[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

Would it be possible to change the default configuration to leave KK commnet ground stations off (such that it doesn't displace the default extra groundstations), and instruct users to turn it on for those specific mods which need to override the vanilla groundstations? Because it's definitely not universal that mods using KK also need to override ground stations. I had to figure out why my commnet disappeared with KK in GPP (weird) and then change the setting and restart the game. It seems to make more sense that KerbinSide or whatever other mods include instructions to turn on KK commnet support rather than other KK users have to scratch their heads in confusion until they realize that KK supporting commnet actually means KK displacing commnet.

Alternatively, could you provide a nice clear warning on the front page that installing KK will, by default, displace and replace the stock groundstations, and that the solution is to disable the setting in game, followed by a restart of KSP?

On 2-11-2017 at 9:45 PM, Omega482 said:

Just dropping in to say I'm still working on statics but I'm putting the dev thread/release on hold for a little while. I've got some real-world deadlines I need to meet.

Have some pretty pictures anyway
DbNSdFk.jpg

<3

-edit-

"Should be stock"

Edited by damonvv

On 07/11/2017 at 3:39 PM, Ger_space said:

you saw the "enable colliders" button in the editor? And there is a save button. Try to use it after you moved the static.

Yes :). The statics moving was me being an idiot and forgetting about Sigma Dimensions. Enable Colliders seems to unset itself randomly for some reason, but only when I open the static settings so it's not a big deal. Not sure why planes sometimes fall through otherwise solid statics, but I suspect it's probably KSPs usual floating point precision weirdness. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

@Sigma88   I saw earlier in this thread, that you were updating Kerbal Konstructs to work with 6.4x and other scaling mods. I would very much like to use the KSC++ mod in my 6.4x career/sandbox

You need to install KKtoSD and add a small cfg

I'll post it when I get back to my pc

24 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

Excellent! 

PQSCity_Groups
{
    GROUP
    {
        name = KSC++
        body = Kerbin
        CENTER
        {
            CentralPQSCity = KSC
        }
    }
}

this cfg plus KKtoSD should suffice, if you have any questions you can contact me on the forum or on discord

Edited by Sigma88

• 2 weeks later...

Added Real Launch Sites  into an Sigma 2.5x-System and reorganized the Launchsites with KK. After each Step I saved. But aber after reloading the Savegame all Launchpads are hovering over the terrain. What can I do?

KSP 1.3.1 and latest KK.

@Sigma88 I attempt your .cfg + KKtoSD with KSC++ too. KSC++ is visible but some kilometers away. System is the same as above explained.

7 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Added Real Launch Sites  into an Sigma 2.5x-System and reorganized the Launchsites with KK. After each Step I saved. But aber after reloading the Savegame all Launchpads are hovering over the terrain. What can I do?

KSP 1.3.1 and latest KK.

@Sigma88 I attempt your .cfg + KKtoSD with KSC++ too. KSC++ is visible but some kilometers away. System is the same as above explained.

any modifications you want to save with KK has to be saved without SD installed

then add SD and everything should be in the right place

Myself and a friend have just started a new career. We are playing separately but installing the same mods, we have both installed KK but are both having the same issue. When we go into the tracking station there are only 2 stations/launchpads in total. There is the KSC and a second launchpad on the other side of the planet. There are not others. I tested with various settings in new saves and also in a sandbox game but there are no other stations in any configuration that I could think of. Any ideas on what the issue is? What data would you like for me to provide to help identify the issue? 

EDIT: I got it, I was missing the KerbinSide Core and Continued mods. Seems to be working now. 

Edited by Alexology

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Need more info , obviously, :P  whats not working??

Wont show up in SPH at all!(not even unselectable. Simply wont appear)

8 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Wont show up in SPH at all!(not even unselectable. Simply wont appear)

Did you look in those files at all?  if so you may have noticed something vital missing, and that is any reference to a position in the world, 

Hers a similar new instance from my game , it seems that you've only got part of the actual info needed though why that should be if the parts had been placed via the KK editor i have no clue. But the why of no appearing is sorted, no position in the world

STATIC
{
	pointername = KSC_Runway_level_1
	Instances
	{
		CelestialBody = Kerbin
		RadialPosition = 157212.281,-257.362976,-579037.313
		Orientation = 0,1,0
		RadiusOffset = 64.8790817
		RotationAngle = 344.799072
		isScanable = False
		ModelScale = 1
		RefLatitude = -0.024576354739126137
		RefLongitude = -74.810015592902488
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = Runways
		GroupCenter = true
		useRadiusOffset = True
		LaunchSite
		{
			FacilityType = LaunchSite
			LaunchPadTransform = End09/SpawnPoint
			LaunchSiteName = KSC DirtStrip1
			LaunchSiteAuthor = Squad
			LaunchSiteType = Any
			LaunchSiteDescription = Rough and ready basic airstrip landing on the grass my be softer
			Category = Runway
			LaunchSiteLength = 0
			LaunchSiteWidth = 0
			LaunchRefund = 0
			RecoveryFactor = 0
			RecoveryRange = 200
			LaunchSiteIsHidden = False
			ILSIsActive = False
			OpenCost = 0
			CloseValue = 0
			OpenCloseState = Closed
		}
	}

Edit......

And the other instance files are in an even worse state than the runway one with almost ALL the info missing

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
more

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Did you look in those files at all?  if so you may have noticed something vital missing, and that is any reference to a position in the world, 

Hers a similar new instance from my game , it seems that you've only got part of the actual info needed though why that should be if the parts had been placed via the KK editor i have no clue. But the why of no appearing is sorted, no position in the world

STATIC
{
	pointername = KSC_Runway_level_1
	Instances
	{
		CelestialBody = Kerbin
		RadialPosition = 157212.281,-257.362976,-579037.313
		Orientation = 0,1,0
		RadiusOffset = 64.8790817
		RotationAngle = 344.799072
		isScanable = False
		ModelScale = 1
		RefLatitude = -0.024576354739126137
		RefLongitude = -74.810015592902488
		VisibilityRange = 25000
		Group = Runways
		GroupCenter = true
		useRadiusOffset = True
		LaunchSite
		{
			FacilityType = LaunchSite
			LaunchPadTransform = End09/SpawnPoint
			LaunchSiteName = KSC DirtStrip1
			LaunchSiteAuthor = Squad
			LaunchSiteType = Any
			LaunchSiteDescription = Rough and ready basic airstrip landing on the grass my be softer
			Category = Runway
			LaunchSiteLength = 0
			LaunchSiteWidth = 0
			LaunchRefund = 0
			RecoveryFactor = 0
			RecoveryRange = 200
			LaunchSiteIsHidden = False
			ILSIsActive = False
			OpenCost = 0
			CloseValue = 0
			OpenCloseState = Closed
		}
	}

Hmm... I worked when I first created it, it broke when I restarted my ksp...

1 minute ago, dundun92 said:

Hmm...

In that case i suspect that KSP crashed as KK was writing it's cfg's,  as it's the only thing that i can think of that could possibly cause that to happen, I suspect though it would affect everything in new instances not just your newly placed base, but could be wrong in that .

The mod crashes every time I load it up. I removed all other mods, thinking there was a conflict, but nothing changed. I tried redownloading and running the mod, but instead I'm hit with a sense of deja vu. Any idea what's going on?

Edited by MadmanMorton

I'm with MadmanMorton up there. 

Thing is, I've got such heavily modded install that it's probably the fault of that somewhere, but I wanted to ask before I started heavy troubleshooting if there was any particular trick to running Kerbal Konstructs in an RSS setting other than just dumping the unpacked files into Gamedata? Also, is there a problem with dropping it into a game already running, or do I need a totally new savegame?

Right now it's crashing before I even get to a menu, running Win10 KSP 1.3.1 RSS latest KK.

I have Kopernicus installed, but the only planet pack is modifying Duna. I am using KSC ++. Even though Kerbin shouldn't be being messed with at all, the ghost road is still clipping through the terrain and whenever I load a save the KSC and everything else is hovering above the ground or deep below it (fixed by entering tracking station). How do I fix this?

Edited by Pavel ☭

6 minutes ago, Pavel ☭ said:

@Ger_space For some reason all ComNet ground stations are missing even when I have them enabled, and I think it is this mod that is doing it.

Quoting @Ger_space from 1 page back...:

“You need to restart ksp after you disabled the ground stations support within kk. If you ever load a save game with it enabled, bad things could happen. ( KK needs to destroy the original ground stations do only the KK ones are active) 

It's messy I know, but I cannot do anything about it. I can't deactivate or modify the stock ground stations. That's my problem.”

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Quoting @Ger_space from 1 page back...:

“You need to restart ksp after you disabled the ground stations support within kk. If you ever load a save game with it enabled, bad things could happen. ( KK needs to destroy the original ground stations do only the KK ones are active) 

It's messy I know, but I cannot do anything about it. I can't deactivate or modify the stock ground stations. That's my problem.”

Ok thanks