The Battle of Kerbin (Finale: Traitors and the End, A Fond Farewell, Jeb's Goodbye, and a Note from the Author)

DarkOwl57

The third book in my series. The nations of the planet of Eve have decided that the planet of Kerbin is too violent, and must be destroyed. In a brave quest to defend their planet, the Kerbals must fight for survival, and for the lives that they know and love. With a star-studded cast, prepare yourself for...

l1tH6lR.png

Written by: DarkOwl57

Chapter 1: Contact

Chapter 2: The Entrance of the Evians

Chapter 3: First Blood

Chapter 4: The World Kongress

Chapter 5: Haydi's Return

Chapter 6: To Space!

Chapter 7: The 'Battle'

Chapter 8: On the Surface

Chapter 9: Going Home

Chapter 10: Trouble

Chapter 11: Wernher von Santa Klaus

Chapter 12/13: Peace?/The Defensive

Chapter 14: The Battle

Chapter 15: Predator and Prey

Chapter 16 & 17: Saga of the Orbital Weapons

Chapter 18: Clash of the Titans

Chapter 19: Phased Out

Chapter 20: To Space!!! (Again)

Chapter 21: The Last Battle

Finale: Traitors and the End, A Fond Farewell, Jeb's Goodbye, and a Note From the Author

More to come soon! :D

(Maybe) 

Edited by DarkOwl57

14 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

Yes! Behold, the next great author of mission reports! :D

Oh, I am by far NOT the next great author. (Maybe 15th or 16th next)

OH! I am back from a weekend vacation, and to celebrate, I AM CREATING A NEW SERIES! (And no, I (Hope) This won't affect the uploads of The Battle of Kerbin or the Second Great war.) The series is called: Cross Kountry. In this story, a group of explorers has to drive a vehicle to the North Pole, to the edge of the Atoll Island, and back to the KSC. Stay tuned for more announcements.

2 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

Let's see, kuzzter, just Jim, cydonian monk, unusual attitude, the epic squared, adsii1970, and probably one I forgot. So this puts you in about 7th of 8th place?

Forgot Draconiator

THE FIRST CHAPTER!!!!!

Just so you guys know, I plan to upload every chapter as I type it. And I have a helluva lot of words in just the first 2 chapters! (2230-ish to be exact) Hope you guys love it! :D

Chapter 1

Contact

Time: 09:00 Hours, 1 Week later

Jeb sat back in his chair and sipped the smoothie drink on the table. This is the life, he thought as his computer popped up with the Kype call.

“Hey, honey.” Jeb said to Val back at the home. “Hi.” She grinned, sitting down at the breakfast table. “How’s it going over there?” She asked as she drank a glass of orange juice. “Well, the usual; Perfect weather, perfect water.” Jeb wistfully replied, looking at the ocean.

“Well, when yohjhkhvy-” Val said, before the screen went staticky and the audio garbled. “You there?” Jeb asked as he looked at the screen. Val appeared a moment later, looking confused. “The heck was thyuilajhs-” The screen messed up again, before another person appeared.

This person, who stared straight into the screen, had a crisp, black uniform on, with a strange patch on the shoulder. But it wasn’t the uniform that confused him. This person, who stood in front of a stormy window, with a frothing ocean behind him, had blue skin.

“Greetings, people of Kerbin. I am Tacloi Eviano, head speaker for the Evian Council. I am here before you today to tell you about a decision that has recently taken place. All of the nations of Eve were unanimous in this decision, which is this: We will come to destroy all kerbals.

“This decision was reached, after our race discovered your increased violence rate, and tendency to fight in World Wars. With our superior vehicles and technology, we shall wipe the Kerbals off the face of the universe. You have now been warned.” The screen cut to black, and Val’s terrified face appeared on the screen.

“Did you get that too?” She asked, typing in a message. Jeb nodded. “Yeah, I got it.”

“What does this mean?” Val cried out, feverishly typing. Jeb swallowed, and grimly replied, “I think it was a declaration. I think we’re once again at war.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Time: 18:00 Hours EST (Evian Standard Time)

Tacloi looked out the window and frowned at the massive storm outside. The fact that he had just sent the poor planet of Kerbin into Another war made him feel a little sick. But no matter. It was for the greater good.

“Ah, Sampa? Can you get me a cup of coffee?” he asked his assistant, who scurried off to get him a cup. Thunder rumpled outside, and Tacloi shivered a little as the office heater automatically sensed his discomfort.

“Here you go, sir.” Sampa said as she set the cup down. “Thank you,” He took a sip of the rich Kerbal drink. “Could I have some cream to go with this?” Sampa scurried off, and returned a moment later with a container of what was the Evian equivalent of milk.

“Will that be all sir?” Sampa asked. Tacloi waved his hand, and she walked off. Just as he began to look out at what was known as Superstorm Quinton, Tacloi noticed his desk was glowing.

“Answer call,” He commanded, making the desktop raise into a large screen. “Sepif. How are you doing?” Tacloi asked, nodding towards the person now on the screen. “Good. Listen, we need you to oversee the production of the interplanetary bomber. You good for say 5 tomorrow?” Sepif asked, looking over her notes. Tacloi sighed, and rubbed his temple.

“Well, to be honest-“ He tried to say, before Sepif interrupted with a “Thanks! See you there!” The screen shut off, and Tacloi moaned. Why couldn’t that Evian just wait for 5 seconds? He contacted the person transporter to pick him up. If he was going to see that bomber, he was going to need some sleep.

Time: 09:10 Hours

“Gene! What the heck was that thing?!” Jeb yelled into his phone. “I have no idea Jeb. I’m thinking that it had something to do with what happened a few weeks ago.” Gene said, not bothering with the whole business of ‘Hello’.

“Wait.. Refresh my memory. What happened a few weeks ago?” Jeb asked, walking to his car, which he was going to take back to the airport so he could fly home. “A satellite was blown up in high orbit, and I thought that someone or something from another planet had taken it out.” Gene replied, looking over his data.

“I’m on the way there; give me about 45 minutes, and I’ll be back at the KSC.” Jeb ended the call and opened the car door. The engine started up, giving a nice whine like all sports cars do. And as soon as he buckled in and checked that his luggage was all secure, he raced off to the airport.

Whelp.... I have the second chapter ready and awaiting release into the great world....

Permission to fire the Chapter 2 cannon rounds?

*Permission granted*

FIRE AT WILL!!!

Chapter 2

The Entrance of the Evians

Time: 10:00 Hours

Jeb gracefully landed back at the KSC, skittering the plane to a stop. He jumped out of the plane, and ran into Gene’s office. Gene was sitting in his office, looking at some data on his laptop. Jeb silently walked up behind him, and looked at the screen.

“Whatchya doing?” Jeb asked, making Gene give a minor jump. “Trying to find out where that transmission came from,” Gene muttered, not taking his eyes off the screen. “Currently, I have reports of the same transmission, at the same time, from other cities in the NSK, the USK, the Eastern Empire, TAPE, Slavisnia, Petlof, Penguinia, Dystrios, the Jesalian Empire, and Agonarch Imperium.” Gene said, pointing at a world map.

“So basically the whole world.” Jeb finished, sitting down. “Exactly,” Gene nodded, confirming what Jeb was fearing. “So… What do we do? It isn’t like we can just send a group of fighter jets over there,” Jeb asked, stumped as to how to work this out.

Gene pulled out a large file from his desk. “We prepare.”

Time: 12:30 Hours, 4 Months later

“Watch that crossfire,” Jeb instructed, looking at the targets. A group of army trainees and fighter pilots alike had been working on new weapons, now testing the new UNK-AR25, a new machine gun/rifle combination. A small SSTO zoomed miles overhead, practicing it’s re-entry techniques. Re-entry looks weird from this angle, Jeb thought as he saw the flames shooting off the sides of the craft.

“Got it!” A pilot exclaimed as the target went down. The other pilots groaned as they got up from their kneeling positions. “Good job. Now remember: We need as much accuracy as possible to attack these… Things.” Jeb said to all of them as they circled him. “So just work on your aim. Class dismissed.” Jeb clapped as the group dispelled.

“Wait! What’s that?” A member asked as they looked up. Jeb tilted his head up, and saw a huge flaming ball zooming across the sky at mach 4. At first glance, it looked like a SSTO in training. But at a closer look, Jeb saw a huge box, with engines and an apparent cargo bay.

“All units! Follow me!” Jeb called out orders as he put the gun in it’s sling on his back and began to run at an area close to where he thought the thing would land. “Gene! Watch whatever that thing is up there,” Jeb radioed as the craft slowed down, removing the flames.

“On it. Watch it Jeb; No one’s let us know about a new vessel inbound.” Fan-[Censored]-tastic, Jeb thought as he continued to run near to the beach off the KSC. This strange vessel flew to a stop, deploying airbrakes and parachutes. The craft’s lights illuminated an area just to the left of the monolith, which was on of the strangest things on the planet.

The engines of the craft activated, turning this boxy thing into a VTOL. As the craft set down, the group grabbed their rifles, and aimed them at what looked like the main door. The doors opened, and steam expelled from the opening. Then, with lights ablaze and smoke pouring out, a silhouette appeared with it’s hands raised.

“Don’t shoot! I’m unarmed,” The figure called out, slowly stepping out of the vehicle. “Just come out here and we’ll see,” Jeb replied, still aiming at the open door. The person stepped out, and Jeb had to do a double take at what he saw. There, standing in front of him, was an alien like thing with blue skin.

“My name… Is Tacklok Eviano.” The person said, still raising it’s hands. “Where did you come from?” Jeb questioned, looking for any weapons. “Could you maybe put those things away? You’re scaring the living daylight out of me at the moment,” Tacklok was shaking as he saw 5 very lethal looking weapons. Jeb put the rifle in the sling, and the rest of the trainees followed suit.

“Thank you. I’m Tacklok Eviano, and I come from Eve. I brought you guys some tools, some tech; Even some of our weapons.” Tacklok said as he looked back at the boxes in the ship.

“Do your… People know that you’re here?” Jeb asked, stepping towards the new ship. “Uh… Kind of.” Tacklok strained, shifting from foot to foot. “Well that doesn’t sound convincing at all.” Jeb looked at the ship, noticing a few burn marks on the side.

“Well… There was a minor problem-“ Tacklok started, before looking up at the sky. “Oh no,” He groaned as he saw a fireball similar to what he had made in the sky above. I swear if she’s done this… Tacklok thought as the ball grew closer.

“This one of your ships?” Jeb nodded to the sky. “If it’s who I think it is… Then yes.” Tacklok responded, going into his ship for a moment before grabbing a bright red stick.

He snapped the stick, which began to emit red smoke, similar to a flare. A few moments later, the newest ship touched down, about 15 meters from where the other ship was. The main doors opened, and another Evian stepped out of the plane, this one a girl.

“Hello everyone,” She grinned as Tacklok looked at her sourly. “What are you doing here?” He asked as the girl shook the hands of Jeb and the other soldiers.

“Oh, well I was in the neighborhood; Just thought I would stop by.” She smiled. “What about the plan? You were supposed to cover for me until I could get back!” Tacklok exclaimed as he waved his hands about. “Oh, shut up about the plan. I figured it was blown Taall high when I saw those Space Patrol vehicles drifting around.” She smiled as Tack blushed. “They… Got in the way.” He rushed, looking down at his shoes. “Well, either way, neither of us are going back there any time soon.” She stared at him. “Mister fugitive.”

“Wait.. So you aren’t supposed to be here?” Jeb asked, breaking the somewhat awkward silence between the two. “Yeah. And them Miss Sepka Eviano over here decides to be the heroine of the day.” Tacklok finished, not looking at her. “Hah! That’s funny. If it weren’t for me, you wouldn’t even have had a ship to get here!” She shouted, elevating her voice a few octaves. 

“Are you two related?” Jeb asked, looking at them both. “She’s my girlfriend, and stubborn as she is, she’s still nice.” Sepka kicked him in the knee, and said “I turned him down the first few times, but he couldn’t resist.” She smiled, giving him a big hug.

“So… how do we work this out?” Jeb asked, hearing a car drive up behind him. Valentina stepped out, carrying a gun and a furious expression.

“JEB!” She shouted, seeing the two aliens looking at her. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! SHOOT THEM!” She pulled out her gun, and took aim. “Wait!” Jeb shouted, and took the gun out of her hands.

“They’re good guys. I think.” Jeb said, pocketing the gun. “But they’re the enemy!” Val tried to get the gun back, but to no avail. “Jeb! Kerblord curse you.” She muttered, still reaching for the gun that Jeb held over his head. Fortunately, the fact that he was about 5 inches taller than her helped in this situation.

“And my guess is that she’s yours?” Tacklok asked, looking at the two. “It speaks?” Val sarcastically asked, still jumping for the gun. “Yup.” Jeb nodded, still not taking his eyes off Valentina.

“So… I brought some tools to help you guys,” Tacklok said, going to the back to the cargo ship. “I got blasters, cartridges, armor. Engines, Fuel, Batteries…” He cycled through the checklist on the door. Jeb walked in and breather out, “Whoah.”

In large crates, there were futuristic looking weapons, vests, different types of Engines and battery packs. And on one shelf, there was a strange looking ammo box with a label on it.

“Warning: Lasers could cause serious injury and death if not handled properly,” Jeb read as he shook the box. “Don’t do that!” Tacklok exclaimed as he sprinted over to take the box out of Jeb’s hand. “You want to be killed?” he asked as he set the box back down.

Fortunately, as they continued to look at the new tech, nothing exploded.

The first attack is always the worst...

Chapter 3

First Blood

Time: 13:00 Hours

The bomber silently glided through the sky, making it’s best attempt not to be spotted. Siloo cursed himself that he couldn’t attack in the night, but the location of the target and the ships orbit path would not allow for a good attack at night time without being spotted. The bay doors silently opened up, revealing an arsenal of massive bombs and anti-ground missiles.

The bombs released from the bay, making a slight click as they left their rails. Siloo quickly turned the plane around, and kicked the throttle up to max, attempting to get out of the atmosphere as soon as possible, where he would meet with the hyperdrive ring to take him back to Eve.

Below, the coastal town of Penn City was nice and peaceful; A slight wind, but nothing too bad. Beachgoers and swimmers rubbed in sunscreen and lounged under umbrellas, enjoying the perfect weather. Children laughed and splashed around in the pristine blue water, diving into waves and cheering on surfers who caught the perfect waves.

This was all interrupted when the sounds of the air raid sirens blared out their long, loud single tone, alerting the people to evacuate to the bunkers. Unfortunately, the city had gotten rid of their bunkers after the Second Great War, since no one thought they would be of any use. What had once been a peaceful setting turned into chaos, as people screamed and ran for the water.

The bombs impacted the ground, exploding on contact and killing anyone within the radius of the explosion. Some bombs impacted the skyscrapers, causing them to collapse onto citizens below. Cluster bombs peppered the ground, creating even more carnage, trapping citizens inside the city. Light bombs slammed the beach, sending sand, smoke, and slightly sunburned Kerbals into the air. When the bombs finished falling, the cries for help began to ring out, filling the air.

Sirens from ambulances, fire trucks, and other emergency services began to scream through the city. Within minutes, the beach was filled with paramedics and doctors, healing the injured and putting others in stretchers to go into the ambulances. The beach that was just 5 minutes ago a pristine and elegant tourist magnet had been turned into a war zone, with wounded and dead strewn all over.

Builders and contractors dug people out of the debris from the collapsed buildings. The survivors crawled out of the wreckage, covered in dust and blood from cuts. The city was a huge disaster area, with over 250 Kerbals dead and over 500 wounded.

Everyone from the National Guard to the Red Kross ended up helping the survivors, rescuing people from the oceans and extracting others from debris and ruins. However, no matter how much work was done, one fact still remained. The Evians did it, and the Kerbals wanted revenge.

To put an image in a post, you first have to upload it to an external site like Imgur. Once it's finished uploading, right click on it and click "copy image address". Then paste the link into your KSP forum post and the link should automatically turn into a picture. Hope that helps! :) 

CHAPTER 4 IS HERE!!!!! Now, I know what you're thinking; "@Darkowl57, Why haven't you put it up yet?" Well, your questions are about to be answered! See, 1, these chapters are about twice as long as the 'Second Great War' chapters (Almost; I mean, 2000 words in the first 2 chapters? Who does that?!), and so they take a tad longer to write. Also, (#2,) I had a football game that I got home at 11 pm from, and so I couldn't do much yesterday in the way of writing. But, no matter. Onwards to the world Kongress. Congress? United nations? meh, whatever. Here it is.

Chapter 4

The World Kongress

Time: 12:00 Hours, The next day

Jeb pulled his crisp jacket up and sniffed as he tried to get warm in the freezing cold building. he and Gene were both there, along with 20 other representatives from other nations all over the world, to discuss what happened to Penn City less than 24 hours ago. Gene kept on nervously going through his flash cards and checking his computer, a nervous habit which seemed impossible for him to break.

“Gene?” Jeb whispered as the other representatives murmured among themselves quietly. “Yeah?” Gene continued to shuffle and check, before Jeb put his hand on Gene’s shoulder. “It’s going to be fine,” Jeb smiled as the main speaker banged the gavel.

“Attention, Attention. May we please begin this presentation?” The main speaker, Sandra Kerman, said as she stood up at the head of the semi-circle room. The people in the room all slowly began to stop with their walking and whispering, and Sandra began a presentation.

“Thank you. As you all know, this is the first Kongress meeting, and as such, I only feel that it’s right to introduce each other. So, we’ll start with the National States, and go around.” Sandra said, looking up at Gene and Jeb. Just as they stood up though, a loud, angry voice called out,

“How about we worry about the bombing first?” Both Jeb and Gene looked around, and saw a very upset looking kerbal in a yellow suit standing up, papers clenched in his hand. “How about we worry about why we’re even here in the first place, and then introduce ourselves?”

“Um…” Sandra said, not knowing how to handle the situation. “I actually agree with him,” Jeb commented, not helping the situation at all. “Jeb,” Gene whispered out of the corner of his mouth in a warning tone.

“All in favor of going on about the bombing of Penn City?” Sandra called out, pressing a gray button on her podium. On the desks in front of the Representatives, a green button, a gray button, and a red button appeared. Jeb slapped the green button before Gene could consider.

All around the room, people pressed their buttons, and the result popped up on a big screen. 7 votes were for yes, one vote was for no, meaning that they would go ahead and begin. The representative from AI got up, and began his report.

“At around 13:00 hours, or one o’clock yesterday afternoon, the beaches and the coast front were bombarded, resulting in heavy casualties and loss of life. So far, according to our most recent approximations, there have been about 275 dead, 5 to 600 wounded, and over 63 missing. We have no idea what this vehicle was, as we couldn’t pick it up on our radar. If anyone has any idea what this thing might be, I would really appreciate it.” Gene pressed his microphone as the AI rep finished.

“I believe that I might have the solution to this,” Gene said as he pulled up a video on his computer. “I believe that it may have something to do with…” Gene pressed play on the video. “This.” The video played, and Jeb looked at the main screen, where the video that he had seen in Port-view was playing. 

“We have reason to suspect that these people- The Evians- are responsible for this attack.” Gene stopped the video and pulled up a map of the solar system. “Now, the video was transmitted about 4 months ago. According to our scientists and mathematicians, it would take about that same amount of time for an SSTO from Eve to get to Kerbin and attack.” Gene sat back down, and smiled at Jeb.

“Thank you Gene,” Sandra nodded towards the two. “And now, we are given the task of one, rebuilding Penn City. Our second challenge is to find a way to strike back. All in favor of launching a counter-strike against Eve, vote.” Jeb yet again slammed the button down, as did all 7 of the other nations.

“That settles it then. The United Nations of Kerbin shall begin preparations for a full-blown assault. Meeting adjourned,” Sandra slammed the gavel down, and the officials began their journeys back to their respective nations.

Time: 12:45 Hours

“Well that went well,” Jeb grinned, bouncing into the helicopter that was going to fly them back home. “Now Jeb, don’t you start. We had a plan, and-“ Gene began to point his finger at Jeb, before Jeb cut him off. “Oh, quit being such a spoilsport. We came here to do a job, and we did it.” Jeb waved his hand as he strapped into the pilot’s seat.

“But we had a plan,” Gene frowned, and got into the seat. “Alright, how about this deal; I will wait about half a second before pressing the buttons next time. Deal?” Jeb asked, throttling up the helicopter. “Well….. Okay,” Gene looked out the window, and reminded himself that this was a very delicate situation.

“Just remember to BE CAREFUL!” Gene shouted as the chopper zoomed off the ground and into the sky.

So, I had a plan for this story: The Evian's were going to attack, people die, yada yada yada. But then I watched the first Star Wars movie, and saw that scene with Leia and the hologram thing. And that gave me an idea. I decided that Haydi, in hologram form, could somehow come back to life. Then, when I envisioned this super-death-laser-thing, I knew exactly how this was going to happen. Enjoy :wink:

Chapter 5

Haydi’s Return

Time: 08:40 Hours, The next day

Jeb stepped out into the crisp morning air, and breathed in the smell of a fresh day. “The heck are you doing?” Bill asked, walking past him. “Can’t you smell it? The crisp morning dew, the tweeting of the birds, this is going to be a great day.”

“Yeah, I smell it alright; Jet fuel, hot tarmac, burnt rubber, nothing makes you feel quite like the KSC huh?” Bill sarcastically finished, laughing as he walked towards Tacklok’s ship. Jeb shrugged and followed him, appreciating the mornings at the KSC before the day got started.

“Get out!” Tacklok screamed, sprinting out of the ship, which was belching out ominous gray smoke. “What’s going on?” Bill asked as he walked over to the ship. “Don’t go any farther; You could get hit.” tack lock pushed Bill back about 15 meters away from the ship. “A high powered laser cannon was knocked off the shelf last night, and it could blow up, shooting out all it’s ammo.” Tacklok explained, nervously glancing at the ship.

“What’s so bad about it?” Jeb asked, silently laughing at how much everyone was freaking out. “Imagine every atom in your body being instantly disintegrated, killing you in less than an instant.” Tacklok replied in a steely tone. “Oh.” Jeb decided to take a couple steps back.

“So what are the good and bad outcomes?” Bill asked, looking at the smoke, which had turned a dark grey. “Bad outcome, the whole thing will explode, generating enough force to break the ship and send the death lasers all over the KSC, basically killing anyone and anything outside.” Tacklok explained, thinking over everything that could happen.

“And good outcomes?” Jeb asked, not liking the first answer. “Best-case scenario, the thing is going to expand, but overheat itself, causing the automatic shutdown to kick in,” Tacklok replied, hoping that it would happen. “That’s better,” Bill sighed, not wanting the death lasers at all.

“However, someone’s going to have to go in there and activate the emergency switch on the weapon, causing the shutdown process to begin.” Tacklok finished, embarrassed that this had even happened. “Well, I’m not going in there,” Bill said, putting his hand on his chest. “Not it,” Jeb said as well, backing away from the ship a few steps.

“Well… Who do we get to go in?” Tacklok asked, still not wanting to get into that death machine. And so, with nobody willing to get into the ship, Jeb decided to make a call.

Time: 09:00 Hours

“Jeb? What do you want?” Haydi’s hologram asked as Four rolled up next to Jeb. Even though she had died about half a year ago, Haydi had been able to live through Four as a hologram. Four, which had basically been turned into Jeb’s best friend, had been rescued by Jeb in Slavisnia, a nation which had been on the losing side of the Second Great War.

“I’m just sending Four in to disarm a death laser cannon in Tacklok’s ship,” Jeb said, looking at the ship. “Oh, no you don’t. I am not having Four go in there and get blown up by some futuristic death ray.” Haydi shook her head. “Actually, this type of cannon has been in production for a little over 10 years. It is our #1 weapon at this point.” Tacklok said, not helping the flow of the conversation.

“Why would you guys even build this kind of thing?” Haydi asked, turning to see who spoke. Tacklok blushed, and replied, “We had to create new weapons in case of war, and this was the first thing our scientists could think of.”

Four began to move forward, before being stopped by Haydi. “Stop right there.” She said, holding up her hand. Four, however, just rolled right through her. “Four!” She exclaimed, following him.

Four went into the cargo bay, and Haydi stayed at the entrance. “It’s looking good,” She said, relaying what Four saw to the group of three standing about 20 meters away. A low humming noise began to fill the air, at first quietly, but then it got louder and louder.

“Haydi… Get away from there,” Jeb warned, stepping back; a move which was followed by Bill and Tacklok. “It’s just fine. Nothing’s going to-“ Haydi said, before a loud PEOW filled the air.

“AIEEEEEEEEE!” Haydi screamed, flying through the air with her limbs cartwheeling. She landed on the ground with a thud, sending up grass and dirt. Four, on the other hand, had also been chucked into the sky, and crashed about 5 feet away from her, sparking and giving off a loud bunch of hissing.

“Haydi!” Jeb rushed over to her as Bill and Tacklok ran to Four. “Ow,” Haydi groaned, slowly getting up. Jeb took a couple steps back, shocked at what he saw. There, standing in front of him, was Haydi, but with skin.

“Um… Haydi?” Jeb asked. “Whoah. Hey, my vision’s not blue anymore!” Haydi exclaimed. “Oh, well my vision was always with a blue tint when I was a hologram,” She explained, noting the odd look on Jeb’s face.

“No, it’s not that. Look at your hands.” Jeb breathed, staring at Haydi. She looked at her arms, and looked just as shocked as Jeb. “How….” She breathed, feeling her face and arms. She looked up and grinned at Jeb.

“I’m solid again!” She shouted, jumping up and down. “I’m alive!! I’m alive, I’m alive I’m alive!” She began to run and jump around, feeling the wind and the grass beneath her. “What’s going on here-“ Bill asked as Tacklok righted Four, having fixed the sparking issue. “Haydi?!”

“WOOHOO!!!” She shouted, running up and giving each of them a great big hug. “I’m back!” Haydi shouted for the hundredth time, sprinting towards the KSC and shouting like a prisoner that had just escaped.

Did anyone catch the Ghost busters reference? Also, how do the people at the Kongress know what SSTO means?  and now 

TO WAR!  (again.) Mobilize the military! activate the reserves! Increase enlistment efforts! Put all aircraft into mass production! Work the factories and shipyards to the max! Build hyper sonic interceptors! Orbital weapons platforms! Mun and Minmus bases! Spacecraft carriers! Space Battleships! Eve assault landers! Eve bombers! Eve fighters! A space station to build the Eve invasion fleet!

1 hour ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

Did anyone catch the Ghost busters reference? Also, how do the people at the Kongress know what SSTO means?  and now 

TO WAR!  (again.) Mobilize the military! activate the reserves! Increase enlistment efforts! Put all aircraft into mass production! Work the factories and shipyards to the max! Build hyper sonic interceptors! Orbital weapons platforms! Mun and Minmus bases! Spacecraft carriers! Space Battleships! Eve assault landers! Eve bombers! Eve fighters! A space station to build the Eve invasion fleet!

1) What ghostbusters reference?

2) Everyone knows, as they almost all of them come from their nation's military efforts.

3) All these shall happen, as the Kerbals are VERY patriotic towards their wonderful planet :)

24 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

1) What ghostbusters reference?

2) Everyone knows, as they almost all of them come from their nation's military efforts.

3) All these shall happen, as the Kerbals are VERY patriotic towards their wonderful planet :)

1. This one:(i am surprised that it was unintended)

On 11/18/2016 at 11:27 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

“Imagine every atom in your body being instantly disintegrated, killing you in less than an instant.” Tacklok replied in a steely tone.

"It would be bad… Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.":D

2. Ah. I get it now.:science:

3. YYYYAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!:prograde:

Edited by Emperor of the Titan Squid

58 minutes ago, Emperor of the Titan Squid said:

1. This one:(i am surprised that it was unintended)

"It would be bad… Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.":D

2. Ah. I get it now.:science:

3. YYYYAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!:prograde:

OMG IT IS!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA

Quick update(s):

1) Sorry chapter 6 hasn't happened yet. I haven't finished typing it yet, but I feel like it's kinda close to finishing. (I don't know; I'm making it up as I go.)

2) Thanks for all the support on this; Means a whole lot that people actually look at this page.

3) Chapter 6 is coming soon! (I hope). Just got to get a few touches placed on and it should be good to go. :)

4) Also, this shows my OCD factor (Even I don't (Think) I have it): Haydi was supposed to come back to life in chapter 16. 16!!!!! I just honestly decided to screw up my entire planning cycle and write Haydi in... So yeah... :P

Edited by DarkOwl57

So, I finally have it! It's been.... Hang on.

*Checks for when the last chapter happened*

About 4 days..... Feels longer.

Anyways, CHAPTER 6!!!

Chapter 6

To Space!

Time: 09:30 Hours, 2 Weeks Later

Jeb, though tired and ready to sleep, was confidently flipping the switches to get the new UNK-01 up to the Interplanetary Space Center, which he would take to Eve. This was not Jeb’s first flight out of the VAB, but it was definitively not his favorite thing. And, just to add to the annoyance, Gene chose that moment to come on over the intercom.

“You alright in there, Jeb? I know it’s a little different from what you’re used to, but I know you can do this.” He said, confident in his star pilot’s ability. “Gene, just be quiet, please.” Jeb begged as he looked down at the ground. His alarm started beeping, alerting him that the launch window was now.

Jeb throttled up, and activated the engines, making the craft lurch in it’s spot. Fortunately, the clamps held steady, and Jeb released, flying into the sky. The SRB’s shoved the craft forwards, already making the craft go to an altitude of 15 kilometers. The boosters detached without incident, and Jeb began the maneuver that would put him on course to intercept the ISC.

Just as he passed the atmosphere, Jeb heard a loud thud, and the craft shuddered. An alarm went off, and a red light flashed. “Engine flamed out,” Jeb groaned as he tried to remedy the problem. “It’s okay; Hit the abort stage and there should be another engine ready to fire,” Gene replied, looking over the data.

Jeb hit the switch, and heard a pop, signifying the craft had detached a stage. Jeb flicked the engine switch, and Jeb was thrown back in his seat as the engine propelled the ship  forward. On his radar, Jeb managed to see the ISC, and he used the engines to get into a good trajectory.

As the station neared closer, Jeb saw the lights of the station gleam off the sides of the ship. Jeb saw a small object slowly propel itself towards the SSTO, and he opened the docking port. The thing connected to the port, and it took control of the craft, steering Jeb’s plane towards the station. And with that, the attack on Eve had officially begun.

Time: 08:45 Hours, 6 Months later

Jeb stepped out of his sleeping quarters and yawned as the rest of the ships crew did the same. Being in space was nice (He hadn’t been here since before the first war) but he wanted to be back in non-artificial gravity. Still, it was nice to be able to see Kerbin shrink into a pale blue dot when the ship left the system.

Jeb walked to the No-Grav room, and floated around in the glass dome, enjoying the weightless feeling. Not being able to feel the floor felt amazing, and it filled Jeb with a wonderful feeling of freedom. Suddenly, a voice made Jeb turn around.

“Wohoo!” Haydi shouted as she did loops and twirls around the dome. She looked amazing, twisting and floating around the building, clearly loving the room. Jeb’s favorite part, though, was how the planet of Eve looked. Huge and foreboding, the purple planet seemed t glow an ominous pink, as if it one what was in store.

“All pilots, please go to the briefing room. All pilots, please go to the briefing room.” A voice called out over the intercom. Jeb maneuvered his way to the door, and Haydi followed. They both looked at each other, and Haydi asked, “Is it time?”

“I think so,” Jeb said. Haydi smiled and began walking towards the room. Jeb knew what was about to happen. Kerbin would strike back.