[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

Hi there, I had this installed but still being early career I had not really given it much of a look. However it was the cause of a problem that I was not able to identify for quite a while. So firstly I did not see a button in my game to access the settings but as I say it was early career and it may have been there. I have about 100 mods installed so I can't really be sure that it was or was not there. Anyway the main problem was that it removed my ground stations, I was informed on reddit that this was a feature and once I uninstalled the mod the stations returned. However since I was not able to enter a settings menu I was not able to alter this to my liking in game and had to remove the mod instead. 

Is this a known issue or was I just missing the button somewhere? I'd like to use the mod if I can but without access to settings I will not be able to really utilise it correctly. 

1 hour ago, Alexology said:

Hi there, I had this installed but still being early career I had not really given it much of a look. However it was the cause of a problem that I was not able to identify for quite a while. So firstly I did not see a button in my game to access the settings but as I say it was early career and it may have been there. I have about 100 mods installed so I can't really be sure that it was or was not there. Anyway the main problem was that it removed my ground stations, I was informed on reddit that this was a feature and once I uninstalled the mod the stations returned. However since I was not able to enter a settings menu I was not able to alter this to my liking in game and had to remove the mod instead. 

Is this a known issue or was I just missing the button somewhere? I'd like to use the mod if I can but without access to settings I will not be able to really utilise it correctly. 

I think it's not a bug it's a feature. When you enable CommNet support within the Kerbal konstructs settings, the stock extra ground stations are removed from the game.

It wouldn't make sense to have them and pay extra money to open the Kerbin-side antennas.

@Ger_space

So I'm playing on MacOS and I'm encountering an issue.  When I place a static, when I open the window to configure it, all I get is a blank window, and this spams about a hundred times in the log:

[EXC 13:20:46.983] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 13:20:46.992] ArgumentException: Getting control 3's position in a group with only 3 controls when doing Repaint

Although sometimes instead of "Repaint" it has other variations - mouseDown, mouseDrag, etc

Then this starts spamming in the log:

[EXC 13:21:12.295] NullReferenceException

[ERR 13:21:12.295] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[EXC 13:21:12.296] ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint

I have both KerbinKonstructs and Kerbinside installed.  Tried removing Kerbinside and seeing if that was the issue, but the problem persists.  I verified these are coming from KK by opening the debit window and watching the errors pop in the debug window. 

3 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

@Ger_space

So I'm playing on MacOS and I'm encountering an issue.  When I place a static, when I open the window to configure it, all I get is a blank window, and this spams about a hundred times in the log:

[EXC 13:20:46.983] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[EXC 13:20:46.992] ArgumentException: Getting control 3's position in a group with only 3 controls when doing Repaint

Although sometimes instead of "Repaint" it has other variations - mouseDown, mouseDrag, etc

[ERR 13:21:12.295] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

I have both KerbinKonstructs and Kerbinside installed.  Tried removing Kerbinside and seeing if that was the issue, but the problem persists.  I verified these are coming from KK by opening the debit window and watching the errors pop in the debug window. 

You use the latest version of kerbal konstructs? Are other mods installed ( like Kopernikus) 

3 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

@Ger_space

You use the latest version of kerbal konstructs? Are other mods installed ( like Kopernikus) 

On 9/22/2017 at 5:37 PM, Ger_space said:

EDIT:  Long mod list post removed since problem has been resolved.

Edited by MaxPeck

My mini VAB now has a bigger brother! With helipad!

xTYdUSP.png

Still, not as big as the humungous stock level3 VAB.

I also kinda need some konstructs asset building help. I would like to know;

Do I have to set a launch origin point If I want to launch from my model's helipad? Or is there a placeholder constructs object or something? (I seem to remember being able to move konstructs spawn points in earlier versions.)

I'd love to have lights animations on the windows like the stock buildings do (Emissive at nigth, normal during the day). Would this be possible?

Also, could anyone give me a quick rundown on how to set up the FlagQuad/FlagTransform/FlagDecal module? 

I hope you guys are liking my assets I've been teasing, I plan on making more, so watch this space!

Hi see below

29 minutes ago, Omega482 said:

Do I have to set a launch origin point If I want to launch from my model's helipad? Or is there a placeholder constructs object or something? (I seem to remember being able to move konstructs spawn points in earlier versions.)

D5VPKTC.png

31 minutes ago, Omega482 said:

o, could anyone give me a quick rundown on how to set up the FlagQuad/FlagTransform/FlagDecal module? 

h8Eemco.png

31 minutes ago, Omega482 said:

I'd love to have lights animations on the windows like the stock buildings do (Emissive at nigth, normal during the day). Would this be possible?

Yes but you have to decide which way you want to do it. animated or easy

Easy way. select the windows you want to have emissive , if you want some on and some off you'll need to aallow for this when texturing, so keep lights on windows separate from unlighted ones, make an emissive texture and set that up in unity , with as much emissive as you need,  from experience you need just a touch of glow , enough to not really show in daytime but be reasonably lit at night.

The harder way is with animation and that needs colliders as triggers and as yet there's no bit of code to automatically turn lights on when it gets dark. This method works great for things like my dock cranes that only need to be lit up for screenies or scenarios , whereas, I feel that the simple easy emissive works plenty well enough for buildings

38 minutes ago, Omega482 said:

I seem to remember being able to move konstructs spawn points in earlier versions.)

Ps i've been using KK since it was Kerbtown and never have i seen a feature like that , aside from placing in editor there's not a lot of further interaction possible

On 25-9-2017 at 12:00 AM, Omega482 said:

My mini VAB now has a bigger brother! With helipad!

xTYdUSP.png

Still, not as big as the humungous stock level3 VAB.

I also kinda need some konstructs asset building help. I would like to know;

Also, could anyone give me a quick rundown on how to set up the FlagQuad/FlagTransform/FlagDecal module? 

I hope you guys are liking my assets I've been teasing, I plan on making more, so watch this space!

amezing, we need this and a small electron style little launch pad and were good to go

Edited by Youre_avarage_Kerbal
*spelled something wrong

Here's an update on what I've been working on! Finally got some stuff working in game!

iTPT94o.png     miURuwO.png

nXkCmnU.png

I don't want to seem like a spammer in this thread, so I'll probably make a dev thread soon. Unless people don't mind me posting updates here? (Seriously, I don't want to seem like I'm self-promoting stuff in another mod's thread)

Still, have some issues before I can release anything, mostly texture and materials work. Might have a small private beta release if people are interested in testing the statics out.

1 hour ago, Omega482 said:

I don't want to seem like a spammer in this thread, so I'll probably make a dev thread soon. Unless people don't mind me posting updates here? (Seriously, I don't want to seem like I'm self-promoting stuff in another mod's thread)

dev thread would be good, but I don't think anyone has really had a problem with these - they look awesome!!

25 minutes ago, Jhorriga said:

Omega, Is that gonna be part of a new kk pack?

Hopefully! I want to make a modular space centre building pack, in stock style, using a hexagon system like the KSC.

I think I might make a dev thread for it soon. Maybe after I've built a few more models.

I have a question.

Is it possible to make statics right-clickable? like a regular part?

I'd like to be able to use firespitter's texture switch module on my static bases to make them fit with the ground colours in different parts of kerbin.

It would also be great to have a lights on/off button for window lights.

Anyone know if this is doable?

3 hours ago, Omega482 said:

Is it possible to make statics right-clickable? like a regular part?

Yes.

Proof:

p4NJOLo.png

But probably it's not an easy, so look for answers here: 

(and try to ask a @JPLRepo ).

3 hours ago, Omega482 said:

It would also be great to have a lights on/off button for window lights.

Yes too, old but still working staff (left click for animation), example:

36bU7gp.png

It's mod KSC Floodlight .

Does anyone know if there are any other KK mods that just add Docks for ships? I looked at SM Marine but I can't figure out what parts or such are the supposed facilities versus boat making stuff. I don't want any of that. Appreciate the help!

On 3-10-2017 at 2:14 PM, Omega482 said:

Here's an update on what I've been working on! Finally got some stuff working in game!

iTPT94o.png     miURuwO.png

nXkCmnU.png

Still, have some issues before I can release anything, mostly texture and materials work. Might have a small private beta release if people are interested in testing the statics out.

great job making those models look so kerbal-alike, no offense but i like this mod way better then kerbin side, i hope to see this as a mod someday, keep it up!

On 10/3/2017 at 2:14 PM, Omega482 said:

iTPT94o.png

Please tell me you're making it so kerbals can climb that radio mast. We need a good basejumping spot to uhm... test jetpacks and erh parachutes and stuff. For science.

On 10/3/2017 at 2:14 PM, Omega482 said:

I'll probably make a dev thread soon.

That's probably the best course of action; then no one needs to feel guilty for more (awesome) pics of this work.

Found some interesting buildings the other day during my Kerbal Elcano Exploration Project:

Spoiler

xvXnrzn.png

SLaulsl.png

@Ger_space I definitely appreciate the anomalies added to the game, gives me more fun to discover. I'm going to have fun working these into the story. :) By chance are there other anomalies on other planets? @Aerospacer Did that custom "Observatory" window come from Kerbal Konstructs? Or is it from @JPLRepo Research Bodies? Asking for a friend... :wink: