List of world first contracts and their prerequisites

Clinton

Just wondering if there's a config file or list of world firsts contracts prerequisites, particularly techs. I know docking contracts need a docking tech and EVA contracts need the appropriate building upgrade, but I suspect there's other more subtle prerequisites I'm missing.

There are ISRU contracts, obviously needing the ISRU tech.  There are also ARM missions and part recovery contracts that need the AGU.  I'm not sure if there are worlds firsts involved there but I'm sure it's a safe bet that there are.

Edited by Alshain

Well, let me copypasta this, from GameData/Squad/Contracts/Contracts.cfg

Progression // World First Contracts and Milestones
	{
		DisableTutorialContracts = False // Whether World First ignores first launch, reach space, and orbit home
		DisableProgressionContracts = False // Whether World First ignores the line of contracts after the tutorial
		MaxDepthRecord = 750 // The maximum depth to reach in the depth record track
		MaxDistanceRecord = 100000 // The maximum distance to reach in the distance record track
		MaxSpeedRecord = 2500 // The maximum speed to reach in the speed record track
		OutlierMilestoneMultiplier = 1.5 // What to multiply rewards by on hard requests like returning from atmospheric landings
		PassiveBaseRatio = 0.2 // What base portion of the total World First contract reward is granted passively
		PassiveBodyRatio = 0.3 // How much the body multiplier affects passive progression
		RecordSplit = 5 // How many intervals are in the speed, altitude, and distance record tracks
		Funds
		{
			BaseReward = 80000 // The base funds reward of a progress node including passive and contract income
		}
		Science
		{
			BaseReward = 8 // The base science reward of a progress node including passive and contract income
		}
			BaseReward = 16 // The base reputation reward of a progress node including passive and contract income
		}
	}

Make whatever you will out of this.

On 07/11/2016 at 0:06 PM, GoSlash27 said:

Wait...

So KSP now rewards building submarines??

I wonder if there are any biomes down there...

There are monoliths. I saw someone finding one submerged on Laythe and getting a tech node unlocked because of it.

24 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

There are monoliths. I saw someone finding one submerged on Laythe and getting a tech node unlocked because of it.

Interesting..........

How do we explore this? Using jet engines to move, or wheels?

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

Interesting..........

How do we explore this? Using jet engines to move, or wheels?

I've had luck building small planes with very little lift, so, fuselage, stabilizers, and control surfaces. KSP uses the water as a very thick atmosphere, but "gravity" (actually buoyancy) pointing up. I've gotten up to about 35m/s with a single Juno engine on a .625m fuselage, using only the elevons as my "wings".

Best of luck with your diving!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.