[1.12.x] Image Viewer Continued

linuxgurugamer

A revival of an old mod, ImageViewer, with improvements

The new version for KSP 1.4.1+ has new dependencies

Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Download:  http://spacedock.info/mod/1037/Image Viewer Continued

Source code:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ksp-img_viewer

License: GPLv3

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

This is a plugin to view images ingame (Delta-v transfer plots? this?). Uses toolbar if available, if not you can open the viewer by "Alt + i" or the images list by "Control + i" , put your images in "GameData\img_viewer\Plugins\PluginData\Images\" directory.

Features:

-Just an ingame image viewer.

-Remember last image open, windows positions and visibility status.

-Zoom.

Screenshot:

e8V28hv.png

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It hasn't been updated in over a year.

Probably only because it hast NEEDED an update to be working...

Its technically only barely two months outdated... Its already on SpaceDock, and is current for 1.1.3...
I know agises likes to wait a couple months at least after a major KSP update, to let the dust settle, and the minor updates to release and stabilize

Edited by Stone Blue

46 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Its technically only barely two months outdated... Its already on SpaceDock, and is current for 1.1.3...
I know agises likes to wait a couple months at least after a major KSP update, to let the dust settle, and the minor updates to release and stabilize

Look.  it wasn't working in 1.2.  A couple of people asked me to get going.  I did.

I also improved it, the ui was a little clunky.

I will be VERY happy to push my changes back to him if/when he comes back and lets me know.  In the meantime, there is a working mod with support for people who want/need it.

3 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

I have asked in the old thread for an update, 2 weeks ago and got now response.

And it DID needed an update, I had a +300MB memory leak each time clicking on the VAB. After 6h debugging on my 90+ mod install, I saw that it was ImageViewer that caused that.

The old version really didn't work with 1.2.1

1 minute ago, Jebs_SY said:

And it DID needed an update, I had a +300MB memory leak each time clicking on the VAB. After 6h debugging on my 90+ mod install, I saw that it was ImageViewer that caused that.

I hope the new version is working better for you.  This release is better than the quickie I sent you

17 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

Wow... a whole two weeks with no response... Yep, mod must be DED then... :P

Not every mod dev jumps on the first major KSP release to update... many wait till the dust settles with added minor bug fixing updates, rather than having to jump-to for users bugging them for updates with every MINOR KSP release, too

Yes, it most likely DOES need an update for 1.2... just about EVERY mod that uses a .dll needs an update for 1.2... But they havent always in the PAST...

And installing old mods on a new KSP update KNOWN to have broken almost every mod, should be done in small groups at a time... HENCE, you shouldnt need to spend hours debugging...

@Stone Blue

I've rechecked it, I asked already 3 weeks ago. When one uses a mod, 3 weeks no response with a non usable mod is a long time when you are waiting for it (imho). I personally don't see a problem, when Linux is saying, that the is very happy to get the mod back, as soon as it's possible.

I from my point am very thankful to agises for making this mod and also for linux for making a quick 1.2.1 version. And yes, I am one of that persons, that asked Linux if he can recompile it, after waiting 3 weeks for an answer. Cause we shall not bother authors for updates (which I can totally understand) I think that step was OK... and, once again, Linux already stated that he is happy to give the maintaining back.

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer

If you find some free time, could you maybe take a look at a small issue with the keys? When using imageviewer with the mouse only, it works fine. But for that, one has to click "hide image window" to close the image window. However, when closing the image window with ALT+i, then it comes back on screen unwanted after a scene change. And when opening/closing the image list with CTRL-i then I regulary end up with 2 or 3 image lists. So the key combinations are not working perfect, yet. If you can't reproduce it, I can make a short video. Maybe/hopefully it's easy to find/solve.
It's not that important, just if you maybe find some spare time. :) o/ 
Maybe one could use left click on the toolbar icon to show the last selected image and right click for the menu?

21 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

@linuxgurugamer

If you find some free time, could you maybe take a look at a small issue with the keys? When using imageviewer with the mouse only, it works fine. But for that, one has to click "hide image window" to close the image window. However, when closing the image window with ALT+i, then it comes back on screen unwanted after a scene change. And when opening/closing the image list with CTRL-i then I regulary end up with 2 or 3 image lists. So the key combinations are not working perfect, yet. If you can't reproduce it, I can make a short video. Maybe/hopefully it's easy to find/solve.
It's not that important, just if you maybe find some spare time. :) o/ 
Maybe one could use left click on the toolbar icon to show the last selected image and right click for the menu?

opn a github issue, please

@linuxgurugamer
Can it be, that issues are still disabled for the fork? I can't find it. I'm sorry.

I made a video, cause it's hard to explain.

BTW, regarding the feedback here, I assume that I am one of the few / the only person that uses it, so it should have absolutely no priority. I almost didn't wanted to ask...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6jW17Eqk0c

PS: This is the same problem, the old image viewer got with the KSP 1.2 update. I was hoping, that recompiling it for 1.2 would fix it.

Edited by Jebs_SY

2 hours ago, Jebs_SY said:

@linuxgurugamer
Can it be, that issues are still disabled for the fork? I can't find it. I'm sorry.

I made a video, cause it's hard to explain.

BTW, regarding the feedback here, I assume that I am one of the few / the only person that uses it, so it should have absolutely no priority. I almost didn't wanted to ask...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6jW17Eqk0c

PS: This is the same problem, the old image viewer got with the KSP 1.2 update. I was hoping, that recompiling it for 1.2 would fix it.

I just fixed that, you can now add an issue.

And it's probably a simple fix, I should be able to fix it this weekend

• 1 month later...

New release: 0.0.3

• Fixed problem with multiple list windows opening up, but only one being active
  • Null ref fixed which occured when no toolbar installed and the "Hide Image Window" was clicked
  • issue fixed where clicking the "Hide Image Window" and then trying to show another image would either fail or show a tiny window with nothing in it
  • Removed extra .version file

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@linuxgurugamer

You fixed an issue with the key combinations in the last version. Thank you very much for that. :) 
There is a small thing left over. When you selected an image with CTRL-i in the image list and keep it selected, close it with ALT-i, imageviewer auto-opens on the next KSP start in the loading screen.
Could you maybe change it, that it doesn't auto open itself at game start, if an image is still selected?
I didn't wanted to bother you, but this issue is really a little bit annoying.
I think/hope it's just like an "if true/false show image" at initialization.
BR
Jebs

3 hours ago, Kussris said:

Thanks for the update!

It is exactly what I need for displaying my own charts in KSP.

Your welcome.

Sometime in the future, I may be adding a settings page where you will be able to configure the hotkeys for this, as well as a source folder

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.