[1.8.1] Kerbal Konstructs - 1.8.1.15 - 15.Dec.2019

Ger_space

On 12/6/2018 at 5:08 PM, Beetlecat said:

I think in this case, you have to have your kerbal exit the craft. This confused me forever until that was pointed out.
Apologies if you have already tried that !:D

Oh wow thank you for pointing that out to me, and other googler's maybe. This I did not know. I'll check back if it was not in fact and issue with my ignorance.

edit: because I am here: this was in fact my issue. makes sense a kerbal has to supervise the teardown.

Edited by ElonsMusk
update

On 11/21/2018 at 5:20 PM, Ger_space said:

1. Fly to the planet
  2. land there where you want the launchsite
  3. press ctrl + k
  4. create a GroupCenter and place it nearby
  5. spawn a Building that has a launchSite Transform definded... most assats like this have have self explaining names
  6. Place that building where you want it and press the "Make LaunchSite button"
  7. Enter some values
  8. save everything
  9. switch to SpaceCenter and enter an editor.

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

the end of year is near, and before im off to vacation, I'll drop  a new release:

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbal-Konstructs/releases/tag/1.4.5.45

Changes for players:

• career games: display the right recovery percentege on the screen.
  • don't reveal hidden bases on the map view
  • enforcement of vessel size, part count and weight for custom launchsites.
  • some suprprise that is fitting for the end of the year.

changes for modders:

• you can define enforcement of vessel size, part count and weight for custom launchsites. 0 equals unlimited
  • you can define variants of your buildings and they are switchable in the editor.

general improvements

• dynamic spawning of buildings, when you are near the physical loading range. this will save memory, for unused bases.
  • Despawn of buildings, when you are out of range.

the documentation of the variant switching will be added to the wiki shortly. 

I will no longer continue  to support anything below KSP 1.4.5, because its annoying to maintain two different KSP versions. 

6 hours ago, Ger_space said:

some suprprise that is fitting for the end of the year.

Hrrmmm... that doesn't sound like an aircraft carrier stuck everywhere :D

Spoiler

HYhxnNB.png

XTqaK4n.png

nvfuipj.png

aXAxGYR.png

Altho when it did show up on the pad and blow up my ship it was like - "Surprise! MOFO!" :sticktongue:

Edited by Drew Kerman

2 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

Hrrmmm... that doesn't sound like an aircraft carrier stuck everywhere :D

Reveal hidden contents

HYhxnNB.png

XTqaK4n.png

nvfuipj.png

aXAxGYR.png

Altho when it did show up on the pad and blow up my ship it was like - "Surprise! MOFO!" :sticktongue:

ohhh that where it went :D

but not exactly the surprise I had in mind. I'll make a new release if Kerbin-Side and bring the carries back where they belong.

it's even funnier if you look at it the way I experienced it because it shows up in the Main Menu first and I'm like what is that - I thought it was a giant kerbal head and that was the side of the helmet. So then I go to the VAB and see this weird texture I thought was a floor texture hovering in the air - so I don't think to take the camera out of the building . Then I load out to the launch pad and BOOOM!! AIRCRAFT CARRIER, BEEOTCH!!

:D:D:D:D

43 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

it's even funnier if you look at it the way I experienced it because it shows up in the Main Menu first and I'm like what is that - I thought it was a giant kerbal head and that was the side of the helmet. So then I go to the VAB and see this weird texture I thought was a floor texture hovering in the air - so I don't think to take the camera out of the building . Then I load out to the launch pad and BOOOM!! AIRCRAFT CARRIER, BEEOTCH!!

:D:D:D:D

https://github.com/GER-Space/Kerbin-Side-Complete/releases/tag/1.4.5.25

I uploaded the Kerbin-Side release. 

16 hours ago, Ger_space said:

ohhh that where it went :D

but not exactly the surprise I had in mind. I'll make a new release if Kerbin-Side and bring the carries back where they belong.

This aircraft carrier seems to have collided with my station in orbit Kerbin and very epic exploded with it.;.;

I even thought the death Star came and destroyed the my world. :cool:

But then I saw him in KSC, and the whole KerbinSide was gone. Cool surprise came out! :confused:

3 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

This aircraft carrier seems to have collided with my station in orbit Kerbin and very epic exploded with it.;.;

I even thought the death Star came and destroyed the my world. :cool:

But then I saw him in KSC, and the whole KerbinSide was gone. Cool surprise came out! :confused:

Please use the latest version of Kerbin side. Then the strange behavior should be gone.

7 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

3znlt.png

3znot.png

What's it?

You use the distant object enhancements mod? 

Because I cannot reproduce the issues 

Basically it's objects that a spawned at the zero position ( what they never should do anyway) 

But some mod apparently sets everything actually active and visible, and that is really strange. 

Edited by Ger_space

6 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

You use the distant object enhancements mod? 

Because I cannot reproduce the issues 

Basically it's objects that a spawned at the zero position ( what they never should do anyway) 

But some mod apparently sets everything actually active and visible, and that is really strange. 

Yes. I have installed a mod distant object . And I lost the campus and other buildings around KSC.

12 minutes ago, Sokol_323 said:

Yes. I have installed a mod distant object . And I lost the campus and other buildings around KSC.

Then you should deactivate the. "Make other things than parts visible " option. 

This messes up kerbal konstructs.

You also should delete the old installs and reinstall the mods. 

6 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Then you should deactivate the. "Make other things than parts visible " option. 

This messes up kerbal konstructs.

You also should delete the old installs and reinstall the mods. 

When I came back to the old version. The new version will put on a clean install and I will watch how it will work.

The black object with the arrows is affecting my game as well. Distant object enhancement (DOE) has never been installed on this game. After the recent update of kerbinside and kerbal knonstructs, I also had strange object on the opening screen, I think it was a heli pad. Round range was orbiting Kerbin at about 750km. I'm going to downgrade to the previous versions of both. I just wanted to advise that DOE is most likely NOT the culprit. Thanks!

Please also note this object is visible when using hanger extender.

Edited by BrotherCavalier
Additional info

2 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

When I came back to the old version. The new version will put on a clean install and I will watch how it will work.

ok I'm finally home and with a clean install I see the problems now. Strange that I did't have the problems while testing. I will try to fix the issied asap

1 hour ago, BrotherCavalier said:

The black object with the arrows is affecting my game as well. Distant object enhancement (DOE) has never been installed on this game. After the recent update of kerbinside and kerbal knonstructs, I also had strange object on the opening screen, I think it was a heli pad. Round range was orbiting Kerbin at about 750km. I'm going to downgrade to the previous versions of both. I just wanted to advise that DOE is most likely NOT the culprit. Thanks!

Please also note this object is visible when using hanger extender.

I think I found the issue, it's kk crashing during startup, that leaves done halve initialized artifacts behind.