Modding Monday: MemGraph 1.1.0.2

SQUAD

tumblr_inline_oga9w335K01rr2wit_540.jpg
tumblr_inline_oga9wgNAHn1rr2wit_540.png

Created by @Padishar, MemGraph is a mod that creates easy to understand graphs of memory usage. Here is an example of what one of those graphs looks like. MemGraph has the unique ability to automatically reduce the ‘stutter’ that most people have encountered from time to time. This is accomplished by forcing Mono to keep significantly more free space in the heap.

Thanks to Forumer NEWBLAR for sharing with us this cool mod! 

#KSP 

5 minutes ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

Looks nice but where's the download? Well done Newblar! By the way looks amazing!:cool::prograde:

Follow the link on the word "MemGraph" and scroll down to the bottom of the first post...

@SQUAD, many thanks for featuring this, hopefully it will enable more people who are plagued by the stutter to enjoy the game...

Very glad to see a modding Monday return. With devnotes changing day I look forward to seeing any other regular postings return although possibly changing days to accommodate the devnotes.

Thank you for listening to forum users @SQUAD

Myself I do not worry about memory usage although I can see a stutter reducing feature being handy. I will check it out for ability to do that when I am back at my PC.

16 minutes ago, John FX said:

Myself I do not worry about memory usage although I can see a stutter reducing feature being handy. I will check it out for ability to do that when I am back at my PC.

Just to make it clear, it doesn't show you how much memory KSP is using (well, it shows the amount of memory currently allocated from the Mono heap, but not the total memory usage of KSP which also includes the memory used to store models and textures and the free headroom in the Mono heap).  It shows you the rate of memory allocation from the Mono heap which is directly related to the garbage collection stutters.

Basically, if you are at all bothered by the stutter then you should give it a try.  The last post in the MemGraph thread has a minimally modded installation that gets a 60x improvement in the stutter frequency (goes from every 20 seconds to every 20 minutes)...

Edited by Padishar

4 hours ago, John FX said:

Very glad to see a modding Monday return. With devnotes changing day I look forward to seeing any other regular postings return although possibly changing days to accommodate the devnotes.

Thank you for listening to forum users @SQUAD

My thoughts exactly. It's a good second step, the first was adding some more content to the "KSP Weekly."

6 hours ago, Padishar said:

Just to make it clear, it doesn't show you how much memory KSP is using (well, it shows the amount of memory currently allocated from the Mono heap, but not the total memory usage of KSP which also includes the memory used to store models and textures and the free headroom in the Mono heap).  It shows you the rate of memory allocation from the Mono heap which is directly related to the garbage collection stutters.

Basically, if you are at all bothered by the stutter then you should give it a try.  The last post in the MemGraph thread has a minimally modded installation that gets a 60x improvement in the stutter frequency (goes from every 20 seconds to every 20 minutes)...

Ah, gotcha. This will be tried out for sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.