RaendyLeBeau

Hey @RaendyLeBeau, just wondering about the docking port cover, is it folding to 180'? My experience with other mods is that sometimes the cover can bump the target vessel.

looking great, can't wait for this to be ready! (Though not to soon as gynae exams are next week!!)

dear all, for practical reasons I have to decide to create for the ss-avalon an EVA-ladder. the ksp-ladders are too little and and unsuitable. Here some blender concept skteches.

- cheers :D

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all,

so this and next weekend i want to work to finish all the upperstage parts. I hope I manage it until then

@Nansuchao .. sorry everyone for the delays of the upcoming (developer/test) release.

Hope least the pictures I post you like :D - Of course, this picture is missing of the APAS-docking port.- Probably forget him in the VAB hangar..

jBhT3zj.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all. just finish another texturing and animation for some upperparts.

the Landing gear, eva-ladder, ServiceModule Decoupler and Pica-Heatshield are now ready to import to Unity.

here the results. - cheers !

x6YgKkv.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all, maybe i rethinking some parts on the upperstage block.

Would like to make the whole more direction-realistic-scale and away from the ksp-stockstyle. The serveice module with integrated antenna I find from desing her very appropriate. As well as the orange fuel-tank. The rest I want to think about.

here some ideas ..  ( The size ratios of objects should be the same )

1P3cfuh.jpg

SzmLT7D.jpg

I think these should be adaptations without losing too much of the original structure.

In the principle, only the lower part is adapted and the middle part (fuel tank) is enlarged in a realistic way.

lajYSFy.jpg

DoN6bpI.jpg

wBa7YMx.jpg

xnNmh0U.jpg

dear all, after agreement with 'nansuchao' we will equip the upperstage block with a "vulcan" vacum-engine.

the "Merlin"-engine would have been a solution - but this is quite often used in other ksp mod.

So we stay in the european space and make an italo-eu. Production :)

- the images of the new adaptations of Upperstage-block will follow shortly..

Vulcain 2

vulcain.jpg

Merlin Vacum Engine

reveal-merlin-inner.png

dear all,

so here a short preview of the new redesigned Upperstage block with a realistic vulcain-3 engine.

As you can see the (orange) LH2 fuel-tank also a little enlarged. - the lower LOX fuel tank has remained almost the same. In addition, the lateral struts were made a little more stable. - the service module remains the same.

-> In order to make the transport system expandable I will still add an adapter. - This Adapter-Fairing (dia.=6m) can be placed later on the (orange) LH2-Fuel tank above. Then satellites or other payloads can be installed.

LxnHYpc.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all, here is the planned payload adapter of the upper stage.

(i make the adapter-decoupling on both sides )

RYuDT9q.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

Amazing! unfortunately I have run out of "likes" i'm aloud to give per day lol. But if I could,  would give you a lot more likes! Keep up the good work! I especially like how you have made different texture variants! :)  

9 minutes ago, ISE said:

Amazing! unfortunately I have run out of "likes" i'm aloud to give per day lol. But if I could,  would give you a lot more likes! Keep up the good work! I especially like how you have made different texture variants! :)  

Hi ISE,  very thanks for your kind words. in effect you see eveolving the texture processing.but i am not completly satisfied at moment with the upper stage. in particularly with the LOX/LH2 fuel tank textures..  :)

cheers

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all,

here last texturing progress - Now I find the aluminum texturing better, besides, I have the service module ready made. - Now everything looks more scale.

6vSfRDf.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all,

days ago i make the follow concept - maybe i want to add an additional propulsion modality for the S1 Lifter Stage

it consit to attach 17x  RS-68x engines :  this would look something like this.. But it is intended to serve as an additional option, not to replace that existing

Here I have a very good listing about performance data of rocket engines found : http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets/Specials/U.S._Rocket_engines/engines.htm

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all, here some pictures about the last modelling progress of  VULCAIN Engine.

I think it fits perfectly to the upper stage & it looks quite nice. tomorrow i go ahead with texturing.

vPS4zPp.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all here the final result of textured VULCAIN 2  - Am away from the ksp-stockstyle and have deliberately tried to get this Engine a more a scale look.

- think it looks quite good for the first time - maybe I can even renounce NORMAL-map

s8QgQXL.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

hi all, here final textured Engine with Fairing

added some refinishing-look textures - now it looks used :) 

So I'm tired - I'll go on tomorrow

4IhlIxh.jpg

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

dear all , Here some pictures which serve me as a template.

Certainly the original has much more details. I had to concentrate on the essential parts of the engine for playability reasons. 
Try this Weekend the additional drives RS-68x for the core-stage. Then everything comes into unity to make the parts playable.  :)

- The scope of these mods is growing more and more, and is becoming more comprehensive..

In the principle one has besides the stock-parts everything you need around eg. a Orbital-Space Station or an Interstellar trip to other planets.

There are also ASET IVA's and here news:

- possibly we make own AVALON- Missions or Contracts .. we work on it  - Respectively @Nansuchao - I would like to take this opportunity to thank him again!  :)

Spoiler

-

SNECMA_Vulcain_II.jpg

09284f68cbd081e41d40da028dbe8431_view.jp

v2arta_c.jpg

-

Edited by RaendyLeBeau

hi all, here latest progress of RS-68 engine

-i tried in Blender some matlab object materials, of course this material-views are no relevant for game.. but it looks quite nice and give it an 'realistic' effect like "normal map". :)

Edited by RaendyLeBeau