Screenshot Question

Hello,

I just got KSP up on a new computer. I've been seeing a pop-up while KSP loads, saying: Press Win-G to take screenshots. You see this same pop-up on various games, even games off of Steam. I don't believe it even has anything to do with KSP. So I've been pressing Window key and G for a while in KSP, and it seems to take pictures, but I suddenly realized, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES GOING? They're of course not in the KSP screenshot folder, and I haven't even installed Steam yet.

What folder do the screenshots go when you press Win-G?

41 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

I believe it's F1 to take screenshots, and then they'll show up in the screenshots folder.

Yes, I knew that. I wanted to know where the Win+G screenshots were, because I had taken quite a few good shots with it.

35 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

And the screenshots are saved by default under C:\Users\<yourusername>\Pictures\Screenshots

Makes sense. That would be nice, but they're not there. Because...

35 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Those messages and the shortcut are from the Windows 10 'Game Bar':

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17188/windows-10-record-clips-of-pc-games

Thank you for the link! Yes, that is the game bar I saw. However, this is from the undeletable Win 10 Xbox app, (My arch nemesis in computer cleanup) which I did not realize or I would not have used it. Long story short, I'll never recover those screenshots. I'm not going to waste the next 3 hours troubleshooting an Xbox app lol.

Thank you, now I'll remember to just use the KSP screenshot button for KSP screenshots. :wink:

13 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Not a worry, there's probably no best place for it, but it's a Windows 10 thing rather than KSP directly.

@sal_vager May I suggest the thread is allowed in the tech support forum anyway, even if only ... 'circumstantially' relevant on KSP? In The Lounge it's pretty much doomed to never be found by anyone that may benefit from it.

With more console users among the forum visitors, and thus more people that may have the XBox thingamajig installed on their Windows computers, it is also likely that there will be more people encountering this same thing. It would head off the same question being asked again if there is already a topic in a more likely place where people may come look for it.

Questions/topics that are really more about Steam/storefront/graphics cards/joysticks than about KSP have been allowed to stay in the tech forum too, after all.

Just a suggestion.

11 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

With more console users among the forum visitors, and thus more people that may have the XBox thingamajig installed on their Windows computers, it is also likely that there will be more people encountering this same thing.

Actually, I don't use any form of Xbox. That's why I'm annoyed it comes as a default on Win 10. Especially because the "Game bar" apparently doesn't work unless you have an "Xbox account". Not-so-subtle advertising in my opinion! The Xbox app is also the only one on the start menu that cannot be removed. Also annoying. :huh:

On 11/5/2016 at 4:28 PM, swjr-swis said:

I have been enlightened! NOW I CAN REMOVE ANYTHING I WANT!

The Great Microsoft Powershell of Power https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/mt173057.aspx shall destroy all the pre-installed garbage on our computers once and for all, and the universe shall be forever liberated from the bondage of useless apps! Window 10's excuse for being an improvement over Win-8 has no power over us now!

Dude seriously, thank you for this link.

Edited by Jeb!
Needed to make the font bigger. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.