[1.2x] Outer Planets Mod Plus - Version 1.0

_Augustus_

So a lot of us really love the planet pack Outer Planets Mod. But I felt like there were some holes. So I began to fill them.

Introducing the Outer Planets Mod Plus pack! 

svDh2Ra.png

Overview

Outer Planets Mod Plus currently adds one moon, Thump, orbiting Sarnus. Here's some info:

Spoiler

Radius - 162 KM

Surface Gravity - 0.74 G

Semi Major Axis - 292065 KM

Orbital Inclination - 15

I created Thump to be a sort of Iapetus analog. OPM's Wal does have the equatorial ridge, but it overall didn't have the same feel as a proper Iapetus analog to me. Thump is inspired by both Saturn's moons Rhea and Iapetus (colors, craters, mountains), along with PlanetFactory's Thud (high gravity, large crater). The Sarnus-facing side of Thump is smooth (albeit cratery), and the other is jagged, full of ridges and canyons. Thump is even more of a pain to explore than Tylo despite it's small size!

Required Mods

Outer Planets Mod Plus, of course, requires both Kopernicus and OPM.

Download Kopernicus

Download OPM

Download

Download At SpaceDock

License - GNU GPL V3

9 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I like the idea of this! It's quite light at the moment, but I would love to see it include more moons, as well as dwarf planets.

Maybe even Planet Nine?

The Revamped Stock System mod adds a Makemake analog, and GregroxMun's Planet 9 is better than anything I can make. I'm definitely doing an Eris analog.

7 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

finally it's here, thank you, can't wait for the visual enhancement mode of it

?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.