RaendyLeBeau

dear all,

today i worked on the SS AVALON Hull structure. - I renounced on extensive "riveting" optics . The rivets I have only used at certain places as around hatches or windows - i hope it fits. :)

- As a template I tried a little to imitate the structure of this ship - ok, I know that I am miles far from it ..  :)   But I try

Spoiler

Carl-palacios-swbf-carlpalacios-38.jpg

sNE76fN.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all, just making some test with the SS AVALON capsula and his new parts.

my prefered picture from this testflights:

UU1YB42.png

- here a very huge picture gallery from the tests, have fun :

- Unfortunately my new eva-ladder (AE-LD300) still does not work as it should. - does not do anything the squad stock ladder does it too, this sits even perfect ..

TtsJgqe.png

- here the squad stock ladder - perfect fit !

Y1ZYP5I.png

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

- So next comes the processing in unity of the upper stage block and Service Module :

Spoiler

phhExfC.jpg

- the associated new engine LBSI - RS68x

Spoiler

oHhiKWG.jpg

- and the additional drive variants of the core Lifter Stage : 17x RS-68x engines ( Here I will use the same adapter however with a second additional configuration - should go , so I hope it  :)

Spoiler

c6sNIpH.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

2 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

- here a very huge picture gallery from the tests, have fun :

Just a quick question, how do you get that album to appear in your post?  I have tried the "imbed post" option in imgur (where the code is <blockquote........blah blah blah computer code stuff> and it is not posting the pictures for me.

10 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Just a quick question, how do you get that album to appear in your post?  I have tried the "imbed post" option in imgur (where the code is <blockquote........blah blah blah computer code stuff> and it is not posting the pictures for me.

hi - simply I paste the imgur-album url into the page. that's all.

Look at the example  - pick your album ..

zXhsBqJ.jpg

paste the gallery-Album URL in the KSP Forum page ..

Rfrlkyv.jpg

in this case a picture Album of my own RC Plane prototype that i want to be construct .. Maybe when I get retired when I have more time. And no longer need to work. :)

SPOILER - excursion to another hobby of mine - build & fly RC-planes :)

Spoiler

By the way, I have already made an attempt to produce in order my own rc-model in china with foam material...

All who have answered me want to sell me their mega big rc manufacturing foam machines. 30k $ and up ... without delivery to europe.  :)  lol  Funny business-chinese

because of practical reasons i have come to the conclusion that I make my rc-plane here with traditional balsa wood, depron and 3d-printer parts.

bf53.jpg

2012-08-20_114930.jpg

- a typical Shape mold machines to creates different FOAM- shapes for : bicycle helmets, surfboards,  packing foam .. AND  RC planes   :)

EPS_Automatic_shape_Moulding_Machine.jpg

here an thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1712928-Polyfoam-rc-models

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

7 hours ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

hi - simply I paste the imgur-album url into the page. that's all.

Look at the example  - pick your album ..

zXhsBqJ.jpg

paste the gallery-Album URL in the KSP Forum page ..

Rfrlkyv.jpg

in this case a picture Album of my own RC Plane prototype that i want to be construct .. Maybe when I get retired when I have more time. And no longer need to work. :)

SPOILER - excursion to another hobby of mine - build & fly RC-planes :)

Hide contents

By the way, I have already made an attempt to produce in order my own rc-model in china with foam material...

All who have answered me want to sell me their mega big rc manufacturing foam machines. 30k $ and up ... without delivery to europe.  :)  lol  Funny business-chinese

because of practical reasons i have come to the conclusion that I make my rc-plane here with traditional balsa wood, depron and 3d-printer parts.

bf53.jpg

2012-08-20_114930.jpg

- a typical Shape mold machines to creates different FOAM- shapes for : bicycle helmets, surfboards,  packing foam .. AND  RC planes   :)

EPS_Automatic_shape_Moulding_Machine.jpg

here an thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1712928-Polyfoam-rc-models

Thanks!!

dear all, yesterday & today i worked on the Upperstage Block Units in Blender. - as some with the ship I renounced on extensive "riveting" optics . The rivets I have only used at certain places.

Especially I have adapted the service module texturing, since there was no texturing structure before. Now it looks better. Hope the whole comes even better out with normal map in Unity.

On 25 April 2017 at 0:59 AM, RaendyLeBeau said:

the whole upperstage block looks very amazing

Aye that it does!!!

What are the stats looking like on it? (e.g. TWR, DeltaV, dry and wet mass)! Definitely looking forward to this! Though not too soon, still got placement :( 

16 hours ago, Kertech said:

Aye that it does!!!

What are the stats looking like on it? (e.g. TWR, DeltaV, dry and wet mass)! Definitely looking forward to this! Though not too soon, still got placement :( 

Hello Kertech, the thrust values of the upperstage-block engine will approximate that of a Vulcain 2. For more values I can say nothing definite. We have pretty much adapted all engine stages, so you have to be patient until the next release comes out.

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

24 minutes ago, RaendyLeBeau said:

Hello Kertech, the thrust values of the upperstage-block engine will approximate that of a Vulcain 2. For more values I can say nothing definite. We have pretty much adapted all engine stages, so you have to be patient until the next release comes out.

That's fine, good luck

On 28.4.2017 at 11:41 AM, Kertech said:

That's fine, good luck

dear Kertech,

here some pictures about the Upperstage-block values (actual state - there are not definitve Which means they could be adapted later )

nFo2lfU.png

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

hello all, just finished to make first run with addon Adapter and Engines for Stage1

here some pictures

FUbtVDd.png

oyOhtET.png

cecfrsH.png

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

22 hours ago, problemecium said:

This is looking very nice! Although I confess to being among those who opened the thread and was disappointed that you hadn't ported in the Avalon from "Passengers." xD

Hello, yes I admit you have lost at the project beginning a little time with the name finding. the film 'passengers' came a lot later .. I knew nothing of it. (Really am innocent :))
I find the film really good, I was also amused about the spaceship name 'Avalon'.  The space ship name was first planned on "Excelsior", later unnamed in "AVALON" :) ..

- i find really great this concept Pictures, the Ship design is fabulous !

(sorry for my google translate english)

https://blog.pond5.com/11952-how-guy-hendrix-dyas-created-a-new-kind-of-spaceship-for-passengers/

Spoiler

please see sketch name at the bottom left that was the original name 'excelsior' - The concept was created by the production designer "guy hendrix dyas". He did great things, was also involved in the Film 'Inception' and many more.

passengers_avalon_sketches.jpg

Passenger9.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Dear people we are almost at the end of the development cycle.

The most important is ready to test. Here and there textures still have to be made. But the biggest is almost done.  For reasons of time I could still not at all the prices of the parts and the techtree.

So I have the AVALON architecture blocks schematically represented. - later they are still labeled.

The rest of the Avalon-mod file structure has been reworked. Logically related parts are now in the same directory. So I tried to make bigger textures which are however shared by several sharing. This has the advantage that these textures only need to be loaded once and are used by several parts. This saves memory.

Interesting to see in this picture : I have tried to represent the size relation by means of existing space ships like the SpaceShuttle.

Rl8XQdc.png

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

7 hours ago, Nyreik said:

Is there a Download link somewhere ??? I really want to try this mod

No, not yet. It is still in developement. But at the end of developement. See last post of Raendy:

Dear people we are almost at the end of the development cycle.

Dear people,  'almost' does not mean quite yet .. as on the main page to be seen there are still some implementations which have to be made like.  : RealPlume, Interstellar (hyperdrive) version / compatibility. ASET props for all IVAS .. (the IVAS are still in development ..)

- At this point again many many thanks to the co-operation with  @Nansuchao it will make the 'RealPlume' imlemenation and testing some parts. In addition, he is conultant in topics like rocket-engines and other astropysical topics of which I somtimes really dont have idea. I'm more of a creative art director with 'blender' :)

yes we have reached a milestone. But we still have to do a small piece of work.

Please be patient. Finally, we do everything in our leisure time. By the way, many of us modder have a job or study to do. Family and other things to do. And sometimes a modder now I speak of myself, simply missing his motivation.

Spoiler

and.. talk about the topic donation is unfortunately wasted time, because the expectation of 100% of all user's is the 'download-for-free' mentality.

9Bcyu0H.gif

Unfortunately. And this is still incomprehensible to me.

- and yes I know I make myself unpopular with such expressions and many of the community are excluded me therefore.

But I do not care.

JhWi0KD.gif

I go my way, and say what there is to say.

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Do what you have to do when you have to do it, sir.  The majority of us would rather have something that takes a long time to do that is polished, complete, and usable anyways.  Waiting is half the fun.  Your development posts are always (for me anyways) very neat.  You have a very different take on interplanetary ship/lander/infrastructure design than most of the developers out there - and this is a good thing.  

If we have to wait for KSP 1.4 to come out before this is ready, so be it.  It will be worth the wait.

11 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

Do what you have to do when you have to do it, sir.  The majority of us would rather have something that takes a long time to do that is polished, complete, and usable anyways.  Waiting is half the fun.  Your development posts are always (for me anyways) very neat.  You have a very different take on interplanetary ship/lander/infrastructure design than most of the developers out there - and this is a good thing.  

If we have to wait for KSP 1.4 to come out before this is ready, so be it.  It will be worth the wait.

Yes maybe you are right Maybe my approach is wrong. I always try to do it all well, and put myself under pressure. Yes I think you are right I must correct my view, no idea why I think everything must be finished immediately next week. I should tackle the whole relaxed.

Thank you very much!

cheers

dear all, has just finished the descriptions of the stages. I hope I have not forgotten anything. -  there may be additional details later.

cheers

7PBEgyB.png

tTIAWDd.png

FtYbhg7.png

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Hello together, took me a small break.

In the meantime I have asked myself for the STS AVALON a few 'interstellar' solar panels are missing.
So I wonder how solar panels would look like. maybe like this . .

38D90D7A00000578-3810357-Once_in_space_s

or this ..

475897main_080421-earthsail_3023x2006.jp

solar-sail-2.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAhxAAAAJDEwMjZiMzFlLTQyY2Et

others interesting concepts

Spoiler

-

939caf3a928ab3272fb24dfbf42b967c.jpg

6bce47ad1ef98ed4a1007fb9838a215a.jpg

Solar_sail.jpg

sig2.jpgde4c1e87-494d-4398-902f-6bd01560

-

So I look, I'm not quite sure yet .. when it makes sense I create a few cool soolar-panels concepts.

Edited by RaendyLeBeau