ENOUGHT!

Obs: This text was written by a Brazilian through google translator, so please be patient with any misspellings.

ENOUGHT OF SILENCE, SQUAD (OR ANY COMPANY THAT IS AT THE CONTROL OF THAT GAME NOW)!

Since its launch the game has been presenting problems on all sides, from crashes to continuous crashes that have been deleting our save games because they are corrupted (among many other problems).

The squad left us warned for a while about everything that happened behind the spotlight on producing a kerbal patch on consoles, presenting responses on the forum soothing everyone who questioned improvements and providing feedback of their progress.

However, it's been a month since the PS4 is quoted in a development note on its official website, they are focused on improving the game on PCs while the consoles are unplayable. How can this be fair to your consumers and fans?
Do you know what else is not fair? The fact that the game is still on the Playstation Store page for sale as if everything is normal when it is not in fact, people are buying a game that does not work, that does not deliver the expected result for a product of the standard to be sold by one of the Largest companies in video games.
Recall from earlier times, Batman Arkham Knight was a highly anticipated game by all, his company responsible (Rocksteady) received harsh criticism about the performance on the PCs by the game being dead, what did the company do? They took their product out of the stores and returned the money from all those who ordered and focused on fixing the problem, contacting other companies for support, and in the end, the game is in perfect shape.
But back to Kerbal, why is the game being sold if it does not work as it should? They may think, "We need funds to pay for the repair costs," okay, but then you mean you know you're kidding people to get these funds? The answer to this question is seen in the acts of the company.
When I check company Twitter, I come across several wonderful posts about content on the PC, including a photo of one of the employees proudly showing their beautiful team playing Kerbal, should not they be working on a fix instead of playing? Should not they warn you about the state of the game on consoles instead of showing how wonderful it is? Where are the producers often warning us about the current state of the game?

I bought Kerbal on the Playstation Store next to its launch, until today I could not play it properly because my game always crashes and always hangs, I can not ask for a refund because the law in my country where it allows this gives me the right to ask in up to 7 Days only, and such problems happened later. I emailed the game support for a refund, and guess what? No answers!

We need to mobilize, because this company is behaving like Hello Games (producer of No Man's Sky), hiding behind the curtains. Post everything they find, claim, process, do everything that you deem necessary, we are not being bad with the company, the company is being the villain for launching a defective product letting it be Marketed until today

People Just Having Fun!

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Removed one over the line sentence.

The worst is the silence of the developers. SQUAD must take responsability of this, is their product and they must take care for it.

It seems that SQUAD let that Flying Tiger killed the game in consoles. It´s a shame.

SQUAD please tell something or as we say in México "Agarren el toro por los cuernos"... ;.;

Edited by RogerCoyote

I think you people should calm down. The PS4 release is obviously an accessory, as the game mechanics and the myriad of controls used are clearly meant for PC. This is not a "PC master race" comment, I'm not that type. I mean to say that, for KSP, the PC will always be a priority over any other console.

In this case, the console version of KSP will always be a worse option than the PC, and will probably occasionally updated, but will never meet the potential of the real, PC version.

18 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

I think you people should calm down. The PS4 release is obviously an accessory, as the game mechanics and the myriad of controls used are clearly meant for PC. This is not a "PC master race" comment, I'm not that type. I mean to say that, for KSP, the PC will always be a priority over any other console.

In this case, the console version of KSP will always be a worse option than the PC, and will probably occasionally updated, but will never meet the potential of the real, PC version.

Against my better judgement I have to respond to this nonsense. So because the console version is a port it should be hopelessly broken? And we shouldn't expect any support for four months and counting?   I paid at least as much for this game as you did, I expect it to at least work on a basic level.

Just now, RW1984 said:

Against my better judgement I have to respond to this nonsense. So because the console version is a port it should be hopelessly broken? And we shouldn't expect any support for four months and counting?   I paid at least as much for this game as you did, I expect it to at least work on a basic level.

1. I am not trying to start a war. I am also trying not to be rude and/or radical. Please do the same.

2. I'm not exactly sure why what I said is nonsense. It it logical: KSP was made for computer, and all console versions are just assets. Of course, I have to admit that paying the same amount for something that functions worse is not something that is supposed to happen, but at the same time the PC version will be more cared-for than any console version, for aforementioned reasons.

I respectfully disagree with @Matuchkin. SQUAD sold the game as a full release on consoles, so it is responsible to deliver a finished product. The game on consoles on it's actual status is far from finished. That its the problem and it's worse for the silence of SQUAD; let aside Flying Tiger, SQUAD must say something and take care of their users on consoles.

Where are @SQUAD, @nestor or @UomoCapra? Someone please?

Edited by RogerCoyote

3 hours ago, RogerCoyote said:

I respectfully disagree with @Matuchkin. SQUAD sold the game as a full release on consoles, so it is responsible to deliver a finished product. The game on consoles on it's actual status is far from finished. That its the problem and it's worse for the silence of SQUAD; let aside Flying Tiger, SQUAD must say something and take care of their users on consoles.

Where are @SQUAD, @nestor or @UomoCapra? Someone please?

Good point.

I guess at this point there are only a few things that console players can do now:

1. Try and get a refund for the game, and ward off potential buyers so they don't have to suffer too.

2. Wait for the patch that is (maybe) in the works, and hope for the best.

3. Forget about the game, and wait a few months to see if anything improves.

4. Chase up SQUAD/FTE to find out what exactly is going on behind the scenes, and which party is the cause of all this grief.

The whole thing has been an absolute mess, I just hope that SQUAD can live up to their reputation and fix this. And I really hope the whole thing wasn't a planned cash-grab (I'd imagine that's not the case, even though it looks so).

16 hours ago, V7 Aerospace said:

I guess at this point there are only a few things that console players can do now:

1. Try and get a refund for the game, and ward off potential buyers so they don't have to suffer too.

2. Wait for the patch that is (maybe) in the works, and hope for the best.

3. Forget about the game, and wait a few months to see if anything improves.

4. Chase up SQUAD/FTE to find out what exactly is going on behind the scenes, and which party is the cause of all this grief.

The whole thing has been an absolute mess, I just hope that SQUAD can live up to their reputation and fix this. And I really hope the whole thing wasn't a planned cash-grab (I'd imagine that's not the case, even though it looks so).

I've tried the first option and i have no answer from Squad or PSN.

The second option i'm doing now, but is really sad :'(

The third option i've did for loooong months, nothing.

The fourth option is what are we doing now, but they just don't respond!

I'm not a hater, i'm just a sad player who loves kerbal and whants to play, more than that, i'm a person who bought a game which doesn't work :/

6 hours ago, DRMSquared said:

Honestly, I feel a class action lawsuit is the answer... I've sent the support team 3 emails and still no answer, I also asked if I could swap out the ps4 version I bought for 40 bucks for the pc version, still no answer... So yes, class action lawsuit sounds good...

I've actually given up on this game ever being fixed. What bothers me is that it's still on the stores ripping people off.  A class action suit seems like the only option left to us.

Didn't all but one developer quit squad after 1.2 came out? 

Even if they hired all new staff, it's going to take a long time for them to get up to  speed on the code.  It takes a long time when you're only training one new employee. 7 new employees with one Jr guy to train them all in? Good luck. 

I would not expect any thing for quite a long time. 

On 11/16/2016 at 4:31 PM, ericjaakkola said:

Didn't all but one developer quit squad after 1.2 came out?

No.  Squad have stated that they had started recruiting new people before 1.2 came out.  In any case, as far as the console ports are concerned, it's Flying Tiger that is (supposedly) doing the work and we know virtually nothing about their staff (how many are actually working on KSP, their experience etc.)...

On 11/16/2016 at 4:31 PM, ericjaakkola said:

I would not expect any thing for quite a long time.

Despite (and given) the above, I agree with this, I'm not going to expect a fix for some time, that way I'll get to be pleasantly surprised if one does show up...

To everyone crying on this.   ur posting on forms where most of us have been playing ksp from the dawn of civilization.   it's originally a pc game, there will be growing pains.   calm down.   squad is a good company and they are working on the issues.    if you have never worked in computer programing or game design.   I'll help enlighten you.     

1. Consul is a consul not a pc.   the operating systems are different.   the code in ways is different(this was a huge issue years ago with Linux version verse windows version with stability in 64 bit).   this means they have to reinvent the wheel,   this means when Playstation comes out with an update and it breaks Playstation version but doesn't break pc, they have to find the screw up.   not as easy as it sounds, this could mean rewriting the entire code where other consul games would not be effected.   I can guarantee that the pc version is coded entirely different than the consul versions of the game and pc is there prime market.  

2. the reason most of you haven't gotten a squad response is because I can guarantee there inboxs have been flooded with emails once it happened.  where there build should of worked but then it didn't.

3.  the reason it's still on the market is because they know how to fix it but are working on it.

4. good luck on class action lawsuit ,  you should probably read the fine print before purchasing a game and secondly the company last I checked was based outta Mexico.

Lastly if you relax im pretty sure the game will be fixed and that squad is working on  it and it was more than likely something out of there control, they are not a giant company like other Playstation developers so give them time

13 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

1. Consul is a consul not a pc.   the operating systems are different.   the code in ways is different(this was a huge issue years ago with Linux version verse windows version with stability in 64 bit).   this means they have to reinvent the wheel,   this means when Playstation comes out with an update and it breaks Playstation version but doesn't break pc, they have to find the screw up.   not as easy as it sounds, this could mean rewriting the entire code where other consul games would not be effected.   I can guarantee that the pc version is coded entirely different than the consul versions of the game and pc is there prime market.

Most of this is not accurate (especially the "coded entirely differently" part). KSP was originally available on Windows, Linux, and Mac in the first place because it's built on a game engine called Unity, which lists 27 different supported platforms on its web site, including PS4 and the X Box One. In an application that uses Unity, most of the code will run just fine on any of those supported platforms, because Unity has already done the hard work of accounting for variations from one to another.

Of course that does not mean that a port is trivial, or that simply changing the compilation target and fixing the odd glitch here or there will result in a playable game. Flying Tiger Entertainment did have to re-do certain things where KSP's developers assumed a PC platform, notably parts of the UI (where a mouse and keyboard was assumed but a console provides controllers) and the save system (where a normal PC disk environment was assumed but a console provides some kind of space-limited cloud-based storage system with a weird upload/download API). Since these are the biggest pieces of new or changed code in the console ports, they're also the most likely to have problems in early releases of the ports. And so they have.

But back on topic, most of KSP is the same across platforms. Nobody had to re-write the parts that calculate orbits, or engine thrust, or atmospheric heating, or the sound, or the animations, or anything else that works mostly the same across platforms, as long as cross-platform Unity APIs were used to implement those features.

@NemesisBosseret: This has been brought up before recently: telling PS/XBOX buyers of a product that doesn't work to "calm down" isn't helping anyone.

While I understand your point, that complaining here won't help their situation, it's not up to you to simply tell them to chill and wait things turn all right, because, frankly, they have no reason to believe your words on that matter. And your reassuring words, "I can guarantee", mean nothing, unless you have access to privileged information.

26 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

@HebaruSan if it's not correct on the base programing on unity 4.0 to unity 5.0 explain the issues with Windows 64 bit being unstable where 64 bit Linux worked?   because for them to upgrade from the old unity engine to the new where 64 bit was stable, took months of rewriting that code you said didn't change.

You've somewhat intermingled two separate topics here.

Updating from Unity 4 to Unity 5 required extensive changes because the Unity developers decided to break backwards compatibility in Unity 5. This means that code that was valid and worked in Unity 4 broke on Unity 5, including much of KSP. This is not related to cross-platform ports; the exact same changes were needed to update the Windows version from Unity 4 to Unity 5 as were needed to update the Linux version from Unity 4 to Unity 5, because the old and new APIs were the same for both of those platforms.

64-bit was stable on Linux and unstable on Windows under Unity 4 because of problems internal to Unity 4 and its support for 64-bit Windows. (I suspect it's "Fixed StackOverflowException handling on 64-bit Windows", but I don't know that for sure: https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/unity-5.0) The fix was to update from Unity 4 to Unity 5, because of fixes and improvements made to Unity itself, not to write code in KSP that did things one way on Windows 64-bit and another way on Linux 64-bit.

The takeaway in both cases is that the same code runs on all platforms. (Except, of course, for the already-noted limited specific changes that were made to support consoles.)

Until we hear from SQUAD and/or FTE regarding the future status of the console releases, we must either remain patient or flood Microsoft or Sony with refund requests.

Some of us feel duped, betrayed, conned, or even misled into buying this version of KSP. Venting is a perfectly normal reaction and this is the forum to vent. Technical game development discussions (with proper spelling & grammar) are fun and all, but action is what needs to happen or developers will continue to release poorly developed products.

Again, we have two choices on consoles: sit tight or request a refund.

Love you all,

Floby

Edited by Floby

Whoever is also on the xbox, please give this game a bad rating through the marketplace rating and explain all the problems it's having so people won't be buying this unfinished broken repurposed bovine waste until Squad, Flying Tigers or just anyone manages to fix it.

If you think only 4 months is bad, you should see the anger of ps3 users on the trion worlds defiance forums because the dlc trophies have been broken for nearly 3 years now with them promising a patch since originally reported.

I love KSP a lot, but the corrupted saves and the one glitched trophy has made it so I haven't touched the game in months.

22 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Whoever is also on the xbox, please give this game a bad rating through the marketplace rating and explain all the problems it's having so people won't be buying this unfinished broken repurposed bovine waste until Squad, Flying Tigers or just anyone manages to fix it.

I did this a while ago, but there are so many positive reviews on the marketplace that the negative reviews just get buried. I saw a couple other bad reviews warning people of this buggy mess, but the reviews are just too mixed. There actually seems to be more positive than negative reviews. 

The game is going to be on sale in Xbox's Black Friday sale (33% off) soon, so I am sure that they will end up selling even more copies of this broken mess before they fix it. 

For those of us who paid full price for this unfinished game, who believed Squad when they said they would come out with a timely fix, who have been denied refunds by Microsoft and Sony, and have been ignored by Squad and Flying Tiger, it's just another slap in the face. We should really expect the worst from these people at this point. Remember when Squad said that they would have to prove themselves to us? Hahaha.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.