Finally Back.

RAINCRAFTER

Hi, I'm The Raincrafter, and the majority of people here have probably seen me at least once. I joined on October 27, 2014, and I kept posting here at the steady rate of ~1 a day for over a year, but around early February I entered a 9 month hiatus due to the new forum software, @Flymetothemun quitting, and a general lack of interest for the going-ons of the forums, and the only activity I had here was lurking every few months to see if I was comfortable falling back into the community. Today just so happened to be one of those days when I was lurking, and I thought that the community had finally gained enough interest from me to warrant a renaissance of my presence. So, I logged in, changed my avatar, and got to posting this (how meta). There were a few reasons I did this, and here they are in bullets:

1. I never stopped playing KSP. Seriously, I never did stop playing this game, even when I was completely silent over here. Actually, just a few days ago, I built my first functional SSTO in the aero model implemented all the way back in 1.0! So yeah, I am still playing the game to this day, but this wasn't the only reason.

2. The community seems more lively, and everyone's stats are higher. A lot more posts are being sent out than before, the Rep-Grand group is 1k instead of 500, and quite a few people have reached 1k posts (Salvager reached 10k in July!) I only remember the forums when it was impressive to have 500 rep and MadRocketScientist was the first guy to hit 1k posts, so I guess this encouraged me to come back.

3. The releases seem to be less problematic than usual. All the problems kind of took people away from the game (or at least being positive about it), and now that are starting to go away.

4. (The final reason) THE FORUM SOFTWARE ISN'T THAT BAD. It's no VBulletin, but I can say that I am used to it.

So, there was that, and I hope you enjoy more of me here :wink: (expect regular posts for at least a week or two.) Rain Out.

Edited by RAINCRAFTER
okay not recognizing FMTTM makes the forum software a little worse

19 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Good to see you again! You know, there's an old post of yours that I still look at from time to time. I wonder if you can guess which? :) 

I have a few guesses.

1. When I Rickrolled everyone on one of your Graphic Novels.

2. My Old Spacecraft Repository (Might start it up again.)

3. Me recognizing the game turning 5.

4. My 300 post celebration.

5. My K-Prize entry all the way back from 0.90. (Man, it's really been that long since the old physics? I should re-enter the challenge now with my first new-aero SSTO.)

6. Any of the cringe-worthy art I did back in the day.

That's all I can think of right now, if one of these is right than please tell me. :)

Edited by RAINCRAFTER

Nope. It's the one I try to prove wrong, every day. Curious to know after you've read Jool Odyssey whether you think you were right :D 

Posted almost exactly one year ago on the Eve: Order Zero thread:

RAINCRAFTER
LV-909 Lover

And that's it. Until Kuzzter feels like starting all over, that's the end. Kerbfleet has been milked for all of it's worth across this plot-line, by Mort for money and Kuzzter for a truly inspiring story. This is truly Kuzzter's Magnum Opus, and he would have to be a god to do anything better than this. I don't know the quality of his next thing, I don't know what it's coming out, but I can assume that it will be at least a slight downgrade after beginning his run with a bang, and it won't be out for a long time. Good Job, Kuzzter. Good Job, Kerbals. Let's all have a hydrazine toast, and know that this is the best thing ever. Cheers! This is The Raincrafter, and that is my opinion on the recent events of the comic's universe.

Edited by Kuzzter

5 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Nope. It's the one I try to prove wrong, every day. Curious to know after you've read Jool Odyssey whether you think you were right :D 

Posted almost exactly one year ago on the Eve: Order Zero thread:

Wow, I remember that post now. If you've got over 10k rep now, than maybe I was wrong. Better get reading! (Followed Duna and Eve all the way through, but I barley started Jool when I just decided to move on with other things on the forums.)

2 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

I'm here! Ahaha, welcome back Rain. :D

Ayyyy! I wondered where you were ever since your YT channel went dormant.