MACROSS VF-1 VALKYRIE MECHA

BKEubkS.gifKSP VF-1 Valkyrie

tWZAmKR.gif  OIjbS6C.gif

It is a plane that transforms and it is very awesome

Image result for VF-1 valkyrie gif anime

They also fly in Space

JmSggct.png

You are seeing it right.

Yep, I Made a Valkyrie in Kerbal Space Program and this is not just some static model or statue. This craft is able to Transform just like the actual thing!

Old Version 

New Version

About the VF-1

colorcode-vf1a.gif  Three Mode Variable Fighter

Spoiler

QrWWPZJ.png

1fsvFXl.png

UOW2g2t.png

MtESuF5.png

nOqJhww.png

G.E.R.W.A.L.K MODE

http://imgur.com/yw7gLeiKlEBWKo.png

It is not as stupid as it looks

Press 5 to turn into Gerwalk Mode. High-Speed high maneuverability VTOL. Can walk (theoretically). Legs are formed by the plane's Engines bending down and the arms and Gunpod are folded forward to resemble a chicken walker. Tail folds up to reveal several thrusters. 

No really

BATTROID MODE

Press 6 to turn into a fully articulated mecha. All the joints work but you don't have any real way to control them.

0TTplmu.png

It took me 15 minutes to get that pose right

http://imgur.com/8yaAgIB

FIGHTER MODE

Press 4 to turn into a plane. You should know what is a plane by now.

7TjPuxW.png

Image result for vf-1 valkyrie

Actual Testing Footage

Mods included. 1.1.3 Only

Warning the modular manager cheat config changes all parts mass to 0.5 and makes all engine parts physicless. Just wanted to make that clear.

@Colonel Cbplayer Where is my VF-19? I am just kidding you of course :wink:. This is seriously amaze balls awesome. While the VF-1 was never my favourite Valkyrie you gotta respect the original and what you created here must have been hours upon hours of work. I mean you can even keep using the gunpod in all the modes wheee :confused:. Congrats!

Edited by Flashblade

Robotech (I mean the mashup of all those series) was one of my first loves as a kid being a sci-fi soap opera as opposed to episode storyline series like Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica.

I really connected with the characters and loved the machines. Since then I've lost the touch with mecha's but I'm very impressed with the quality and detail of this build.

Five stars!

On November 6, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Azimech said:

Robotech (I mean the mashup of all those series) was one of my first loves as a kid being a sci-fi soap opera as opposed to episode storyline series like Buck Rogers and Battlestar Galactica.

I really connected with the characters and loved the machines. Since then I've lost the touch with mecha's but I'm very impressed with the quality and detail of this build.

Five stars!

When I watch it, it was call macross :P Have you seen Macross "Do you remember love?". It basically a whole new film adaption of the original Macross SDF (or "robotech" :wink: ). If you haven't seen it I absulotely recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2016 at 5:56 AM, Colonel Cbplayer said:

Warning the modular manager cheat config changes all parts mass to 0.5 and makes all engine parts physicless. Just wanted to make that clear.

What do you mean by this statement? Does the download link include a modification to the config to make this work?

1 hour ago, Majorjim! said:

What do you mean by this statement? Does the download link include a modification to the config to make this work?

The extra mm config included changes every part to 0.05 mass. I did this out of lazyness to avoid creating more welded parts (those are a pain). 

I can get rid of the need for the config If I make the craft only out of welded parts

1 hour ago, Colonel Cbplayer said:

The extra mm config included changes every part to 0.05 mass. I did this out of lazyness to avoid creating more welded parts (those are a pain). 

I can get rid of the need for the config If I make the craft only out of welded parts

Why would you have to weld the parts on such a small craft?

35 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Why would you have to weld the parts on such a small craft?

the fact the parts are weld together is what makes it work as well as it does. It more with editing configs than just structural strength. The craft vf01cheat is call that because... well it cheats. The non cheaty stock parts only is much heavier and more wobbly. It just not as good or as fun to fly.

The bueaty of welded parts is that you can mod them to your heart contends without ever having to touch the stock stuff. It less of a hassle than having to edit the stock parts and that makes it easier for others to download since they don't have to mod their game.

You cant really tell by lookingbut the craft has a lot of superlight and physicless parts which improve performance for my computer

In case anyone is confused, Macross is it's own series of mecha anime. Macross is cooler cause the battles often have awesome songs to go with them. Also, Variable Fighters are way cooler. :cool:

And dude, those planes rock. If only variable fighters were real. A number of anime have them. Now just make a kerbal sized one like in Infinite Stratos (minus all the ecchi that destroyed that series)

Edited by Gnoyze
derp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.