SLS rocket challenge

Hey, here's an idea make a SLS rocket that cam perform EM-1 and EM-2

ALL STOCK!

must have be able to get orbit to be able to be qualified. Must have launch abort system.

EM-1 rules: Must be unmanned. Must gravity assist around the Mün to perform reentry. MUST SURVIVE REENTRY.

EM-2 rules: Must be manned. Must be able to intercept an asteroid and return with what would be a sample so strand a kerbal on the asteroid you want to intercept and pick the kerbal up and put them in a chair in a 2.5 meter service bay. No kerbals can die. Must survive reentry

Edited by eagle92lightning

Could you try thinking of some more rules for this challenge to make it a bit more unique? It's incredibly easy to make an SLS rocket - you literally just strap a mammoth to a couple of 3.25m tanks, an adapter, an upper stage and an upper stage. 

14 hours ago, eagle92lightning said:

Must gravity turn around the Mün to perform reentry

So basically you want a free-return trajectory?

Also, currently my rocket's center of mass is way to low so it flips on gravity turn. I'm currently working on this and there will be more pictures soon.

UPDATE: Rocket flipping has been fixed! Took it out for a *spin* (no pun intended) and flies great, plenty of delta-v for a Munar Injection, unfortunately no pictures, as it was just a test run.

Edited by Munbro Kerman

10 hours ago, Munbro Kerman said:

So basically you want a free-return trajectory?

Also, currently my rocket's center of mass is way to low so it flips on gravity turn. I'm currently working on this and there will be more pictures soon.

UPDATE: Rocket flipping has been fixed! Took it out for a *spin* (no pun intended) and flies great, plenty of delta-v for a Munar Injection, unfortunately no pictures, as it was just a test run.

I meant gravity assist whoops gotta fix thar

1 hour ago, KerbalKid said:

I've actually worked on an Ares replica & Orion Replica

complete with staged parachutes! :D

hAExXFl.pngj5VgxUa.pngHFlI8iq.pngH9qNDZR.pngoWDCn0t.png1KyfCOH.png8pMJ780.pngK7bjqtX.pngcAhuKYB.png

did you get into orbit with this rocket?

52 minutes ago, KerbalKid said:

I've finished the EM-1 i will do the EM-2 soon :)

here is the pictures/imgur link

http://imgur.com/a/JQEfO

already!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.