weeks later...

Any known conflicts?  Been struggling with performance on a 100 part vessel and finally figured it was from nre spam in flight.  ZYrTrV7.png

The full ship has 2 EC detectors, 2 Altimeter detectors, and i think 4 resource detectors.  The error seems to be thrown by every detector, I tried taking the parts off one by one and they all seem to be throwing the same error.  Launching with no smart parts fixes it, but I am having fun with them.  So far I am unable to reproduce in my modded game using just stock parts.  Still investigating, will post more when I figure out how to reproduce it.  log file

EDIT:  Ok, so I figured it was a mod conflict since I cant reproduce it, so I started stripping parts off my probe until I was just left with a fuel tank and the smart parts.  Still doing it.  The fuel tank was RLA, so I put in a stock tank, swapped root, moved the smart parts over, and yep, still doing it.  

Found it, whoop, I'm bad.   Easy to reproduce.  Create new vessel, put on an EC detector and have it activate action group 1.  Go to action group one and have it set to activate the same detector that would trigger it.  Bam.    KNVNLBc.png

Yeah, I had my parts mixed up when I was setting up my probe.  The idea was to use two EC detectors to switch on and off the small derp fuel cell as an emergency backup power source if I ever go to the probe and its dead for some reason.  The EC detectors only seemed to trigger once and don't have the auto reset option like some of other smart parts so I decided to have each action group turn the other detector  back on and got them mixed up, with everything setup properly it does work.  

Edited by eberkain

On 12/31/2017 at 8:53 AM, eberkain said:

Any known conflicts?  Been struggling with performance on a 100 part vessel and finally figured it was from nre spam in flight.  ZYrTrV7.png

The full ship has 2 EC detectors, 2 Altimeter detectors, and i think 4 resource detectors.  The error seems to be thrown by every detector, I tried taking the parts off one by one and they all seem to be throwing the same error.  Launching with no smart parts fixes it, but I am having fun with them.  So far I am unable to reproduce in my modded game using just stock parts.  Still investigating, will post more when I figure out how to reproduce it.  log file

EDIT:  Ok, so I figured it was a mod conflict since I cant reproduce it, so I started stripping parts off my probe until I was just left with a fuel tank and the smart parts.  Still doing it.  The fuel tank was RLA, so I put in a stock tank, swapped root, moved the smart parts over, and yep, still doing it.  

Found it, whoop, I'm bad.   Easy to reproduce.  Create new vessel, put on an EC detector and have it activate action group 1.  Go to action group one and have it set to activate the same detector that would trigger it.  Bam.    KNVNLBc.png

Yeah, I had my parts mixed up when I was setting up my probe.  The idea was to use two EC detectors to switch on and off the small derp fuel cell as an emergency backup power source if I ever go to the probe and its dead for some reason.  The EC detectors only seemed to trigger once and don't have the auto reset option like some of other smart parts so I decided to have each action group turn the other detector  back on and got them mixed up, with everything setup properly it does work.  

I dont follow, can you make a small test vessel for me?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Are the Valves supposed to empty the whole vessel (not just the part they're attached to) of the resource that's in the part they're attached to? Do I have to manually block the flow between the drained part and the rest of the ship?

Log, test rig:

RFFHcZD.png

Any advice is appreciated :)

5 hours ago, LEGIONBOSS said:

Hi!

Are the Valves supposed to empty the whole vessel (not just the part they're attached to) of the resource that's in the part they're attached to? Do I have to manually block the flow between the drained part and the rest of the ship?

Any advice is appreciated :)

I'd expect that they would drain all resources in the current stage at a minimum? (without looking at the code, that is)

(I only use the valves just before touchdown back on Kerbin to reduce the mass and lower the speed of descent under the parachutes.)

22 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

I'd expect that they would drain all resources in the current stage at a minimum? (without looking at the code, that is)

(I only use the valves just before touchdown back on Kerbin to reduce the mass and lower the speed of descent under the parachutes.)

I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure it's only the part attached to. 

The code only pulls resources from the part.  If KSP decides to move resources on it's own, I can't do anything about that

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 11:54 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure it's only the part attached to. 

The code only pulls resources from the part.  If KSP decides to move resources on it's own, I can't do anything about that

The valves are draining resources from the entire ship for me as well.  Obeys fuel priority, as if an engine was burning.  After a re-entry failing from my re-entry tanks being emptied without me realizing, I loaded the shuttle on the launch pad and the valve on the shuttle dumped all the tanks and the main external fuel tank.  Tested it with just Smart Parts installed, still does it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.