[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

KSP v1.4.5 (GPP+GEP), KK v1.4.5.4

Ger_space,

I have a reproducible graphics issue that appears in a career save.  I haven't tested under any other conditions at this time.

I normally launch from KSC.  I open KK from within the VAB to launch from Rook's Glory LP.  The launch and mission goes normally but when I return from the mission and recover the craft the graphics go weird and I need to use the stock navigation buttons on the left hand side to get back to the VAB.  From there, I can reset the launch site to KSC and everything works well again.  If I attempt to launch from Rook's Glory instead of resetting the launch site, I can't see the LP because the graphics are incomprehensible nor launch the craft.  Reverting to the VAB and resetting the site clears the problem.

AlpBC8c.png

The output_log file is here.  Note the KK NRE at line 211156 that's somehow connected to StageRecovery.

I'm using GPP with 10.625x rescale and RO/RP1. I have KK and KKtoSD installed through CKAN but have also tried manual install by following every letter of the instructions, but still my KSC is exactly the same as before. Anyone know why its not showing up?

3 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Ger_space,

I have a reproducible graphics issue that appears in a career save.  I haven't tested under any other conditions at this time.

I normally launch from KSC.  I open KK from within the VAB to launch from Rook's Glory LP.  The launch and mission goes normally but when I return from the mission and recover the craft the graphics go weird and I need to use the stock navigation buttons on the left hand side to get back to the VAB.  From there, I can reset the launch site to KSC and everything works well again.  If I attempt to launch from Rook's Glory instead of resetting the launch site, I can't see the LP because the graphics are incomprehensible nor launch the craft.  Reverting to the VAB and resetting the site clears the problem.

AlpBC8c.png

The output_log file is here.  Note the KK NRE at line 211156 that's somehow connected to StageRecovery.

I've noticed that on all bases other than KSC. It looks to me like a camera clipping plane issue, since it goes away if you zoom out.

1 hour ago, sjsharks39 said:

I'm using GPP with 10.625x rescale and RO/RP1. I have KK and KKtoSD installed through CKAN but have also tried manual install by following every letter of the instructions, but still my KSC is exactly the same as before. Anyone know why its not showing up?

The extra parts should be there, but they're displaced. If you launch you'll find they're there, just miles away rather than around the base. The rescale messes up the coordinates, so they're all moved to be the correct distance apart, but around a centre that's some distance from KSC.

6 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

The extra parts should be there, but they're displaced. If you launch you'll find they're there, just miles away rather than around the base. The rescale messes up the coordinates, so they're all moved to be the correct distance apart, but around a centre that's some distance from KSC.

Isn't that what KKtoSD is supposed to fix?

2 minutes ago, sjsharks39 said:

Isn't that what KKtoSD is supposed to fix?

KKtoSD allows Sigma Dimensions to use KK groups to change the distance between statics. But it appears that the KSC and KSC Upgrades aren't counted as the same group. So KSCupgrades are all the same distance to each other, but they're not centred on KSC. Since KK has updated to allow offsets to terrain rather than absolute distance I find it easier to do away with KKtoSD and just place statics manually in the resized planet.

Edited by Citizen247

11 minutes ago, Citizen247 said:

KKtoSD allows Sigma Dimensions to use KK groups to change the distance between statics. But it appears that the KSC and KSC Upgrades aren't counted as the same group. So KSCupgrades are all the same distance to each other, but they're not centred on KSC. Since KK has updated to allow offsets to terrain rather than absolute distance I find it easier to do away with KKtoSD and just place statics manually in the resized planet.

I did manually place a few things but I couldn't make it look as nice at all. You don't think there's a way to get it to work?

5 hours ago, sjsharks39 said:

SigmaDimensions (and KKtoSD) are not working in 1.4.4-1.4.5, so It will depend on the version of KSP you are running. If you can't wait for an update, you can use a previous, stable release of KSP, like 1.3.1.

5 hours ago, Nightside said:

SigmaDimensions (and KKtoSD) are not working in 1.4.4-1.4.5, so It will depend on the version of KSP you are running. If you can't wait for an update, you can use a previous, stable release of KSP, like 1.3.1.

I'm not using KKtoSD, but SigmaDimensions works fine for me in 1.4.5.

6 hours ago, Nightside said:

Problem is I am using 1.3.1 because of RO/Rp1 and I can't seem to figure out why it won't work :( I'll ask sigma and see where I get

14 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Ger_space,

AlpBC8c.png

This happens even without KK installed. It appears more or less randomly when you're in this KSC view and it's been going on for many builds. You can zoom out sometimes or use the buttons on the left to get to verious buildings. Good news is that it's only affecting this view and doesn't pose a problem when you're controlling vessels.

17 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Use Kerbin-side remastered for quality launchsites 

This mod will only provide the tools ( for compatibility and license reasons)

There is no technical limit that restricts this mod to Kerbin, but until recently there was no way to build something on other planets in a non cheating way.

Even then the launch should a rocket built on duna cost the same like one build on Kerbin? 

I thought kerbin side remastered was done by someone else.... and it only has a few bases....

I prefer yours due to the number of pre-made bases on Kerbin....

I like your secret bases, like the Area 51 base too....

3 hours ago, Tyko said:

This happens even without KK installed. It appears more or less randomly when you're in this KSC view and it's been going on for many builds. You can zoom out sometimes or use the buttons on the left to get to verious buildings. Good news is that it's only affecting this view and doesn't pose a problem when you're controlling vessels.

This never happened to me w/o KK and it only affects the scene when I select another launch site, a feature that isn't available in any other of my installs/mods.  (but not saying that the behaviour is, in fact, KK-related).

More testing is required on my part since KK isn't the only new mod in my current KSP v1.4.5 GPP+GEP install.

33 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

This never happened to me w/o KK and it only affects the scene when I select another launch site, a feature that isn't available in any other of my installs/mods.  (but not saying that the behaviour is, in fact, KK-related).

More testing is required on my part since KK isn't the only new mod in my current KSP v1.4.5 GPP+GEP install.

It happens with KSCSwitcher too and has for a long time. KSCSwitcher is the previous method GPP used to switch launch sites before they adopted KK. 

7 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

I thought kerbin side remastered was done by someone else.... and it only has a few bases....

I prefer yours due to the number of pre-made bases on Kerbin....

I like your secret bases, like the Area 51 base too....

The problem is: I never made these bases, I only got  the permission to distribute them when I took over kerbal konstructs. 

I don't have the original 3d assets and now some statics need to be repaired, what I cannot do.

2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

The problem is: I never made these bases, I only got  the permission to distribute them when I took over kerbal konstructs. 

I don't have the original 3d assets and now some statics need to be repaired, what I cannot do.

Oh....well that sucks.

I still don't understand how modding works and why all this stuff is one way like this....

With all our technology we still haven't invented a program to somehow reverse engineer these things....

I didn't realize this wasn't originally your mod, it makes sense though.....pretty much every mod is being continued at this point is because the modder who made it quit playing....

It's unfortunate that so many who quit didn't make the original assets available before quitting. That in itself seems like a jerk maneuver....

This seems to happen quite a lot though. Even so like I said, you would think at some point someone would invent a way to reverse the whole process from whatever is available....so that starting over from scratch wasn't the only real choice....

1 minute ago, JoE Smash said:

Oh....well that sucks.

I still don't understand how modding works and why all this stuff is one way like this....

With all our technology we still haven't invented a program to somehow reverse engineer these things....

I didn't realize this wasn't originally your mod, it makes sense though.....pretty much every mod is being continued at this point is because the modder who made it quit playing....

It's unfortunate that so many who quit didn't make the original assets available before quitting. That in itself seems like a jerk maneuver....

This seems to happen quite a lot though. Even so like I said, you would think at some point someone would invent a way to reverse the whole process from whatever is available....so that starting over from scratch wasn't the only real choice....

There are ways to do that, but it's not allowed under the license he (Alpha Ash) used. 

Art assets are often under AAR ( all rights reserved) license, because it's too easy to use them elsewhere. 

My skills in 3d modeling are pretty basic only and I don't have the patience for it to create good looking assets. 

3 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

There are ways to do that, but it's not allowed under the license he (Alpha Ash) used. 

Art assets are often under AAR ( all rights reserved) license, because it's too easy to use them elsewhere. 

My skills in 3d modeling are pretty basic only and I don't have the patience for it to create good looking assets. 

Oh I see...well that sucks too then....

On 8/19/2018 at 8:42 AM, Ger_space said:

The Runway is toxic. Everything that touches it explodes. 

@Ger_space Yes, that western runway is very touchy. I tried landing at -2 m/s vertical velocity and my plane exploded.

BTW, I could only do this because I moved my game to 1.4.5. Now I can land on the runways! The problem I had in 1.4.3 (posted above) is now gone. Why do you think that is?