Overhaul Colliders

As quoted in the KSP weekly, tere will be an orverhaul of the part for the colliders:

Furthermore, we received some feedback regarding the efficiency of the colliders. For those who don’t know, collider components define the shape of an object for the purposes of physical collisions and how objects interact with each other within the game. Optimizing the shapes of the colliders can improve the performance of a game, since there is less computational effort to calculate any interaction between these objects. As KSP has been developed by many different hands, there is some inconsistency on how colliders were shaped for many parts, and so, a collider hunt began to see which parts need some tweaking. Soon, we’ll let you know which parts are going to be fixed, so if you have observations regarding colliders on specific parts, now it’s a good time share.

In designing my mod mk1-cabin-hatch and with the help of users, i noticed that maybe a check for the airlock and ladder could be great too while you are at it, there is some inconstitency, sometime kerbal are really far from the ladder, some hatch are useless ( gameplay purpose?), etc...

Fuy4fqY.png

the yellow long bar on top is a ladder but unusable, maybe too deep in the part collider? and the side hatch are fakes useless,( i added the green and red colliders myself in my mod , there isn't anytrhing here in stock)

WZ8ETjS.png

on the scientist lab, i think the part collider is too complex and maybe consume too much ressources, the the lkerbal on the laddr also has the rungs in his mouth.:P

that's my small contribution to help you, keep this amazing game still amazing!

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.