[1.12.x] Mk1-Cabin-Hatch [v1.0.1]

Skalou

For the mod name, what about Mk-X Hatch Extensions/Improvements?  The X because there would be more modifications than only the Mk1 cabin, assuming you're going to make the stacked hatches usable like @ZobrAA suggested :).

Oh, in other news, this is going straight into my GameData. It's the mod I've been wanting for ages! Thanks for this :cool:.

Edited by TheEpicSquared

40 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

For the mod name, what about Mk-X Hatch Extensions/Improvements.

i like it :)

i made the part for the Mk2, here is it if you want to test it before i release it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j6um39lq0ddpld9/AADcL727-d3JkURSXtvDrU-va?dl=0

same license as before etc...

9dGNRlf.png

you can also notice that the stock ladder ( horizontal yellow bar on the roof) is broken.

Edited by Skalou

If this mod turns into "fix all the broken fake hatches in KSP" I think I might wet my pants.

Just IMHO but I think a nice configuration might be: activate all cosmetic fake hatches by default; in VAB/SPH, add an advanced tweakable to add the Mk1 crew cabin dorsal hatch (off by default).  Making the hatches work is just an extension of existing art that ought to be functional.  Mk1 hatch goes beyond and adds function, which has a slightly different appeal.  Again just an opinion, and very happy to use this however the OP sees most fit.

On 07/11/2016 at 0:26 AM, fourfa said:

If this mod turns into "fix all the broken fake hatches in KSP" I think I might wet my pants.

On 07/11/2016 at 6:44 PM, RoboRay said:

Hmm...  I wonder if it could be possible to move the 2.5m command pod's hatch and ladder to be centered on the ventral side instead of offset in this mod.  :wink:

In fact ,maybe all the parts sould need an overhaul, for now i won't touch them, but i will report it because they said in this week devnote that they will look at all the colliders, so there is a chance they will this to :)

thank's for the suggest thought.

edit:

here is the report post if you want to add your contribution/ demand too:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/151741-overhaul-colliders/

Edited by Skalou

On 13/11/2016 at 8:39 PM, InfiniteShock said:

I know this will make finding a name even harder, but would you be interested in making an airlock part for each of the cabin sizes? Somebody mentioned this earlier in the thread, and I think a stock-alike part would be really useful and cool.

i think i've seen a mod doing exactly this ( has only part wich are airlock), but i don't remenber the name.

On 11/15/2016 at 5:30 PM, Skalou said:

i think i've seen a mod doing exactly this ( has only part wich are airlock), but i don't remember the name.

Do you mean like a part that only has a door on it? If you made the part, you wouldn't have to animate anything, it would literally just have a door on the side of the fuselage and nothing else on the part.

19 minutes ago, InfiniteShock said:

Do you mean like a part that only has a door on it? If you made the part, you wouldn't have to animate anything, it would literally just have a door on the side of the fuselage and nothing else on the part.

A preliminary testing part could reuse the Structural Fuselage model with the hatch from this mod pasted on. Several could be pasted on in symmetry because who doesn't love moar options.

• 3 weeks later...

I confirm the actual v0.2.0 works in 1.2.2 ( and should work on any older version with the Mk1 crew cabin),
Online KSP AVC file and Spacedock updated ( and so Ckan soon hopefully), but no new release on my side to download.

also here is a really nice mod i suggest you to use with it,
it allows to turn all the lights on automatically and much more, you can check his thread here:

Crew Light : Let your Kerbal switch the lights  by @Li0n :wink:

Edited by Skalou

• 2 months later...

Hi,
Some news, there is a bug actualy with the mod Crew light  (hatch retract and kerbal can be killed when going to EVA)

for now you should NOT use crew light version 1.3 or 1.2, but you can use the version 1.1 (check the link above).

Edit:
Bugs solved with the new Crew light version 1.4. Thank you @Li0n :)

Edited by Skalou

• 1 month later...

Thanks at least a way for my kerbals to escape the wreckage. A cabin with one window changed to a door would be neet to but I guess it would be complicated to alter the interior that way.

I hate it when I take some tourists to the pole and then want to let them out to take some freah air I have to exit jeb and then the whole group has to pass through the cockpit to get out.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
17 hours ago, majNUN said:

Not working in 1.3.1.

Hi @majNUN,

on my side i can confirm this mod works on 1.3.1 too, so the problem is on your side :/

-Did you installed it properly?
The MK1CabinHatch folder must be in the GameData of your installation: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/MK1CabinHatch.
Do you have Module Manager installed has required?

-To activate the hatch you must be in one of the hangar (VAB or SPH) and right-click on the Mk1 crew cabin part to see the available option "Add Top Hatch".

-Are you playing with other mods? it's maybe a conflict with some of them, so i suggest to try it on a fresh install, then if it works you can try to add some of your mods until you find the conflicting one (i don't know any myself, mk1-Cabin-hatch uses only a very basic stock animation module and a module manager patch).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.