[1.12.x] Dang It! Continued

linuxgurugamer

43 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How long do they go on?  Is it just a quick twang, or is it continuous?

The same (I think) as if it was a new alarm. So if I had a battery fail, it would beep for the normal length of time while I am in the flight screen, and then stop as usual. Then it would occur for that amount of time again whenever I entered then exited map view. Then it would continue in that same manner even on different crafts without failures. The tone would play when I exited the map view even if no part had failed.

I can reproduce it by manual failing a battery on any craft while in orbit, then switching back and forth into map view. No 'mute alarm' option is available. I'm running a tonne of mods though, so if it's not happening on your end then I will give it a test with only dangit installed.

Edited by NinjaElmo
Added repro instructions.

On 8/18/2017 at 6:26 PM, Iso-Polaris said:

I'm playing with a upscaled system with extrasolar stars and planets. I want those parts to be more reliable in a extremely long term mission compare to stock gameplay.

So may I ask how to increase the MTBF of all parts through configs

Look at the settings page, you shouldn't need to change a config.

41 minutes ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Re downloaded on ckan for 1.3. Haven't had a failure yet been playing for about a hour. How common are they?

Not that common, really depends on the settings.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been asked in this thread or anywhere else, but how well does this mod integrate with Kerbalism's native part failure feature?  I'm looking to use this and Kerbalism because I want part failures and launch mishaps to be a thing in my playthrough, but I don't want two mods to compete for when things break.

Edited by Nittany Tiger

1 hour ago, Nittany Tiger said:

It's OK.  Both installed without complaint.  I guess I'll have to see how they play together.  They might just act independent of one another.

Pretty sure they act independently, yeah.  Bit confusing but not game-breaking.  But it would probably make more sense to disable Kerbalism's failures in the config.  'Reliability = false'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, captainradish said:

Is there a measure to make parts more reliable depending on what science tier is unlocked? Meaning, the older a part becomes (in the tech tree) the more reliable it becomes? That would be realistic and make older parts considerably more desirable.

Not in this mod, there are others which can do that.

55 minutes ago, radinator said:

I've been finding that KW battery pack will experience failures, but I am unable to repair them. The message is "This should last a little longer now." but the failure stays.  Is this expected/known behavior?

No it isn't.

Please post a log file

On 10/8/2017 at 2:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No it isn't.

Please post a log file

This is using 0.7.14.1 (I'm using KSP 1.3.0 in my save).
1. Made a virgin KSP_1.3 setup and installed the following mods with CKAN: {DangIt Continued 0.7.14.1, KW Rocketry Redux (& Graduated Power Response) 3.1.4, Module Manager 2.8.1}.
2. Started  a hard-mode sandbox game, enabled manual failures. Then made a pod with 3 different KW batteries and put on launchpad.
3. Made failures, EVA'd and repaired all no problem.
4. Made failure of KW-BXL battery, then saved game. Re-entered game by loading save and tried to repair the failure. Got the bug I reported (said the part would last longer now, but inspection revealed that the battery failure is not fixed).  This is THAT log file, link goes to file on my Drive. (Only in making the log for this did I learn the save/load requirement for the problem to appear.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5EgBvGqWFb4dURmeHVGNEg3QVU

As a test, I went to KSP 1.3.1 and the latest DangIt!, and did the same test (default difficulty mode, enabled manual failures). Got the same bug. Log file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5EgBvGqWFb4TkJDR0ZtdE55MDg 

Yet another test: Instead of saving the game and reloading (after failing the battery), I just left the pod on the pad and went to "Space Center", then went back to the pod on the landing pad. I was unable to repair the battery at this point. So the 'scene change' also triggered the problem. Perhaps that does an implicit save&load? Not sure.

Edited by radinator
Added test with latest version.

12 hours ago, radinator said:

This is using 0.7.14.1 (I'm using KSP 1.3.0 in my save).
1. Made a virgin KSP_1.3 setup and installed the following mods with CKAN: {DangIt Continued 0.7.14.1, KW Rocketry Redux (& Graduated Power Response) 3.1.4, Module Manager 2.8.1}.
2. Started  a hard-mode sandbox game, enabled manual failures. Then made a pod with 3 different KW batteries and put on launchpad.
3. Made failures, EVA'd and repaired all no problem.
4. Made failure of KW-BXL battery, then saved game. Re-entered game by loading save and tried to repair the failure. Got the bug I reported (said the part would last longer now, but inspection revealed that the battery failure is not fixed).  This is THAT log file, link goes to file on my Drive. (Only in making the log for this did I learn the save/load requirement for the problem to appear.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5EgBvGqWFb4dURmeHVGNEg3QVU

As a test, I went to KSP 1.3.1 and the latest DangIt!, and did the same test (default difficulty mode, enabled manual failures). Got the same bug. Log file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5EgBvGqWFb4TkJDR0ZtdE55MDg 

Yet another test: Instead of saving the game and reloading (after failing the battery), I just left the pod on the pad and went to "Space Center", then went back to the pod on the landing pad. I was unable to repair the battery at this point. So the 'scene change' also triggered the problem. Perhaps that does an implicit save&load? Not sure.

To confirm, this is only with the kw battery? Stockbatteries are fine?

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

To confirm, this is only with the kw battery? Stockbatteries are fine?

In my normal save I hadn't been using the stock batteries. Had to test this.  The result is that both stock and KW batteries have the same behavior - so it's not KW...looks like Dang It! itself.  Since repairs had worked for other parts in the game, I assumed it was an interaction between the two.

So, new log file, with only Dang It! Continued installed. Same behavior on two types of stock batteries. First failed and repaired them. Then failed them and switched to Space Center, then went back to the ship and tried to repair - with no success.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5EgBvGqWFb4aTVRR0x1MUhPc0U

Edited by radinator

4 hours ago, radinator said:

In my normal save I hadn't been using the stock batteries. Had to test this.  The result is that both stock and KW batteries have the same behavior - so it's not KW...looks like Dang It! itself.  Since it had worked for other things stuff in the game, I assumed it was an interaction between the two.

So, new log file, with only Dang It! Continued installed. Same behavior on two types of stock batteries. First failed and repaired them. Then failed them and switched to Space Center, then went back to the ship and tried to repair - with no success.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5EgBvGqWFb4aTVRR0x1MUhPc0U

Ok, thanks.

Please leave that log file there for a few weeks, I'm in the middle of the 1.3.1 updates, so won't get to it, but I have added it to the Issue tracker on Github

Hey @linuxgurugamer awesome job updating so many mods!

Question: is it possible to link DangIt to Magico13's Scrapyard mod? They would really go well together. I discussed it with him and this was his reply. 

Basically, upon recovery, but before Scrapyard kicks in, ground engineers would inspect all parts automatically. Parts not listed as "as good as new" could be "maintained" for cash (uhmm, cost of the current Spare Parts?). Maybe boost maintenance factor a bit, since they're not working with scotch tape and superglue (or are they?). Then, parts which are completely broken (or still old, even after maintenance) would be refused for recovery by Scrapyard. The only thing remaining would be to maybe give Scrapyard a tag for it to show how old the part is in its part list? Is this something you could make? Or at least give us some hints on how to trigger events and feed the values?

1 minute ago, karamazovnew said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer awesome job updating so many mods!

Question: is it possible to link DangIt to Magico13's Scrapyard mod? They would really go well together. I discussed it with him and this was his reply. 

Basically, upon recovery, but before Scrapyard kicks in, ground engineers would inspect all parts automatically. Parts not listed as "as good as new" could be "maintained" for cash (uhmm, cost of the current Spare Parts?). Maybe boost maintenance factor a bit, since they're not working with scotch tape and superglue (or are they?). Then, parts which are completely broken (or still old, even after maintenance) would be refused for recovery by Scrapyard. The only thing remaining would be to maybe give Scrapyard a tag for it to show how old the part is in its part list? Is this something you could make? Or at least give us some hints on how to trigger events and feed the values?

I don't quite follow.  Do you mean that if a part fails with DangIt, that it would somehow notify Scrapyard?