Stock Community Space Program - Observation save ready.

I want to confirm the crafts that are going to Duna. Here are the crafts in orbit currently:

The Hazard

Drop the Base

The Dropbox

N1-L3

And here are the people whoI know have planned to go to Duna:

@Scientia1423, @DMSP, @TheGuyNamedAlan, @Baybrawler.

If theres anyone i've missed, please tell me; and if I've missed any crafts/craft not going to Duna, also please tell me. Otherwise they'll be sent to Duna during my turn at the end of the month.

On 11/27/2016 at 11:38 AM, SHiftER2O said:

I want to clarify, Hyperedit is not allowed EXCEPT when setting up bases in Kerbin, right? I was thinking of doing an underwater base of sorts...

Hyperedit and vesselmover are restricted to Kerbin, yes. Do whatever you want with them.

Edited by Scientia1423

So I'm testing a mechanism in order to descend from the surface to the underwater base, which I plan to contribute here after I properly register. The idea somewhat came from the names of the stations actually, here we have a sort of "Gateway Station" or this surface boat, which "Looks Down" on the underwater station, and a ferry submarine would shuttle crew to-and-fro between the boat and the station.

bq5sx58.png

79dLHhL.png

Here's more images of the process

Spoiler

The "Gateway Station"

bq5sx58.png

Yep, it's "Looking down" 

fbPJJbE.png

The ferry submarine

FlhD6vx.png

And down it goes!

An7Wyu4.png

Warmer...

KUk10nS.png

Warmer......

Nrcvxl7.png

Pretty warm.....

tMMz5cJ.png

Kinda hot now....

MfGwdvJ.png

That's a cooking!

RdVQDYf.png

Dock Approach, it's kinda like deep space.

GGqBDQM.png

And we're in!

79dLHhL.png

Edited by SHiftER2O

2 hours ago, SHiftER2O said:

So I'm testing a mechanism in order to descend from the surface to the underwater base, which I plan to contribute here after I properly register. The idea somewhat came from the names of the stations actually, here we have a sort of "Gateway Station" or this surface boat, which "Looks Down" on the underwater station, and a ferry submarine would shuttle crew to-and-fro between the boat and the station.

bq5sx58.png

79dLHhL.png

I'll book you in for a turn in december...

@TheGuyNamedAlan, do you want a turn soon?

1 hour ago, DMSP said:

Alright, too anyone who wants to check in, you can expect a stream in the next 2 hours or so. Possibly sooner. Stand by for more info.

Here is my ticket lol

25950620-Blank-plane-tickets-for-busines

Sorry guys, but the stream totally went back. My computer is lagging like hell and I'm not entirely sure if the stream is even running right.

I will make a video on this, but the stream is out. I'll have to save that for a time when I have access to a better computer, or some time where I can figure out what's going on. If you would like to-Subscribe, I hope you'll get more soon. My apologies.

@Scientia1423, I've spent the last 3 goddamn hours driving that rover across Duna. I've made progress! I haven't followed the route I proposed at all, but I'm 1/4-1/5 of the way there!

@Baybrawler, your rover will get to the Duna Ground Ops Center! 1/4th of the way there!

I suspect I'll be staying up late tonight...

And tomorrow...

Edited by DMSP

Alright! After about 4-5 hours of driving (lost track of time), this is the progress I have made!

mOHNxT5.png?1

I am very proud! This is by far the longest KSP journey I have ever made, and there's a music video that will come along with it.

By the way, it would not have been an interesting stream, lol. I've crashed maybe 25 times or so...

Driving on Duna is hard...

@Scientia1423, I'm almost there!, and @Baybrawler, your rover is going to be part of our Duna plan!

Keep in mind that up too the third from last cross is all that I have done. The last two are hypothetical.

1/2 of the way there. Easy driving from now on...

Edited by DMSP

6 hours ago, DMSP said:

Alright! After about 4-5 hours of driving (lost track of time), this is the progress I have made!

TNnLyQT.png?1

I am very proud! This is by far the longest KSP journey I have ever made, and there's a music video that will come along with it.

By the way, it would not have been an interesting stream, lol. I've crashed maybe 25 times or so...

Driving on Duna is hard...

@Scientia1423, I'm almost there!, and @Baybrawler, your rover is going to be part of our Duna plan!

Keep in mind that up too the third from last cross is all that I have done. The last two are hypothetical.

1/2 of the way there. Easy driving from now on...

wait, you drove halfway across the planet and you're only half way?! also, can you send a list of the crafts that's on duna and the crafts that's going to duna?? that will be great coz i am really confused about which is at duna already and which is still at kerbin. @Scientia1423 i have made a refueler ready to head off to duna with the duna ascent vehicle which can get into kerbin orbit by itself(way overpowered).

Edited by TheGuyNamedAlan

2 hours ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

wait, you drove halfway across the planet and you're only half way?! also, can you send a list of the crafts that's on duna and the crafts that's going to duna?? that will be great coz i am really confused about which is at duna already and which is still at kerbin. @Scientia1423 i have made a refueler ready to head off to duna with the duna ascent vehicle which can get into kerbin orbit by itself(way overpowered).

I don't see it in the save but you are welcome to launch it into orbit on the 29th of november.

4 hours ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

No, I haven't gone around half the planet. Here's the map that shows where I actually am, the other parts after it are just hypothetical.

mOHNxT5.png?1

Edited by DMSP

17 minutes ago, DMSP said:

@Baybrawler, your rover is less than 50 or so kilometers from the target zone

Sweet! If I'd known where you wanted it landed a few weeks back when I sent it I would have done that, but glad there is someone willing to spend hours driving a little rover hundreds of kilometers to the base. Just thought of this, may have an arced path have been shorter? The same idea as how an airplane travels. Glad it was actually driveable, did you ever run out of electric charge or did the several rtgs work well?

Edited by Baybrawler

15 minutes ago, Baybrawler said:

Sweet! If I'd known where you wanted it landed a few weeks back when I sent it I would have done that, but glad there is someone willing to spend hours driving a little rover hundreds of kilometers to the base. Just thought of this, may have an arced path have been shorter? The same idea as how an airplane travels. Glad it was actually driveable, did you ever run out of electric charge or did the several rtgs work well?

No, that's really only because of the distortion of the maps. Also, I chose this weird route because it was the easiest terrain to go across.

I never ran out once, even in the dead of night. It's a wonderful little rover, and I've had a great time driving it. I wish Autodrive would work (you'll later see that as a video effect).

It is possibly the longest I have ever stared at one craft before...

This image was taken about half an hour ago. I'm getting closer. 2.4 kilometers per minute.

QUQCdRO.png?1

This is about where I am now. I'll cut south and I'll be there in 25-40 minutes...

ikINjap.png

Edited by DMSP

1 hour ago, DMSP said:

No, that's really only because of the distortion of the maps. Also, I chose this weird route because it was the easiest terrain to go across.

I never ran out once, even in the dead of night. It's a wonderful little rover, and I've had a great time driving it. I wish Autodrive would work (you'll later see that as a video effect).

It is possibly the longest I have ever stared at one craft before...

This image was taken about half an hour ago. I'm getting closer. 2.4 kilometers per minute.

QUQCdRO.png?1

This is about where I am now. I'll cut south and I'll be there in 25-40 minutes...

ikINjap.png

Can't wait for the finished product! I'll need the save by the end of today though.

5 hours ago, KAL 9000 said:

Hello, this sounds fun! Can I join this Community Space Program?

Yes, what slot would you like?

48 minutes ago, Baybrawler said:

Of course! Check out the wiki or look on the list on the first page of this thread on "the list."

Oh I thought you updated the wiki lmao

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.