[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

22 minutes ago, Pinchy said:

Nope - not installed KerbinSide - will post some screenshots

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4r15vt70dzyll7/screenshot1.jpg?dl=0

See screenshot - so rooks glory is selected as the launchsite.  KK is open in the top left hand side and have all options selected.  When I select Rocket Pads and Runways from KK - the only one that shows is KSC main

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj3nslirrjod56l/screenshot3.png?dl=0

See screenshot - when I select KK from the SPH and look for any other "open" bases it only shows KSC main and not Rooks glory or any of the other selectable launchsites from the Tracking Station

Edited by Pinchy

4 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

everything OK: GPP uses KSC-switcher and no Kerbal-Konstructs bases. KK is only installed, because GPP has some KSC++ assets in use, but you will never find any base withing KK.

ah ok - so effectively KK in its real KK format as in using and selecting open bases is not possible within GPP

just a quick question: Is anybody using the production interface of KK and would be upset when I remove this whole worker hireing&assignment? 

I'll leave this question open till next week, so I can be persuaded to leave it in. 

My current plan is he following:

• FuelTanks: OK for now, but could need some love (more storage options for other materials)
  • Hangars: (they could be better and might get some love soon)
  • GroundStations: OK (CommNet Ranges could be more diverse)
  • Landing Guilde (could be better, a real ILS clone would be nice)
  • RadarStations: (these provide better recovery value, when open) --> will be integrated to a better recover function and Kerbin-Side balance.
  • Barracks
  • Research Station (only one at the north pole)
  • Office Buildings  (current producing rate way to low to make a impact)

I just don't want to fix stuff, what nobody is using: thats all :D

2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

just a quick question: Is anybody using the production interface of KK and would be upset when I remove this whole worker hireing&assignment? 

I'll leave this question open till next week, so I can be persuaded to leave it in. 

My current plan is he following:

• FuelTanks: OK for now, but could need some love (more storage options for other materials)
  • GroundStations: OK (CommNet Ranges could be more diverse)
  • RadarStations: (these provide better recovery value, when open) --> will be integrated to a better recover function and Kerbin-Side balance.
  • Barracks
  • Research Station (only one at the north pole)
  • Office Buildings  (current producing rate way to low to make a impact)

I just don't want to fix stuff, what nobody is using: thats all :D

No, but I'd love a building that could operate as a workshop for Ground Construction or Extra Planetary Launchpads!

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

No, but I'd love a building that could operate as a workshop for Ground Construction or Extra Planetary Launchpads!

adding PartModules to a static building... how hard coud it be... :o   
the kOS team also would like a useable kOS Mainframe in the KSC.

No promisses about a timeframe at the moment, but I'll have a look what might be possible. It might fail, because of how the mods are build how they access vessel bound variables.

17 hours ago, Ger_space said:

NavUtilities HSI & ILS works just fine, integrated into RPM and has data for all Kerbin Side runways and helipads (somewhere in original Kerbin Side thread). Is there a need to duplicate this functionality in KK?
What could be needed, however, is inclusion of runway data into Kerbin Side package.

37 minutes ago, whale_2 said:

NavUtilities HSI & ILS works just fine, integrated into RPM and has data for all Kerbin Side runways and helipads (somewhere in original Kerbin Side thread)

I use this all the time

@Ger_space, thank you for all your work on this project! I'm really looking forward to your refinements.

• This would be a great feature. I would probably have it default to being able to buy any resource, but  be able to restrict it to a particular fill when creating a building.
    • Hangers: I have no idea how it works, but Magico13 is currently developing 
  • Landing Guide
    • As someone who plays on a small screen (laptop) my biggest challenge using KK has always been how intrusive the UI is. The landing guide and associated features have always taken up too much screen and not been very usable. As someone else said, I would rather see integration with other mods or an ingame way to add landing targets and more

Regarding the economic and production features of KK but i've never quite had the time to wrap my head around how it all works. That goes to say, I would be sad to see the feature go, but I'm not sure it would actually affect my gameplay. 

Hi, i have a bug related to Kerbal konstruct.

When i load my game for the first time all is OK and modifications that uses Kerbal Konstruct are all here.

But if i go back to the main menu and relad my game ... pouch, nothins that uses Kerbal Konstruct appears ...

Is someone have an idea .... i take every suggestion :wink:

Ho, and other question : do you think it is possible to extract the model of the classic "tree" of KSP ? for using it in a Kerbal Konstruc mod.

8 hours ago, msnbcorp said:

Hi, i have a bug related to Kerbal konstruct.

When i load my game for the first time all is OK and modifications that uses Kerbal Konstruct are all here.

But if i go back to the main menu and relad my game ... pouch, nothins that uses Kerbal Konstruct appears ...

Is someone have an idea .... i take every suggestion :wink:

Ho, and other question : do you think it is possible to extract the model of the classic "tree" of KSP ? for using it in a Kerbal Konstruc mod.

could you please upload the ksp logfiles, when the error occurs? Because I cannot reproduce the error.

the trees are terrain scatter... And I have no idea how to access them. 

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

A fond dream would be to utilize the functionality of @allista's Hangar [Or does this already? I often forget what's what with these wonderfully elaborate mods]

I have no idea, if this will work, but I look into it.. 

20 hours ago, Ger_space said:

could you please upload the ksp logfiles, when the error occurs? Because I cannot reproduce the error.

the trees are terrain scatter... And I have no idea how to access them. 

I have no idea, if this will work, but I look into it.. 

Yes thanks. Here's my logs :

http://bfs.ensea.fr//files/82c27c7e8c3faa8a9c478810b75286ce/KSP.log

http://bfs.ensea.fr//files/a3230b74197aeaa6068f0684b330b546/output_log.txt

The two logs are only for a first loading and then a return to menu and second logging (yes there is a lot of mod, but it is mainly part and the classic scatterer + eve + planetshine and i try to figure out where is the bad mod interactions :wink: )

The final/second loading happens at the "end" of the file. I think the bug happens at the line 322177 in the output log. Where konstruct fail to load cfg file from save. But really don't know why this happens.

the text :

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Exception handling event onGameStateSave in class KerbalKonstructs:System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\DestructiblesTest\KKFacilities.cfg".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.Modules.CareerState.SaveFacilities () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.Modules.CareerState.Save () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.SaveState (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[ConfigNode].Fire (.ConfigNode data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\saves\DestructiblesTest\KKFacilities.cfg".
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.Modules.CareerState.SaveFacilities () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.Modules.CareerState.Save () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerbalKonstructs.KerbalKonstructs.SaveState (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[ConfigNode].Fire (.ConfigNode data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(ConfigNode)
Game:Save(ConfigNode)
GamePersistence:SaveGame(Game, String, String, SaveMode)
MainMenu:OnLoadDialogPipelineFinished(ConfigNode, String)
<OnLoadDialogFinished>c__AnonStorey160:<>m__263(ConfigNode)
KSPUpgradePipeline:Process(ConfigNode, String, LoadContext, Callback`1, Callback`2)
MainMenu:OnLoadDialogFinished(String)
LoadGameDialog:ConfirmLoadGame()
LoadGameDialog:OnButtonLoad()

It seems that it can"t access some .cfg, i think it's the problem ...

Ho and i have a little question : is there a way to place easily static thing with KK in game ? or moving them ? Here i have multiple prop to place and it's exhausting to quit and reload etc ....

maybe via the console ?

Edited by msnbcorp

4 hours ago, msnbcorp said:

Yes thanks. Here's my logs :

http://bfs.ensea.fr//files/82c27c7e8c3faa8a9c478810b75286ce/KSP.log

http://bfs.ensea.fr//files/a3230b74197aeaa6068f0684b330b546/output_log.txt

The two logs are only for a first loading and then a return to menu and second logging (yes there is a lot of mod, but it is mainly part and the classic scatterer + eve + planetshine and i try to figure out where is the bad mod interactions :wink: )

The final/second loading happens at the "end" of the file. I think the bug happens at the line 322177 in the output log. Where konstruct fail to load cfg file from save. But really don't know why this happens.

the text :

It seems that it can"t access some .cfg, i think it's the problem ...

Ho and i have a little question : is there a way to place easily static thing with KK in game ? or moving them ? Here i have multiple prop to place and it's exhausting to quit and reload etc ....

maybe via the console ?

You are right, looks like KK cannot wrote the file. Maybe it's the windows security thing for "program files".  Copy the whole KSP folder to a different folder (like c:\Games) and try again. 

fly/drive/hyperedit you near the point where you want it and press "ctrl+k" . then the static editor should open. 

I finalized it.

FKoIsml.png

YDifBaE.png

lGd0S7R.png

gVSJndR.png

And, have a question: @Ger_space, can you make a difference for copies of the same parts?

Look at left window:

TEVFDTD.png

May be, different number (or text) in part instance description, shown on right of the part name, or something similar.

Edited by Aerospacer

21 minutes ago, Aerospacer said:

I finalized it.

FKoIsml.png

YDifBaE.png

lGd0S7R.png

gVSJndR.png

And, have a question: @Ger_space, can you make a difference for copies of the same parts?

Look at left window:

TEVFDTD.png

May be, different number (or text) in part instance description, shown on right of the part name, or something similar.

Wow, nice work. I hope you use the "left shift"-key to select the placed static you want to edit.

I can make the adjustment in the name, but my current source tree has no working editor and barely manages to place all statics.... So it will take some time to get a working prerelease out of the door.

12 hours ago, Ger_space said:

You are right, looks like KK cannot wrote the file. Maybe it's the windows security thing for "program files".  Copy the whole KSP folder to a different folder (like c:\Games) and try again. 

fly/drive/hyperedit you near the point where you want it and press "ctrl+k" . then the static editor should open. 

I have changed the permission of the directory and it still happen. Besides, the bug does not happen on the first loading, it happen only on the second loading if i go back to the menu and reload. So i dubt that it could be cause by security issue...

edit : i have find a quick fix for that : just reload the last save from the ingame loading menu when the bugged game is loaded... it reload it without error... really don't understand why ... still trying to tracking it.

Edited by msnbcorp

so I have ben having an issue where all of my extra ground tracking stations have vanished.  It seems maybe this mod is the culprit?  I have selected the setting in options to enable the extra ground stations, but I still only get a CommNet connection at KSC.  none of the extra stations will talk to my craft.

is this indeed a problem with KK? 

also I have noticed that if I click on the button in the settings file that mentions the ground stations for RT the KK settings menu will blank out, and will only return after a game restart.

and lastly, maybe better to ask on Kerbinside forum,  but the air race that was in the bay at KSC is missing.  was this removed or is something Broken in my install?

4 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

so I have ben having an issue where all of my extra ground tracking stations have vanished.  It seems maybe this mod is the culprit?  I have selected the setting in options to enable the extra ground stations, but I still only get a CommNet connection at KSC.  none of the extra stations will talk to my craft.

is this indeed a problem with KK? 

also I have noticed that if I click on the button in the settings file that mentions the ground stations for RT the KK settings menu will blank out, and will only return after a game restart.

and lastly, maybe better to ask on Kerbinside forum,  but the air race that was in the bay at KSC is missing.  was this removed or is something Broken in my install?

1. If you are playing in Career Mode, have you opened the stations? You have to some money to make them work. (from the trackingstation)

2. Never tested, what happens, if you don't have RT installed and press the button, this should not happen

3. Yes I removed the AirRace tracks from KerbinSide-Complete (for now) they are available as a seperate download, for those you really use them. I wanted to have some feedback if they are really used. (you are the first one asking about them)

6 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

looks bad. Which runway was it? I'll hope I can reproduce this.

Runway 3, I guess I didn't had the collider thingy on ?

I don't know, retrying now.

Edit,problem solved, it was the collider thingy...

JTEp1TU.png

Edited by Triop

I've discovered that with KK installed (plus a bunch of other mods), my KSC fully upgraded at the beginning of a career save. I'm currently trying to figure out which mods together make that happen. I'll give you the info when I figure it out.

Turns out it's KK by itself. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough to be frustrating.

Repro steps:

1. Install fresh KSP 1.2.2

2. Install Kerbal Konstructs and modulemanager

3. Start a new career save. If your KSC buildings aren't fully upgraded, exit to main menu and start a second career save. Using the same name on the second save, it happened nearly 100% of the time.

Edited by theonegalen

3 hours ago, theonegalen said:

I've discovered that with KK installed (plus a bunch of other mods), my KSC fully upgraded at the beginning of a career save. I'm currently trying to figure out which mods together make that happen. I'll give you the info when I figure it out.

Turns out it's KK by itself. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough to be frustrating.

Repro steps:

1. Install fresh KSP 1.2.2

2. Install Kerbal Konstructs and modulemanager

3. Start a new career save. If your KSC buildings aren't fully upgraded, exit to main menu and start a second career save. Using the same name on the second save, it happened nearly 100% of the time.

which version of kk are you using? Latest official or the pre release? 

I really hate this bug... Because I don't know why this happens.