[1.2.2] SKM - EveRevamp + JoolSystemTweaks + KerbinSystemRevamp

SmashingKirby148

Welcome to SKM! Or Smashing Kirby's Modifications! Here you will find little tweaks to the stock system of Kerbal Space Program that I thought would be better to have. Click the spoilers for each mod! Enjoy!

JoolSystemTweaks:

Spoiler

This is a very simple mod, which changes the stock system by spacing Jools moons out a bit, swapping Vall and Eeloo since Eeloo looks more like Europa and also changes Dres' name to Cres as a Callisto analogue for Jool, meaning Dres has become the fourth major moon. In fact, it is so simple, I'm not sure if it will need pictures, but they will be added if necessary. If OPM is installed, Vall will orbit around Sarnus where Eeloo used to, and Eeloo will orbit Jool maintaining the edits made to it by OPM.

88SkYXr.png

Changes:

• Laythe has spaced out from Jool a small bit and has a sphere of influence increase to compensate.
  • Vall and Eeloo have swapped places and spaced out correctly.
  • Tylo is spaced out a bit too.
  • Dres is put into orbit around Jool with a new name, Cres, to suit a Callisto analogue.
  • Bop spaced out.
  • Pol spaced out.
  • All bodies except Bop and Pol have been rescaled to their real life counter parts.
  • OPM Support!

Download the mod:

http://spacedock.info/mod/1049/SmashingKirby's Modifications

EveRevamp:

Spoiler

This mod changes the Eve system by scaling it down slightly smaller than Kerbin. It also has 0.8g of gravity but has the same atmosphere. Name is changed to Villia, and Gilly has been removed from the Villia system. Instead, Gilly has been moved around Duna as a Deimos analogue, renamed Demi, and Ike has been renamed to Cykel and is a Charon analogue for Eeloo. If OPM is installed Cykel will move to the asteroid belt where Dres is.

dbRT1oU.png 

Changes:

• Eve renamed to Villia, scaled down just below Kerbin sized, 0.8g of gravity.
  • Gilly moved over to Duna, renamed Demi.
  • Ike moved over to Eeloo, renamed Cykel.
  • OPM Support!

Download the mod:

http://spacedock.info/mod/1067/SmashingKirby's Modifications - EveRevamp

Only want the Eve Revamp Part? Get this version called EveRevampLite instead! Requested by @eloquentJane:)

Removed Temporarily as there appears to be issues with it working properly that I can't figure out.

KerbinSystemRevamp:

Spoiler

This mod moves the Mun out and resizes it. It also takes Minmus and makes it an outer moon of Duna, and renames it to Phobi. If EveRevamp is installed, Phobi relocates inward for Demi.

nPnNZVY.png

Changes:

• Moves the Mun further out.
  • Resizes the Mun.
  • Places Minmus around Duna
  • Renames Minmus to Phobi.

Download the mod:

http://spacedock.info/mod/1124/SmashingKirby's Modifications - KerbinSystemRevamp

Thanks to:

@CaptRobau for giving me permission to add OPM Support!
@The White Guardian for helping me on numerous occasions, and generally being my main guide for Kopernicus. :)
@eloquentJane for the idea of EveRevampLite!
EVERYONE on the Kopernicus thread who helped me too! :D

To do list:

To space Demi out further Done!
To make more modifications

Kopernicus is a dependency for all of my mods. You can get that here:

88x31.png All of my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by SmashingKirby148
Update - New Mod!

16 hours ago, ddavis425 said:

I like the one that moves Gilly to Duna but I think it should be a bit farther away so that the SOI can be bigger. Not to make it easier to rendezvous with but to make it more time warp friendly.

Oh god, I actually only realised what you mean now. Never noticed the SOI was reduced to 24km 8O

How are you doing with the version that only shrinks and renames Eve without altering any moons? I don't need it for a while, but it is something I'd like to play around with.

As for the standard version of the mod, perhaps a nice idea would be to add a Phobos analogue in semisynchronous orbit of Duna? I suspect it would have to be a new celestial body, unless you'd be willing to move Pol or Bop, and it would definitely help to make the Duna system more like Mars. Although, considering the fact that that wouldn't be an Eve system modification, perhaps it would necessitate a new mod to move things around for Duna.

3 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

How are you doing with the version that only shrinks and renames Eve without altering any moons? I don't need it for a while, but it is something I'd like to play around with.

As for the standard version of the mod, perhaps a nice idea would be to add a Phobos analogue in semisynchronous orbit of Duna? I suspect it would have to be a new celestial body, unless you'd be willing to move Pol or Bop, and it would definitely help to make the Duna system more like Mars. Although, considering the fact that that wouldn't be an Eve system modification, perhaps it would necessitate a new mod to move things around for Duna.

Sorry, honestly forgot about it. ^^; it's done though and it's going up now. :)

Also, YES! This is a good idea! I was kind of running out of ideas for mods so this is a big plus! Although, it might be too similar to @Xenonclaves "Moons of Duna" if I added one, and moving Bop would knock the number of Jool moons to four (or five with JST installed) so I'll have to look into it. :)

Just now, SmashingKirby148 said:

it might be too similar to @Xenonclaves "Moons of Duna" if I added one

I don't think it would, since Xenonclave makes stock-like additions whilst your mods are intended to make the Kerbol system more similar to the real solar system. Though perhaps it might make sense to either make several separate mods that alter each planet to make them more like the real solar system, or to make one large mod that contains all modifications you make for that purpose. And if you do make a Phobos analogue, perhaps Minmus would be a good option to use for it rather than a Joolian moon (as that would also have the added effect of making the Kerbin system more like Earth).

And thanks for making that version that only modifies Eve. I'll test it out now to make sure it works with the other planet mods I'm using.

2 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I don't think it would, since Xenonclave makes stock-like additions whilst your mods are intended to make the Kerbol system more similar to the real solar system. Though perhaps it might make sense to either make several separate mods that alter each planet to make them more like the real solar system, or to make one large mod that contains all modifications you make for that purpose. And if you do make a Phobos analogue, perhaps Minmus would be a good option to use for it rather than a Joolian moon (as that would also have the added effect of making the Kerbin system more like Earth).

And thanks for making that version that only modifies Eve. I'll test it out now to make sure it works with the other planet mods I'm using.

No problem! I've been slightly regretting this, but I'm gonna try and move Minmus like you said, but edit it... which could be a challenge... ^^;

1 minute ago, eloquentJane said:

I have found an...interesting effect.

vktSoki.jpg

1M1m5yT.jpg

I may try to install Sigma Dimensions and use that to shrink Eve instead, assuming it's updated.

...Oh.

This is weird. I thought I fixed it when I realised that it created a new folder called EveRevamp instead of EveRevampLite, but I changed the config to say EveRevampLite, and I have deleted the Cache for it to generate a new one. I have checked and corrected all folder names, and yet every time I go in-game to the KSC scene, it's all black... why does this stuff always happen to me. ._.

@SmashingKirby148 I don't think so, no. But thank you for trying to get it working.

Also, speaking of which, when I tried to install EveRevampLite and Eve was still there, your version had a slightly different orbital inclination to the regular Eve (or perhaps it was a different longitude of ascending node or argument of periapsis, it's hard to tell sometimes). I am wondering if this is intentional, and if not it may be beneficial to check the usual orbital specifics for Eve if you are picky about what inclination Villia ends up with. Obviously that doesn't make major changes to gameplay, but I suppose it depends on how precise you want to be.

Edited by eloquentJane

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.