[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

11 hours ago, IanThePineapple said:

Could you make it possible to have KSC's building be part of the mod, or is there a way for me to do so? I want to make a second launch pad at KSC, a copy of the one that's already there.

currently: no

I think Simga88 pointed me into the direction, so I can make the Squad-statics available as assets for KK. I have some other tasks I want to finish first and currently I spend more time playing than modding :wink: It gets to boring, If you stare to much at the load screen and barely documented APIs.

No worries, that is no goodbye post, I just wanted to make clear, that progress is a bit slower, than it had been in the past.

@Ger_space I hope you are enjoying your slowed development pace and you are getting to enjoy the game a little more.  I am finally able to sit and play now that my mods are updated as well.  But,  my reason for posting is to request yet another feature if it's possible.  Instead of being able to group ALL of the statics and move them as one,  like I had suggested earlier,  perhaps it would be easier to make KK recognize that KSC has been moved and automatically snap the statics to the location.  I know it would cause some unwanted clipping of some statics because not all locations are the same,  but the clipped statics can be adjusted. 

I know Sigma88 has a system like that with Sigma Dimensions,  but maybe it would be easier for KK to implement it itself?

I hope I'm not mentioning something already reported. I did have a search, but nothing came up.

In the options, if I select the option to only allow bases to be opened while there (I'm sorry, I forgot the actual name of the option), ALL the bases will be opened and available. Everything is unlocked.

If I deselect the option, I believe all the bases close again.

EDIT: I do have the latest version, but I also have a slew of other mods installed, so if this is only an issue on my end I'll chalk it down as a mod conflict. It is not a gamebreaking issue for me.

Edited by Melfice

Hi, well as you know I've already placed all kinds of ship oriented junk on Laythe and after previous comments on viability I decided to to a quick swipe at something a little closer to home , the Mun, no probs , not found any reason so far not to do it, everything seems to work just peachy.  Just a smattering of objects as I don't have much that really fits on non atmospheric bodies , but a quick rummage through the unfinished model files brought forth some easy candidates for a mun base

0F66VNK.png

Spoiler

b9T8fsb.png

hu0CjAe.png

im trying to pick up my cities mod again... havent modded in quite a while but an old nemesis returns... the null reference exception error... the mesh loads fine into the game and i can spawn it no issue but i cant save the static or deselect and it comes up with null reference exception error in the debug menu, any ideas to solve?

1 hour ago, amankd said:

im trying to pick up my cities mod again... havent modded in quite a while but an old nemesis returns... the null reference exception error... the mesh loads fine into the game and i can spawn it no issue but i cant save the static or deselect and it comes up with null reference exception error in the debug menu, any ideas to solve?

could you please create a github issue and upload the logfiles. Would it possible to provide access to the models, so I can reproduce the issue when I try to debug it?
all models should have a unique "name" parameter defined. Most problems occur when there is no name-tag (which I use for the references)

On 25.1.2017 at 6:05 PM, Melfice said:

I hope I'm not mentioning something already reported. I did have a search, but nothing came up.

In the options, if I select the option to only allow bases to be opened while there (I'm sorry, I forgot the actual name of the option), ALL the bases will be opened and available. Everything is unlocked.

If I deselect the option, I believe all the bases close again.

EDIT: I do have the latest version, but I also have a slew of other mods installed, so if this is only an issue on my end I'll chalk it down as a mod conflict. It is not a gamebreaking issue for me.

I'll have a look into that. It shouldn't happen.

On 20.1.2017 at 10:10 PM, Galileo said:

@Ger_space I hope you are enjoying your slowed development pace and you are getting to enjoy the game a little more.  I am finally able to sit and play now that my mods are updated as well.  But,  my reason for posting is to request yet another feature if it's possible.  Instead of being able to group ALL of the statics and move them as one,  like I had suggested earlier,  perhaps it would be easier to make KK recognize that KSC has been moved and automatically snap the statics to the location.  I know it would cause some unwanted clipping of some statics because not all locations are the same,  but the clipped statics can be adjusted. 

I know Sigma88 has a system like that with Sigma Dimensions,  but maybe it would be easier for KK to implement it itself?

I was talking with Simga88 about it a lot. If you move the PQSMapDecal with the KSC, then there should be no clipping issues. (Kopernicus should be able to do that), I'll set myself a reminder, so I can look at it, as soon I released the next update.

Hey guys!

I'm super interested in making custom locations, I made myself some models and started digging for how to interface with your mod but am coming up dry for any documentation.. could you guys possibly point me in the right direction?
I have a few cool ideas and would really like to implement them :D

Thanks for any help

On 11/25/2016 at 2:22 AM, panarchist said:

@Ger_space - Ok, this is why I shouldn't post on the holidays.  First off, EL isn't the mod that has the issue with KK/KerbinSide (sorry @taniwha !).  It's Kerbal Construction Time, which is maintained by @magico13 .  And that mod is still not fully updated for 1.2.1, so I am jumping the gun on this anyway - apologies for the confusion, and you can just ignore this.  Once KCT is updated officially, if there is still an issue I can submit logs / reproduction steps, etc.

Oh man, it would be so awesome to use Kerbinside along with KCT.  

15 hours ago, eberkain said:

You can, it's just really easy to crash the game if you don't do things in the right order.

1. Enter VAB/SPH (this example will use VAB)
2. Build a rocket
3. At some point before leaving VAB or clicking "Build" in KCT in VAB, choose your launch site from KK. (Make NOTE which one you choose!)
4. Click "Build" in KCT
5. After the rocket is done, before launching, click the little asterisk button to the left of the name
6. Select "Choose Launchsite" or whatever it's called
7. Choose the SAME site chosen while in VAB/SPH
8. Click "Rollout" if a rocket, and when rolled out, "Launch" (you might select the site again to be safe)

Selecting the site in KK in VAB/SPH loads it - selecting the same site in KCT is what avoids the crash.  The big problem is that with KS complete installed, KCTs site list is taller than the screen and doesn't scroll.

TLDR; it works, but has issues.

On 19/01/2017 at 0:17 AM, Ger_space said:

currently: no

I think Simga88 pointed me into the direction, so I can make the Squad-statics available as assets for KK. I have some other tasks I want to finish first and currently I spend more time playing than modding :wink: It gets to boring, If you stare to much at the load screen and barely documented APIs.

No worries, that is no goodbye post, I just wanted to make clear, that progress is a bit slower, than it had been in the past.

20 hours ago, eberkain said:

I too would love the stock assets to be able to be added, so that I can actualy add in a second and third launch pad in a vanilla flavour at the KSC.

Enjoy the game though.  Losing interest would be to the detriment of us all! :D

Peace.

25 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Whenever you get back into modding, do you think it would be possible to designate a static as an anomaly? That would be really cool

Yes, I did this once by accident :0.0: . I only need to add a configuration parameter and some extension of the editor. Kerbin look very crowded, when every static was suddenly an anomaly :D

44 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I too would love the stock assets to be able to be added, so that I can actualy add in a second and third launch pad in a vanilla flavour at the KSC.

Enjoy the game though.  Losing interest would be to the detriment of us all! :D

Peace.

I pick up my work on KK next week. I want to finish the work of adding Antennas to the dishes, after that  I look again at the build in statics and the anomalies.

6 hours ago, panarchist said:

You can, it's just really easy to crash the game if you don't do things in the right order.

1. Enter VAB/SPH (this example will use VAB)
2. Build a rocket
3. At some point before leaving VAB or clicking "Build" in KCT in VAB, choose your launch site from KK. (Make NOTE which one you choose!)
4. Click "Build" in KCT
5. After the rocket is done, before launching, click the little asterisk button to the left of the name
6. Select "Choose Launchsite" or whatever it's called
7. Choose the SAME site chosen while in VAB/SPH
8. Click "Rollout" if a rocket, and when rolled out, "Launch" (you might select the site again to be safe)

Selecting the site in KK in VAB/SPH loads it - selecting the same site in KCT is what avoids the crash.  The big problem is that with KS complete installed, KCTs site list is taller than the screen and doesn't scroll.

TLDR; it works, but has issues.

That is excellent information, I actually already keep a flight log and it would be trivial to add info about where to launch from.   I'm definitely going to have to do some experimenting.  

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone maybe please take a look at this "KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter" NRE?

Spoiler

170219T020823.932 [INFO] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.Log.Normal] KK: smallestDist is 1397460
170219T020823.932 [ERROR] [EventData`1[Vessel].Fire] Exception handling event OnVesselRecoveryRequested in class KerbalKonstructs:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter (.Vessel vessel, .SpaceCenter& ClosestCenter, System.Single& ClosestDistance, System.Single& RecoveryFactor, System.Single& RecoveryRange, System.String& BaseName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
170219T020823.934 [EXCEPTION] [KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
   at KerbalKonstructs.Core.SpaceCenterManager.getClosestSpaceCenter (.Vessel vessel, .SpaceCenter& ClosestCenter, System.Single& ClosestDistance, System.Single& RecoveryFactor, System.Single& RecoveryRange, System.String& BaseName)
   at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.OnVesselRecoveryRequested (.Vessel vessel)
   at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
   at UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
   at EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
   at JSI.JSIInternalRPMButtons:RecoverVessel(Boolean)
   at JSI.TriggeredEvent:DoEvent(Vessel)
   at JSI.TriggeredEvent:Update(Vessel)
   at JSI.RasterPropMonitorComputer:FixedUpdate()
170219T020823.938 [INFO] [FlightState..ctor] Flight State Captured
170219T020823.953 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...
170219T020823.954 [INFO] [ProgressTree.Save] Saving Achievements Tree...

I am playing a highly modded install and need to have a close look on the log files, to keep that running.
It would be very helpful if these exceptions could get out of the log. :) o/ Normally only a check for null would be needed, or? 
I am happy to help texting a possible fix, too. :)
Also a debugging version, if that's needed to check what parameter is null. Could be solved with a logging debug version, I assume.

Edited by Jebs_SY

Heya,
I have an issue, I can´t see / open / interact any other bases than base KSC and Round Range Helipad. I have a ton of mods installed so I´m trying this blind shot, if anybody doesn´t happen to have the same issue, rather than going through a haystack looking for a needle...or I´m just retarded and didn´t figure it how to enable them. Mod is, however, working, as demonstrated by opened Round Range base, but nothing else pops up...

EDIT: Please ignore, I´m just retarded and forgot to install kerbinside...
My apologies.

Edited by Wolfox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question- I've developed several of my own locations in different areas and I desire to change the country and its country flag in the settings (because why not)- how can I do that? Is it possible to, or will it always be United Kerbin?

Edited by Rjtaml

19 hours ago, Rjtaml said:

Just a quick question- I've developed several of my own locations in different areas and I desire to change the country and its country flag in the settings (because why not)- how can I do that? Is it possible to, or will it always be United Kerbin?

I'm sorry, but you cannot. The whole country concept is only limited in implementation and will be removed at some point. 

It was an idea from AlphaAsh, but this work was never finished and right now it is more trouble to remove if, than let it in. As soon that changes, it will be gone.