How long does it takes to open KSP with full RO mod?

forewing

17 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

If you use a SSD? Seconds, likely.

If you use a HDD? 3 eons.

are you sure, i'm running on an SSD and have to wait minutes not only a few seconds ... 
Running KSP on different Setups (Mac,Linux,Windows) all with RO, since 1.2 is out playing without RO

50 minutes ago, michal.don said:

I'm sorry, but I don't think I follow. Are you talking about starting RO with different texture settings, or am I missing your point completely? :)

Sorry, too. What I said may goes too far. I just add a question about starting RO with different texture settings . The main topic is just as simple as "How long".:)

43 minutes ago, DrLicor said:

Maybe he's talking about this, I've no experience with it. But when going to DDS-loader, is says it's a stock feature now.. 
However, for my my full startup is about 15min.. :confused:, just    to    many   mods. And no SSD

Yes. And thanks for helping give the link.:)

Edited by forewing
edit

On 11/8/2016 at 4:11 PM, forewing said:

It always takes me 3 min.

In my (non-SSD) experience, it depends a lot on the amount of part packs you dump into it. I don't know if module manager and the number of patches it comes up with are the actual culprit or only a useful proxy, but load times for me increase by about 90 seconds for every 10k patches.

You're making me want to install RO just to check.

I'm on a SSD & when I first installed KSP 1.2 prerelease with no mods it was loading up in around 8 seconds. Now I'm running about 10-12 mods & it takes ~15 seconds to load up. I dont know what RO would do to that though. Apparently completely destroy it based on other people's experiences with it. :wink:

Edited by RX2000

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.