Stock Community Space Program - Observation save ready.

3 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

ok

Use trajectories mod to help you land at the site.

Yes, actually, funnily enough, I was just going to tell everybody that! Stop stealing the words out of my mouth!!

5 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Any info on the wiki I can help fix/update?

(pics still won't upload :(. I think its something on my end.)

I don't think you'll be able to contribute to the wiki unless you've had the save before. If you want the save, then I'll give it to you when it comes back but nothing in the save should be changed.

6 hours ago, DMSP said:

Hey, @Scientia1423, and @TheGuyNamedAlan, I'm planning on driving that rover a couple hundred kilometers towards the potential landing site. Would you guys be interested in a livestream? This is just a possibility, as I don't even know if I have the tools to do a livestream.

You'll need OBS to record and you'll need a Twitch/YouTube account to stream. OBS will give you the stream key so follow the instructions on the internet.

1 hour ago, Baybrawler said:

@DMSP If you have a mic to talk I'd totally tune into that stream. Perhaps even do a build/launch as well! 

Alright! It's pretty crappy, but I'll definitely be looking into a stream soon!

39 minutes ago, Scientia1423 said:

You'll need OBS to record and you'll need a Twitch/YouTube account to stream. OBS will give you the stream key so follow the instructions on the internet.

I have OBS downloaded now, and my Youtube has been up and running for a couple years now. Nice!

9 hours ago, DMSP said:

Hey, @Scientia1423, and @TheGuyNamedAlan, I'm planning on driving that rover a couple hundred kilometers towards the potential landing site. Would you guys be interested in a livestream? This is just a possibility, as I don't even know if I have the tools to do a livestream.

when would the stream be??

it would be best if you can fit it around 2 weeks from now because i got quite a lot of exams and stuff to finish and then it would be the start of school holidays for me so if you can kinda delay it a bit, it would be much appreciated. :)

-Alan

btw i also have a youtube channel and OBS so maybe i should stream my launches on youtube from now on?!

12 minutes ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

when would the stream be??

it would be best if you can fit it around 2 weeks from now because i got quite a lot of exams and stuff to finish and then it would be the start of school holidays for me so if you can kinda delay it a bit, it would be much appreciated. :)

-Alan

btw i also have a youtube channel and OBS so maybe i should stream my launches on youtube from now on?!

You could stream 100%, I would love to watch. The stream would probably happen on Sunday, sometime after lunch European time.

This is still all Hypothetical.

25 minutes ago, DMSP said:

You could stream 100%, I would love to watch. The stream would probably happen on Sunday, sometime after lunch European time.

mmm, i better check (i think it's gonna be midnight here in australia :( )

@DMSP yeah it's gonna be midnight for me so noooooo :( 

7 hours ago, DMSP said:

6 hours ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

mmm, i better check (i think it's gonna be midnight here in australia :( )

@DMSP yeah it's gonna be midnight for me so noooooo :( 

I have OBS and a twitch account for this lol.

Hello again!

My turn is done. If you wanted to see:

Mission 1 Cygnus:

Spoiler

I heard we needed a Cygnus replica in order to have a full set of real life space cargo ships, so i made one and launched it on a very crude Atlas V replica to Gateway Station:

G2yMGhQ.png

Tc2aDHi.png

(sorry it's blocking some of the station, i'll get a better picture soon)

Also, there was a placement error with the craft where the RCS tank attached to the transfer stage instead of the actual craft, so the spacecraft had no RCS. Nevertheless, i performed my first ever successful engine-only docking.

xk78DmV.png

The Spacecraft even had a little "fire in space" experiment on it. All excess stages burnt up in the atmosphere successfully.

Mission 2 Unity Ring:

Spoiler

i launched a 60-ton, 29-part ring with a tug to Unity station, using a new Reusery SSTO booster.

X1yW7fx.png

I had to take the cupola off the front of the station to fit the ring in, but i put it back afterwards, so its all fine. Since unity is coming dangerously close to 500 parts now, i kept the part count from increasing much by also taking off an obsolete space tug i had put there before. The Reusery was recovered successfully, only 30km from the ksc.

Picture of the station now (trying to show every module):

DOv40hD.png

Those two tugs you see are docked together in a 200km orbit. They're still operational, so if you ever need one feel free to use it.

Mission 3 Minmus Miner:

Spoiler

I launched a mining spacecraft to minmus using another Reusery lifter. This time i overshot the KSC and two boosters broke off on the way back down, but most of the rocket was still recovered safely.

OoWenvP.png

16 days after launch, the crew of 1 pilot, 7 engineers and one scientist were in orbit, about to pick a landing spot. However, i made a dumb and i forgot to put an antenna on the ship, so i couldn't communicate to do a surface scan to find the ore. Not wanting to abort the mission, the crew landed in a random flat lake, and were lucky to find a good amount of ore to mine.

RaMK2jT.png

The crew were quite happy to have landed. Hopefully the radio silence won't eventually drive them mad...

Ej2Y4yL.png

The miner is now in an equatorial 50km orbit with about 100t of fuel to spare. If you find yourself near minmus and need some fuel, feel free to fuel up at the miner. Just be sure to leave about 2500 LF in the tanks, and land back at the flag. If you angle the solar panels to the sun, it should take about 3 minmus days to refill the miner.

P.S. 1 toggles the drills, 2 toggles surface harvesting, 3 toggles the panels and radiator. The ISRU unit has to be activated manually, so you can choose your fuel to refine. 

By the way, can't wait to see how this Duna landing will go. By the looks of all the various landers in orbit, it's gonna be Huge.

4 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

Hello again!

My turn is done. If you wanted to see:

Mission 1 Cygnus:

Hide contents

I heard we needed a Cygnus replica in order to have a full set of real life space cargo ships, so i made one and launched it on a very crude Atlas V replica to Gateway Station:

G2yMGhQ.png

Tc2aDHi.png

(sorry it's blocking some of the station, i'll get a better picture soon)

Also, there was a placement error with the craft where the RCS tank attached to the transfer stage instead of the actual craft, so the spacecraft had no RCS. Nevertheless, i performed my first ever successful engine-only docking.

xk78DmV.png

The Spacecraft even had a little "fire in space" experiment on it. All excess stages burnt up in the atmosphere successfully.

Mission 2 Unity Ring:

Hide contents

i launched a 60-ton, 29-part ring with a tug to Unity station, using a new Reusery SSTO booster.

X1yW7fx.png

I had to take the cupola off the front of the station to fit the ring in, but i put it back afterwards, so its all fine. Since unity is coming dangerously close to 500 parts now, i kept the part count from increasing much by also taking off an obsolete space tug i had put there before. The Reusery was recovered successfully, only 30km from the ksc.

Picture of the station now (trying to show every module):

DOv40hD.png

Those two tugs you see are docked together in a 200km orbit. They're still operational, so if you ever need one feel free to use it.

Mission 3 Minmus Miner:

Hide contents

I launched a mining spacecraft to minmus using another Reusery lifter. This time i overshot the KSC and two boosters broke off on the way back down, but most of the rocket was still recovered safely.

OoWenvP.png

16 days after launch, the crew of 1 pilot, 7 engineers and one scientist were in orbit, about to pick a landing spot. However, i made a dumb and i forgot to put an antenna on the ship, so i couldn't communicate to do a surface scan to find the ore. Not wanting to abort the mission, the crew landed in a random flat lake, and were lucky to find a good amount of ore to mine.

RaMK2jT.png

The crew were quite happy to have landed. Hopefully the radio silence won't eventually drive them mad...

Ej2Y4yL.png

The miner is now in an equatorial 50km orbit with about 100t of fuel to spare. If you find yourself near minmus and need some fuel, feel free to fuel up at the miner. Just be sure to leave about 2500 LF in the tanks, and land back at the flag. If you angle the solar panels to the sun, it should take about 3 minmus days to refill the miner.

P.S. 1 toggles the drills, 2 toggles surface harvesting, 3 toggles the panels and radiator. The ISRU unit has to be activated manually, so you can choose your fuel to refine. 

By the way, can't wait to see how this Duna landing will go. By the looks of all the various landers in orbit, it's gonna be Huge.

Amazing turn! 

And about Duna, well, we're getting closer every minute. Hopefully we can pull this off.

23 hours ago, FCISuperGuy said:

Launching is now underway...

Nice! Don't forget to show us what you did, and make sure to get the link to @Scientia1423 today.

On that note, @Scientia1423, would it be alright if I had the save as soon as you've checked on it? I'll hopefully get streaming ready and I'll edit the stuff on the wiki.

1 hour ago, Scientia1423 said:

@DMSP, I'll hand the save to you by tomorrow as I'll need to complete my job early to send everything to Duna.

I'll test if I can stream, then stream the Duna transfer and then it'll be done.

btw, what are you sending to space?

Wait, you're sending everything to Duna now? Would it be alright if I sent my stuff over myself?

1 hour ago, Scientia1423 said:

Remember the 30 day limit...

Yes, of course, but to get to the Duna transfer we would need to use a lot of 30 day limits lol. I think it's something like 1 year away last time I checked.

If we could assure that everyone has sent their Duna stuff up (like say "Last Chance for Duna" in the title) and then we make the jump.

2 minutes ago, SHiftER2O said:

I want to clarify, Hyperedit is not allowed EXCEPT when setting up bases in Kerbin, right? I was thinking of doing an underwater base of sorts...

This was correct for me, @Scientia1423, can you confirm?

Just now, DMSP said:

Yes, of course, but to get to the Duna transfer we would need to use a lot of 30 day limits lol. I think it's something like 1 year away last time I checked.

If we could assure that everyone has sent their Duna stuff up (like say "Last Chance for Duna" in the title) and then we make the jump.

lmao theres only me and you left in the month so that would be a bit late.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.