• Removed ModuleManager dll
  • Removed Firespitter plugins
  • Updated ModuleRCX to ModuleRCSFX and added in effects

Please note the following:

• This REQUIRES Interstellar Fuel Switch, it is not included in the file
  • This REQUIRES ModuleManager, it is not included in the file

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Haxorouse said:

Will you be updating the mod for 1.5.x? also is there a new thread I should know about because although you just released a new version you don't seem to have said anything about that on here

I only updated the .version file, so didn't post anything other than updating the title.

Unfortunately, the parts are badly made, and I don't have the source, which is why this is "beta" and will stay that way

@linuxgurugamer I see a few different zip files for this on the github. which one/ones should I download and extract if I wanted to try this out? ksp 1.5.1, I also realize this isnt updated to 1.5 yet officially too..

edit: oops..Im looking at the top release that has 1.4.5 in the file name so maybe im confused? https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued/releases

Also, Is there a particular reason for updating to IFS over B9PS? I dont have anything against IFS...just Ive seen a few mods migrate from IFS to B9. I personally run a heavy modded install and dont even have IFS installed(no need for it), so I am kind of curious if its like...overkill or something? 

sucks the models are made poorly...These parts look kinda neat. Sure hope they can be improved upon one day.

Edited by Jesusthebird
which release version should I use??

1 hour ago, Jesusthebird said:

@linuxgurugamer I see a few different zip files for this on the github. which one/ones should I download and extract if I wanted to try this out? ksp 1.5.1, I also realize this isnt updated to 1.5 yet officially too..

edit: oops..Im looking at the top release that has 1.4.5 in the file name so maybe im confused? https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued/releases

Also, Is there a particular reason for updating to IFS over B9PS? I dont have anything against IFS...just Ive seen a few mods migrate from IFS to B9. I personally run a heavy modded install and dont even have IFS installed(no need for it), so I am kind of curious if its like...overkill or something? 

sucks the models are made poorly...These parts look kinda neat. Sure hope they can be improved upon one day.

There is no difference for this, I just forgot to delete the  1.4.5 file.

These were migrated from firespitter to IFS, I believe

And no, the models are not going to be fixed, I don't have the original files and am not a 3D modeler.  I'm just doing minimal life support on it; mainly any necessary changes to the config files

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, bjornadri said:

sorry to bump ths page back to the top, but i used to love tis mod, forgot about it, and recently found out about this continued thread... is there any chance this could be continued further?

This mod does not have any custom dll so it should still work in 1.8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, SudAntares said:

@linuxgurugamer did you try to reach out @Lack?

Or does he left the forum completely?

I'm still on 1.7.3

I want to install it and see how it works.

Yes, i did.

The mod will work, but some of the parts have serious problems with collidiers, etc.  I'm not supporting this anymore since I'm not a parts modder

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, i did.

The mod will work, but some of the parts have serious problems with collidiers, etc.  I'm not supporting this anymore since I'm not a parts modder

how hard is to be a part modder?

What if I could find one who can do that?

• 6 months later...

Hi folks, I'm also an old time fan of this mod (uhh I guess ~five years ago is pretty "old time" now) and I'm plugging away trying to learn Blender and Unity, and git for that matter, to bring these back. I'm using taniwha's Blender plugin to import the models, then pulling them through Unity and rebuilding them for 1.10. Only the broken ones, that is. So far I've gotten a few of the oddball colliders fixed, one landing leg sort-of working, and discovered a few more problems along the way. It seems that KSP handles scale transforms differently now, and also doesn't support non-convex colliders, which is the source of a lot of the problems. No guarantees that I'll be able to actually get everything working, but wish me luck I guess!

I thiiiink I've got fixed models on my fork of the repo, although I have no idea how best to organize such a thing, what version to call this, how to set things up for CKAN etc.

I've also done a few cfg tweaks (mostly updating the legs to use the new suspension module system, which was mysterious and frustrating). I removed most of the scaled-up parts that could just be tweakscaled, and the values I put in for the wheel suspensions are, ah, arbitrary? uninformed? bad? Lots of room for improvement, I would love some guidance on what values make sense, but the other forum posts I've seen from experienced modders seem to suggest that "change numbers randomly until it doesn't look too silly" is a common approach.

I didn't change the cargo ramp leg to the suspension system, because I don't think you can use that on something that doesn't touch the ground on basically a sphere or point. Take a look at these legs and see what I mean - if you tip the long ones forward or mack, the model clips through the ground because the wheelcollider is a sphere. And you can't have wheelcolliders on the same part, so effectively can't use the suspension system on those parts without the rocket falling over.

I also took out the building parts and skipped fixing the building door - I'm not sure they're very good or needed? I'm happy to do them if people want them. I've also got a lot of ideas for future housekeeping work - a lot of "untitled3.tga"s kicking around, a bit of a weird folder structure, and I'd like to maybe standardize the look of the bulkheads. Several parts could use IVAs, but that might be a much bigger task. There's also a kludged-in habitat ring that's non-functional in the Extra portion that should go IMO. 

I have no idea what comes next, though, I'm a nub here. I've gotten a hint from doing this just how much @linuxgurugamer has done to keep things working as far as he has - I would message him my appreciation, but I haven't made enough forum posts to PM, so here it is in public.

@SudAntares, could I also invite you to take a look and tell me what you think, as a fellow fan?

4 hours ago, hypodronic said:

I have no idea what comes next, though, I'm a nub here. I've gotten a hint from doing this just how much @linuxgurugamer has done to keep things working as far as he has - I would message him my appreciation, but I haven't made enough forum posts to PM, so here it is in public.

I appreciate the shout-out.  

Regarding CKAN, and release, I'll contact you via PM, I think you will be able to reply to me.

Hello all!

I´m a big fan as well, but couln´t use the mod to it`s full extend. It wouldn´t work in the versions I tried it with :-(. It´s sad that it wasn´t continued. So I´m very excited that sombody actually lovely personinues this beatiful piece of work. 

Are you still on it? Since the last posts of you are from july...

I would also love to get an updated version into my own hands.

@hypodronic @linuxgurugamer @SudAntares

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.