[1.8.x- 1.12.x] LLL Continued Dev Thread - New BETA Release

linuxgurugamer

23 hours ago, hypodronic said:

Interesting, I haven't got any parts that cast lights so it isn't that problem for me (yet?). It was some of the engines not appearing to glow when at high throttle. Turns out I was mostly mistaken because of how I was testing them. The sounds and particle effects need work though.

I'll keep an eye out for that ModuleLight thing though if it ever comes up, I wonder what's going on. It looks like layers has to do with multiple animations on the same part:

10 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Yep, though it rarely comes up and if you are only referencing one animation it doesn't seem to matter. I just put layer 9 because the first time I came upon a part using it that was what it had and helps me remember, but tried it with others. Have also had more than 1 animate generic in a config, 1 to make a part change shape and another to operate the lights, and they seemed to both work within the same config. I have used Animate generic to fix up alot of older mods in my game that had stopped working because of the changes to KSP. USI explorer and Orbital Tug and others.

Do a PR when you are ready, and ping me on the forums so I'm aware, I'll get a release out when ready

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 6:24 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Do a PR when you are ready, and ping me on the forums so I'm aware, I'll get a release out when ready

@linuxgurugamer

It is done! Having done about a million things on these parts (there are too many!) I suspect there's a million more I could tweak but it's good enough to give people a try I think.

Anybody else watching, in the meantime please give it a try and tell me all of the things I missed or screwed up! https://github.com/hypodronic/LLL-Continued

New beta release, 1.4.0

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued/releases/tag/1.4.0

Dependencies

Changes

• Thanks to github/forum user @hypodronicfor all of this:
    • Here's an overview of the important stuff I've fixed, tweaked or added:        
      • added:
        • bulkhead profiles
        • tags
        • 2x1 to 1x1 adaptors new texture
        • a lot of part descriptions
        • Kerbnet support for probes
      • tweaked:
        • exotic adaptors and tanks, life support, and building parts moved to Extra
        • some textures
        • part naming
        • interstage fairing part now works a bit like a thrust plate instead of the weird functionality before a lot of part descriptions
        • some tech tree locations and prices
      • fixed:
        • docking ports
        • engine plumes
        • flag materials (and various other model tweaks)
        • most tanks and adaptors IFS settings
        • CLS, Karbonite and even Kethane support should work

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

@hypodronic @linuxgurugamer First of all thanks both of you for your work reviving this mod (One of my, if not MY all time favorite since 0.23.5/0.24.2 days)

I've tested the mod for more than two weeks now and all is working fine except some very minor issues. As far as I found:

• "Lack's Carbon extractor" and "Lack's water purifier" don't have textures
  • "Sobek", "Junit" and "Hathor" engines don't have running sounds
  • Having Kethane and Karbonite mods installed at the same time prevents IFS to change the fuel tanks to Kethane
  • The cost of the majority of parts is very low for career mode and some doesn't have an entry cost

That's all that I found for the moment, as I said, VERY minor issues. Other than that all work as it should.

Thanks both of you again for all your efforts!

7 hours ago, Firebird989 said:

Lack's Carbon extractor" and "Lack's water purifier" don't have textures

While looking for this, I also found a number of parts which had no category, which caused them to not show up.

For now, since all the ones missing were life-support related, I'm putting them into the Utility category, which can be changed by MM patches when a LF mod is installed

Edit:  I've fixed the first two, looks like the sound issue might be missing braces, looking at that now

Edit 2: Fixed the sound on the Sobek, needed to adjust some values, wasn't a missing brace issue after all.  The Junit and Hathor will probably be the same

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New beta, 1.4.0.1

• Fixed the following issues:
    • Missing textures on "Lack's Carbon extractor" and "Lack's water purifier"
    • Missing running sounds on "Sobek", "Junit" and "Hathor" engines
    • Added patch to allow both Kethane and Karbonite to be used in the IFS Switch

I haven't touched the part costs.  I'll let @hypodronic look at that.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Awesome, thanks @linuxgurugamer. I could have sworn I had the engine sounds working. Huh.

I think I was thinking I would move the LS parts out of the none category in the TACLS patch, but obviously I didn't do that, or even check if the textures were working.  I specifically remember thinking "this won't work right if you have both Karbonite and Kethane, but who does that? Do people even use Kethane anymore?", so thanks for humbling me quickly on that.

I'll take a look at the part costing, I don't play career so I'll have to look at that. And thank you very much @Firebird989 for the great feedback!

12 hours ago, Fowele said:

Since installed this my game won't load.

Need to provide a copy of the KSP.log file, it is a text document found in the main  Kerbal Space Program folder. Also look when you attempt to load and see if you can read the screen to see where it hangs up. When KSP loads it displays it's progress and when it hangs it is usually displaying what it got stuck at.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:01 AM, Fowele said:

Since installed this my game won't load

On 10/26/2021 at 10:49 PM, ColdJ said:

Need to provide a copy of the KSP.log file, it is a text document found in the main  Kerbal Space Program folder. Also look when you attempt to load and see if you can read the screen to see where it hangs up. When KSP loads it displays it's progress and when it hangs it is usually displaying what it got stuck at.

I prefer the Player.log, details in the following link:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

But, did you install the dependencies:

????

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Whenever I try loading lack luster labs continued for 1.1.3, it gets stuck. I get this message in the f12 menu saying Exception: TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type." does anyone know how to fix this? I want to have LLL installed.

6 hours ago, GreenBean said:

Whenever I try loading lack luster labs continued for 1.1.3, it gets stuck. I get this message in the f12 menu saying Exception: TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type." does anyone know how to fix this? I want to have LLL installed.

No logs, no support.  Try reading the post right above yours, then follow the link below

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Sesshaku said:

I am using RO, and I am only interested in the windows and ramp part. Is Interstellar Fuel Switch required for that? I fear it will conflict with RealFuels

If you want to install LLL, or pull out the files for just those parts, that should be possible. I have no idea if IFS and RealFuels are compatible.  However, if you don't install IFS you will get a lot of errors in your logs and will probably do strange things with the LLL fuel tank parts.

• 1 month later...

Awoken from my slumber of ages, I have finally gone back to my spreadsheet and tried to make sense of stock KSP part cost balance and concluded that actually it's just vibes-based. So I just made up some entry cost numbers that are vaguely close to stock, and shuffled a few part costs. A pull request there for you, @linuxgurugamer.

Edited by hypodronic

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

I tried it and it completely stops my game from loading

No logs, no support

See my sig on how to get log files, you probably have something else going on

New BETA release, 1.4.0.2

• Thanks to @hypodronic for this:
    • Added entryCost to many parts, tweaked some TechRequired and part costs

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/LLL-Continued/releases/tag/1.4.0.2

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.