[1.8.x- 1.12.x] LLL Continued Dev Thread - New BETA Release

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/7/2016 at 9:07 PM, LeLeon said:

Little problem. :wink: 

Does anyone have an idea why the LLL cargo bays act as solid body, so i can attach things in the air and when i place f.e. a small xenon tank on one of the inner nodes i only can detach it, when i fly in the inner cargo bay next to this tank. Where should i search for the problem?

Tried many things in cfg now, but nothing worked.

Reveal hidden contents

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config

// --- general parameters ---
name = 2x1newcargo
module = Part
author = Lack

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
    model = LLL/Models/Structural/2x1Cargo/model
}

rescaleFactor = 1
scale = 1
rimFalloff = 5
// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_top2 = 0.0, 1.27125, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom2 = 0.0, -1.27125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.27125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.27125, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.625, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0
// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = heavyAerodynamics
entryCost = 0
cost = 800
category = Payload // Structural
subcategory = 0
title = 2x1 Cargo Hold
manufacturer = Lack Luster Labs
description =

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.8
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 0
crashTolerance = 40
breakingForce = 600
breakingTorque = 600
maxTemp = 2400
bulkheadProfiles = 2x1
tags = lll lack 2x1 contain convey equipment freight hold hollow payload stor transport utility cargo

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
    animationName = cargodoor
    isOneShot = false
    startEventGUIName = Close Doors
    endEventGUIName = Open Doors
}

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCargoBay
        DeployModuleIndex = 0
        closedPosition = 1
        lookupRadius = 1.5

NodeOuterFore = top
        NodeOuterAft = bottom
        NodeInnerFore = top2
        NodeInnerAft = bottom2
    }
}

Reveal hidden contents

JiBJOCg.jpg

BVXseUM.jpg

Any luck fixing the cargo bay problem? I also tried for several hours without any luck, but i find one trick:

In the workbench you mentioned once an item is placed inside the cargo bar, it can't not be detached anymore. I found it is doable, just you have to really zoom into the cargo bay, once your whole eyesight is in the cargo bay, the item will be greened and you can do whatever you want with it. It is for both building and in mission.

But once the item is unlocked within the cargo bay, it will still either explode or pushed by a great force, so the cargo bay is still unusable. 

2 hours ago, Meteoric said:

Any luck fixing the cargo bay problem? I also tried for several hours without any luck, but i find one trick:

In the workbench you mentioned once an item is placed inside the cargo bar, it can't not be detached anymore. I found it is doable, just you have to really zoom into the cargo bay, once your whole eyesight is in the cargo bay, the item will be greened and you can do whatever you want with it. It is for both building and in mission.

But once the item is unlocked within the cargo bay, it will still either explode or pushed by a great force, so the cargo bay is still unusable. 

Yeah, thats what i've seen too. But no, no idea how to fix that. I'm just not experienced enough in Blender or Unity to fix it there. English is not my mothers language and all the tutorials i checked just take place around Blenders animation of the start cube. Not helpful.

8 hours ago, LeLeon said:

Yeah, thats what i've seen too. But no, no idea how to fix that. I'm just not experienced enough in Blender or Unity to fix it there. English is not my mothers language and all the tutorials I checked just take place around Blenders animation of the start cube. Not helpful.

If you have a .blend file (or other format model file, correctly textured) of your most up to date version of the cargo bays (saves me exporting and losing details) I'll have a poke about. Pretty sure I know what the problem is but it needs to be fixed in Unity rather than blender.

Is there any interest in moving away from the FireSpitter dependency? I think most bits and pieces could be re-written to be handled fully by stock and then have the texture/mesh switching stuff pushed out to MM patches.

On 19.1.2017 at 8:52 AM, steedcrugeon said:

If you have a .blend file (or other format model file, correctly textured) of your most up to date version of the cargo bays (saves me exporting and losing details) I'll have a poke about. Pretty sure I know what the problem is but it needs to be fixed in Unity rather than blender.

Is there any interest in moving away from the FireSpitter dependency? I think most bits and pieces could be re-written to be handled fully by stock and then have the texture/mesh switching stuff pushed out to MM patches.

fsfuelswitch is used in several parts. But to get it handled by another plugin is an option, after fsfuelswitch work not that well with advanced scaling. There are other parts with equal collision problems.

And no, as i know it @linuxgurugamer has no .blend files, same for me. I checked the LLL thread, but had no luck to find them somewhere.

Edited by LeLeon

I've been looking into the Orbital tug boat thing and the docking ports. There is and animated docking port, how would you guys envision it operates:

1. Only when extended
  2. in both the extended and retracted positions

I ask as if it's option one then there will be the potential (when using the stock ModuleDockingNode) for a docked vessel to dock with and empty point in space when the docking port is not extended.

Alternatively do we know if someone has already written a pluggin which allows for 'toggling' of the ModuleDockingNode in flight? It could either be through changing the sting value in "nodeDockingTransform" when the pert is in flight, or by disabling/enabling the entire 'ModuleDockingNode' when in flight. Not sure which of these two is more likely to exist But if someone has come across such a thing I suspect @linuxgurugamer might know?

55 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

I've been looking into the Orbital tug boat thing and the docking ports. There is and animated docking port, how would you guys envision it operates:

1. Only when extended
  2. in both the extended and retracted positions

I ask as if it's option one then there will be the potential (when using the stock ModuleDockingNode) for a docked vessel to dock with and empty point in space when the docking port is not extended.

Alternatively do we know if someone has already written a pluggin which allows for 'toggling' of the ModuleDockingNode in flight? It could either be through changing the sting value in "nodeDockingTransform" when the pert is in flight, or by disabling/enabling the entire 'ModuleDockingNode' when in flight. Not sure which of these two is more likely to exist But if someone has come across such a thing I suspect @linuxgurugamer might know?

Not sure, but TweakableEverything has a section for docking ports.  I'll have to look, but suspect it would solve the problem.

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not sure, but TweakableEverything has a section for docking ports.  I'll have to look, but suspect it would solve the problem.

I'm not going to get to this until later, if you can confirm that it fixes it, then I'll add the dll from TweakableEVerything to the download (and in CKAN as well)

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm not going to get to this until later, if you can confirm that it fixes it, then I'll add the dll from TweakableEVerything to the download (and in CKAN as well)

You could also have a look at the "shielded" docking port in B9. That port has no node / no docking ability while shielded or "retracted" I believe the node is simply called something else in the cfg. But I could be wrong. @Flashblade or @blowfish may be able to explain better than I can.

Edited by V8jester

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll take a look at this when i get some time tomorrow. I'll redo some of the configs and make a pull request.

5 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

I'll take a look at this when i get some time tomorrow. I'll redo some of the configs and make a pull request.

I may do a custom dll for this, the problem with the TweakableEverything is that it will affect all docking ports, and that may not be desired.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I may do a custom dll for this, the problem with the TweakableEverything is that it will affect all docking ports, and that may not be desired.

Understood. let me know if there is anything specific you'd need for the model to need to do or have. 

P.S. I may have use for such a plugin elsewhere...

55 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

Understood. let me know if there is anything specific you'd need for the model to need to do or have. 

Nothing needed, if it works as a docking port, that's all it will need.  This module will work if there is an animation.  To see how it will work, install the TweakableEverything mod, cause I'm just going to make a customized version of the docking module dll there and give it a different name.

16 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

So it turns out that I don't need to do anything, but you do :D

You DO want the TweakableEverything mod, but only some of it, and you need to modify your files:

1. You need the TweakableEverything/Plugins/TweakableDockingNode.dll
  2. You need (as reference) the TweakableEverything/ModuleManager/TweakableDockingNode.cfg

TweakableEverything doesn't have a config for LLL, so you will need to make it.  I think it would be good if you made it as a patch

The cfg shows you the changes you will need to make.  Specifically, assuming what you want is similar to the Shielded Docking Port in stock, the following section:

@PART[dockingPort1]:AFTER[TweakableEverything]
{
	node_stack_tdn = 0, .333, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		%referenceAttachNode = tdn
	}

@MODULE[ModuleTweakableDockingNode]
	{
		%TDNnodeName = tdn
		deployAnimationControllerName = dockingring
	}
}

You can also look at the patch for dockingPortLateral, that's for the Inline Clamp-O-Tron, it's a bit more extensive because the Squad part relied on the port not being available when the animation was closed.

Anyway, I believe the "node_stack_tdn" is the offset the extended docking port is from when it is closed.

Once you have it working, I'll repackage LLL with the DLL included and will also take care of the CKAN dependency.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, V8jester said:

Hmmm @linuxgurugamer I just realized last night that several of the cockpits aren't showing up in game. I looked at the CFG's of the working / nonfunctional cockpits and I don't see an issue jumping out at me. But I wanted to pass it along.

It would help if you could identify which ones are missing

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It would help if you could identify which ones are missing

Yeah I deserve that one.... Hit me with a marlin :wink:

So from what I can tell The only missing command pods are:

MkVIIICatfish

MKII Droopy

MKIV Buster

MKVII Cockpit

Edited by V8jester

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, please get me a log file, I'll look at it tomorrow

N.P. I'll warn you there are a lot of mods present. While I do not suspect a mod conflict here. I know better than to say it's an impossibility.

I looked through and it appears to load those cockpits. But I may be missing something here. I am still not fully versed in everything I should be looking at in the logs. Please don't drive yourself crazy with this log. If you need me to try a couple things on my end to help you out. Please ask. I have every mod .zip and a full vanilla .zip of every version of KSP I use on hand.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ddgbebznmt2vhj/output_log.txt?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
On 12.2.2017 at 6:04 AM, V8jester said:

Yeah I deserve that one.... Hit me with a marlin :wink:

So from what I can tell The only missing command pods are:

MkVIIICatfish

MKII Droopy

MKIV Buster

MKVII Cockpit

First time i noticed this on your named cockpits there was a wrong line in the cockpit config: module = Game (or something like that)

after changing them to module = Part they were ingame. These cockpits were parts of LLL-Extra, before i reorganized them to LLL.

Your log show me the path LLL-Extra/Parts/Command/MkIIDroopy/ . Seems to be a older version.

Version 1.0.2.5-beta on Github https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued/releases has newer (latest) file structure. Please try that version.
All LLL parts in this release are updated, organized, tagged, renamed and rebalanced.

LLL-Extra parts missing rebalance = parts who don't really fit with extra sizes or imo simply doesnt make much sense.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued contains a broken parts list with description, what is not working. Like the cargo bays or rover parts with a cylindric invisible border around the center, what only can be handled with blender & unity. With lack of skill i could not fix them.

Edited by LeLeon

2 hours ago, LeLeon said:

First time i noticed this on your named cockpits there was a wrong line in the cockpit config: module = Game (or something like that)

after changing them to module = Part they were ingame. These cockpits were parts of LLL-Extra, before i reorganized them to LLL.

Your log show me the path LLL-Extra/Parts/Command/MkIIDroopy/ . Seems to be a older version.

Version 1.0.2.5-beta on Github https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued/releases has newer (latest) file structure. Please try that version.
All LLL parts in this release are updated, organized, tagged, renamed and rebalanced.

LLL-Extra parts missing rebalance = parts who don't really fit with extra sizes or imo simply doesnt make much sense.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued contains a broken parts list with description, what is not working. Like the cargo bays or rover parts with a cylindric invisible border around the center, what only can be handled with blender & unity. With lack of skill i could not fix them.

Oooo no Bueno....

That version actually breaks more than it fixes. Not sure what happened between the two but 1.0.2-5 actually conflicts with other mods where 1.0.2 did not.

More specifically myself @XOC2008 and @SpannerMonkey(smce) all have an issue with disappearing SM Armory parts among other things that 1.0.2 left alone

edit

And apparently adding in the missing parts as noted above (while deleting the old ones) from 1.0.2-5 into 1.0.2 is working. I suspect there must be a patch file somewhere doing something obtuse.

Edited by V8jester

26 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Oooo no Bueno....

That version actually breaks more than it fixes. Not sure what happened between the two but 1.0.2-5 actually conflicts with other mods where 1.0.2 did not.

More specifically myself @XOC2008 and @SpannerMonkey(smce) all have an issue with disappearing SM Armory parts among other things that 1.0.2 left alone

Yeah. Among missing parts it threw continuous nullrefs. And it's not just a part or two, there's some serious code issue here. I would get rid of all but one part, trying several parts, only to have it do the same thing. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.