[1.8.x- 1.12.x] LLL Continued Dev Thread - New BETA Release

linuxgurugamer

8 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

you dont need blender to look at models just use debug stuff from sarbian. 

thanks, i will search for it

the problem you are having with the filtering is because they arent in the correct category propulsion isnt a category anymore its engines now. 

propulsion is already fixed. we fixed all categories and rearranged them to the new ones, too. As you see, i'm in size filter.

those size categories are controlled by the bulkheadProfiles attribute which I dont think any of the LLL stuff has. 

i know. KSP push the LLL parts in a size it wants, so a huge profile was in size2 and a smaller one was is 3. LLL is special size, so it should have it's own filters. :wink:

i would look thru some of the earlier versions of filter extensions in the sub category bulkhead cfg file they probably still exist there. that way you wouldnt have to start from scratch. 

somewhere i read about, that patch is possible for the bulkheads, i will find that. it's on todo, but low priority.

Edited by LeLeon

yeah i just created a game wide MM patch to deal with all propulsion category stuff  i scoop up some fuel tanks here and there but better than not being able to find stuff. 

but you might be able to find the icons and the bulkhead profile sizes that used to be used in the old filter extensions if they even keep the old versions at all. 

the cargo box stuff maybe where there might be some concave or convex colliders or some such that used to be okay back in the day but not now. that why i was saying to get with the hangar mod guy to use his storage code instead of having to mess with trying to clean all that up. dont know if you have every used it before but it is really slick. 

1 hour ago, COL.R.Neville said:

Big thanks!

yeah i just created a game wide MM patch to deal with all propulsion category stuff  i scoop up some fuel tanks here and there but better than not being able to find stuff. 

@linuxgurugamer fixed that soon after he made this thread.

but you might be able to find the icons and the bulkhead profile sizes that used to be used in the old filter extensions if they even keep the old versions at all. 

Never used FE. i will have a look. Perhaps they have history versions.

the cargo box stuff maybe where there might be some concave or convex colliders or some such that used to be okay back in the day but not now. that why i was saying to get with the hangar mod guy to use his storage code instead of having to mess with trying to clean all that up. dont know if you have every used it before but it is really slick. 

Uhm oh yes... That's a thing i hoped Linuxguru will do. :P But, i'm curious, if something don't work, it nerves me. Cargo bays, engine fairings and the three airlock doors don't work.

Edited by LeLeon

2 hours ago, LeLeon said:

That's actually possible (example is the "ION engine" as you know it). Here i named it with a patch file, so old name stay in game and can be disabled by delete or rename of "LLL_SeriesRename.cfg".

The working tags:

Hide contents

i hope it's possible to patch the filter "?" symbol to a custom icon. And as i see, the tags are case sensitive so i have to add "LLL" to all the tags.

Actually i'm on names:

1x1 - Anthea

2x1 - Doron

4x2 - Telemach

Old greek names, the greek characters were a good idea. that thought many others in KSP too, so sigma, gamma, kappa, epsilon, omega are in use. The ones above are free in board search.

Side effect of A, D, T: hopefully some other part split this huge LLL selection, so the sizes are better to keep apart.

F.e.

Doron FS-10 Tank ( 2x1 Tank ) FS stands for fuelswitch, 10 = 100% (think about 1x1 size FS-10, 2x1 = FS-100, 4x2 = FS-1000)

Doron FS-3 Tank ( 2x1 Standard Tank [Third length]) 3 = 30%

Doron FS-R Sperical Tank ( 2x1 Expanded Tank)

Doron IN-200 Ion Engine  ( 2x1 ION )

Doron INR-200 Radial Ion Engine ( Radial ION (the 2x1 sized, there are to engines named the same))

regarding tags: if you don't feel like adding in tags to all the parts manually, you can always append tags to the end of tags. like so. Make sure the item has tags to begin with though! You could also target things assuming they all have the Lack Luster Labs manufacturer, which they probably all do. Throw that in a patch somewhere and you should be golden. Learned that after I had to manually add AIES to all the tags in that mod, after the fact of course.:P

@PART[*]:HAS[#manufacturer[Lack?Luster?Labs]]
{
	@tags ^= :$: LLL:
}

17 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

regarding tags: if you don't feel like adding in tags to all the parts manually, you can always append tags to the end of tags. like so. Make sure the item has tags to begin with though! You could also target things assuming they all have the Lack Luster Labs manufacturer, which they probably all do. Throw that in a patch somewhere and you should be golden. Learned that after I had to manually add AIES to all the tags in that mod, after the fact of course.:P

@PART[*]:HAS[#manufacturer[Lack?Luster?Labs]]
{
	@tags ^= :$: LLL:
}

TOO LATE. AHHH. a good idea. Now 4/5 parts have been manually tagged.

But after i have 1x1 and 2x1 in tags this global tag phrase wouldn't work well. but then, after i tag all without 1x1, 2x1 i have to add another patch to get 2x1 or 1x1 in by part name, then after some parts have not the 2x1 in the name i have to patch against title to hope they are named after 2x1 or 1x1. :wink: 

f.e.

Spoiler

2x2hull 2x2 Hull [Experimental]
2x1hulltest Habitation Building [4x2 Experimental]
4x2noseconeflat 4x2 Cap
4x2EngineFairing 4x2 Engine Fairing
4x2EngineFairingEnd 4x2 Engine Fairing End
1to125Adaptor 1x1 to 1.25 adaptor
2to1Adaptor0 2x1 Adaptor Plate [Quarter Length]
2to1Adaptor1 2x1 Adaptor Plate [Half Length]
2x1Adaptor2 2x1 Adaptor Plate [Full Length]
2to1AdaptorOffCentre2 2x1 Adaptor Plate Off Centre [Full Length]
2to1AdaptorOffCentre 2x1 Adaptor Plate Off Centre [Quarter Length]
2to1AdaptorOffCentre1 2x1 Adaptor Plate Off Centre [Half Length]
2x1Bicoupler 2x1 Bicoupler
2x1to2x2 2x1 to 2x2 Adaptor Plate
2to25mCircAdaptor 2x1 to 2.5m Adaptor Plate
2x1to1-25mAdaptor 2x1 to 1.25m Adaptor Plate
2x2to25m 2x2 to 2.5m Adaptor Plate
2to2-5Adaptor 2x2 to 2.5 adaptor [Experimental]
4to2Adaptor 4x2 Adaptor Plate [Experimental]
4x2Bicoupler Bicoupler [4x2 Experimental]

@ my series label idea, there is the same problem. even when i can manage to patch against name i will miss parts. And then,, how can i search for title contain 2x1, and in same step overwrite only the *2x1* in the title without overwriting all right of this size phrase. :)

After an hour of thinking about, how i can serve that, i decided i'm faster with a patch for every of these size files. i made a very comfortable part list, so i don't need to open .cfg over and over and over. took a decent amount of hours to initiate, when i decided to help linuxgurugamer, but now i benefit from it.

Edited by LeLeon

6 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

take alook at this:

http://spacedock.info/mod/1040/Kerbal Object Inspector Continued

Works in 1.2

Hi All,

I just merged some more changes from @LeLeon, so be sure to update to the latest.

yeah i use both of those. especially object inspector since now you cant get what the cfg of a part looks like after all the mm patches have been applied anymore or I dont know how to do it one of the two. used to be able to see all that in the alt f12. debug stuff works better for the model related issues like invisible stuff blocking solar panels all the animation names etc for landing gear suspension. 

hmm it dumps it out to the ksp log for me okay. 

looks like those door colliders need to be a little tighter closer to the visual doors since the colliders are the physical doors hehe. 

compare it to say a mk2 mk3 expansion cargo door or one from squad. 

11 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

yeah i use both of those. especially object inspector since now you cant get what the cfg of a part looks like after all the mm patches have been applied anymore or I dont know how to do it one of the two. used to be able to see all that in the alt f12. debug stuff works better for the model related issues like invisible stuff blocking solar panels all the animation names etc for landing gear suspension. 

Module Manager dumps everything to a cache file, I think it is GameData/ModuleManager.Cachefile, it contains everything after all patches have been applied.

Questions:

1. @linuxgurugamer @V8jester  @Deimos Rast and all interested LLL mod users, do you want a changelog?

2. I'm actually a bit disappointed/ confused. There are many structural parts like adapters & straight hull segments. My thoughts here:

2.1 cut off the crew capacities and kill the ModuleKrCrewCompartment (who just give error logs in KSPlog). There are still parts with crew capacities on 2x1 and 4x2 in Utility section, as Eagle crew module and the 2x1 hull segment with switchable windows. To compensate, i would change

mx8YVD7.jpg

2.1.1 "Window gallery", a 3 window wide part with 2 crew and the inline IVA cockpit of the 2x1 hulls (with not so correct) windows 

Spoiler

vU9DdYd.jpg

OR 

2.1.2 "Port hole", single round window with 1 crew and the IVA windowed round cockpit of LLL cupola 

Spoiler

TDC1WIk.jpg

to Utility as crew cabins. They are small shaped and fit on all sizes surface.

2.2 after that give these adapters/ segments fsfuelswitch with Structural, LFO, Mono selection (as the B9 HX series do with their huge parts). Tested it on a fuel tank, "Structural" seems to work fine. At short adapters could a Structural, ElectricCharge option fit.

With that, you can decide if they are just low weight visual parts or visual parts with some DeltaV usage. I think the parts are too tall, to be just crewed with a Kerbal.

What do you think?

Edited by LeLeon

I know how much work changelogs are, so I leave it up to you - you're putting in more effort than I would already, so I trust your judgment on balancing, honestly.:)

Regarding windows: probably Cupola IVA.

You can still give crew capacity without ModuleKr. It's just CrewCapacity = #. Doesn't require an IVA or ModuleCommand, either (module command is for allowing you to control the vessel). You could make a patch that converts ModuleKrCrewCompartment = abc to CrewCapacity = abc....probably.

The problem you run into though is if they have crew capacity, they become a really cheap cheaty way to add crew cap to a ship for low mass (talking about windows/hatches). Have a tourism contract? Mk1 Pod + 5 Windows. You get the idea. Not that I'd ever do that.:D

15 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I know how much work changelogs are, so I leave it up to you - you're putting in more effort than I would already, so I trust your judgment on balancing, honestly.:)

Regarding windows: probably Cupola IVA.

You can still give crew capacity without ModuleKr. It's just CrewCapacity = #. Doesn't require an IVA or ModuleCommand, either (module command is for allowing you to control the vessel). You could make a patch that converts ModuleKrCrewCompartment = abc to CrewCapacity = abc....probably.

The problem you run into though is if they have crew capacity, they become a really cheap cheaty way to add crew cap to a ship for low mass (talking about windows/hatches). Have a tourism contract? Mk1 Pod + 5 Windows. You get the idea. Not that I'd ever do that.:D

My balancing: I compare items in size, function to stock and common mods as NEAR, RoverDude, KW, B9, MK2/3 expansion. A middle in stats fits. Yeah i see a lot of misfits in these mods, too. But one after one.

So the single Porthole with IVA or the 3 window-version without IVA? *confused*

There is ModuleKR AND CrewCapacity on these parts. :wink: These ModuleKR in it's variation give a lot errors in KSPlog. Think there are 5 MuduleKR variants built in LLL.

@Cheap cheaty. I'm here to prevent this. :P Behind this Port hole a crew cabin would be needed to built in "virtually", so this small window would bring more weight with it, as just 0.05 tons :) 

If i want to cheat, i just use the airlock of the KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystem. 0.1 tons and 200 creds (i think). There is also another Airlock in my mods with 0.2tons but 1400 creds, what fits better. less weight more creds or more weight less creds.

Edited by LeLeon

@LeLeon Since you are doing so much of the work, do you want to take over the mod?  I'm not going to have time to put into it for a while, unfortunately.

I have no problem continuing to be the clearing house if you don't want to.

Regarding your questions:

1.  changelog is nice, but, at least for this effort, not important

2.  Regarding the ModuleKrCrewCompartment , just comment them out right now.  It's probably a custom module, if I get some time, I'll look for it

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@LeLeon Since you are doing so much of the work, do you want to take over the mod?  I'm not going to have time to put into it for a while, unfortunately.

I have no problem continuing to be the clearing house if you don't want to.

Regarding your questions:

1.  changelog is nice, but, at least for this effort, not important

2.  Regarding the ModuleKrCrewCompartment , just comment them out right now.  It's probably a custom module, if I get some time, I'll look for it

No no, you are the pro. I'm just a leg worker. I can do little tweaks and patches or clean light things. But things as the broken hatches, the cargo bays (i spent too many hours in these things with no effect) and some error logs are beyond my skills. They need to be reviewed by a pro. That's the real work, imo.
If you have not the time at the moment, the progress will be slowed down. Perhaps another guy with skill is in the right mood and can fix things. This board is full of pros. But better a slow progress in future, than no progress. I just need some merge of commits actually. After i finished the balancing of mass and stats for career merge requests will be less.

So stay as dev. I don't need credits, i just want to give something back.

Edited by LeLeon

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, but you WILL get credit.

As of now, I don't think there are any PRS waiting 

actually just a small typo fix, i messed up in last pull. i meant it generally during balancing. balancing pull, then a damned typo pull... :wink: 

But i don't need instant pulls, if you have no time, then the PRs have to wait. No stress.

Edited by LeLeon

Did few KSP.log error corrections today

Fixes:
- missing textures on CBM extendable
- missing textures on 1x1 NoseProbe, assigned new normal map.
- wrong paths/ squad renamed files
- debris shield price too low for shield capacity
- out commented old modules
- converted some .tga to .dds
- added normal map for two 2x1 parts errors

Many remaining KSP.log errors point to 3x1, 4x1 parts in LLL_Extra. There are simply missing models, 132 [ERR] only here.

Edit: Okay found the archive on github. Will be pushed, so no more error spam and a possible usage of the 3x1 and 4x1 size.

Wouldn't it be better, to push them in a zip-archive, to prevent lag spam? Are there somewhere forgotten archives with these models?

Most other errors belong to KIS and KAS, ScanSat, RT after i haven't these mods activated in my LLL test GameData folder. 

Edited by LeLeon

Shortened Changelog of last merges:

LLL folder:

-all parts category fixed

- all parts tech tree reviewed

- bulkheadprofiles to all parts (for advanced size filter)

- tags to all parts (lll lack + their special size + common tags for type)

- many maxTemp and angularDrag corrections compared to stock

- actually deactivated airlock/ doors (hatch obstructed problem)

- Engine fairings nodes fixed (broken after a KSP patch in past) 

- fixed attachrules for 2x1 and 4x2: better placement of parts on own asymetric surface

Rename patch files 

Content in Patches folder:
1. LLL_Rename_Series.cfg
Size series with better differentiable letter labels:
Search strings 1x1, 2x1, 4x2 still working, additionally lll, lack.
Sizes:
1x1: Anthea
2x1: Meral
4x2: Telemach

2. LLL_Rename_Parts.cfg
Parts renaming for better overview and imo now better and logical
differentiable. F.e. windows together, rover parts together.

3. LLL_Rename_Series_Pods.cfg
From MK XYZ to size letter series labels. Unique names as Sparrow, Boar,
Buster still there (and some additional cockpit names). Now all 1x1
sized cockpits are at same place of list.

- LLL-Extra pods + 2x1 & 4x2 pods and probes activated, balanced, Tweakscale for all cockpits deactivated

- LLL-Extra category fix 

Known problems:

- Cargo bays can't be used comfortable

- Airlock, hatch, building door can't EVA, hatch obstructed

- Engine fairings Jettison function broken

More problems? Report.

Edited by LeLeon

5 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I've never tried this mod!! Strange for me lol.

AVC is reporting 1.1 is available, but I can't find it... might be having a brain fart this morning, or is it uploading?

Spoiler
"NAME":"LLL-Continued",
  "URL":"http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=324",
  "VERSION":
  {
  "MAJOR":1,
  "MINOR":1,
  "PATCH":0,
  "BUILD":0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION":
  {
  "MINOR":2,
  "PATCH":1
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN":
  {
  "PATCH":1
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MAX":
  {
  "PATCH":99
  }
  }

no fart, 1.1 is just the version of the mod, 1.2.1 is set as ksp-version

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.